Windows 10: WordPad essay text turned into nothing but symbols and question marks.

Discus and support WordPad essay text turned into nothing but symbols and question marks. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So the other day I was working on an essay, that I've put months of work into, when my laptop froze and turned off on me by itself. When I got my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lee-ViSalinas, Aug 26, 2019.

1. WordPad essay text turned into nothing but symbols and question marks.

So the other day I was working on an essay, that I've put months of work into, when my laptop froze and turned off on me by itself. When I got my laptop back on, I opened up the essay and it was now blank. While trying to figure out a solution I noticed when I tried to highlight anything it would show that I highlighted something. The highlighted text was still invisible, but to me, that showed the text was still there just somehow invisible. So I decided to close the essay and reopen it without saving hoping that this would fix it. Instead when I reopened all of the text had turned into symbols and question marks like this

?? 0 [] @ ?? 0 @@

Also some other symbols in there too. When I try to copy and paste it into here so I can give an example it would not paste. I've been looking for solutions and fixes for days with no luck. So please if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it! I've put a lot of time and hard work into this essay. I would hate to lose it and start over. Thanks!

:)

Lee-ViSalinas, Aug 26, 2019
  2. golaiet2 Win User

How do I restore text that changed to question marks on wordpad file

WordPad essay text turned into nothing but symbols and question marks. [​IMG]

golaiet2, Aug 26, 2019
  3. JayRohwer Win User
    HELP! Essay in WordPad suddenly invisible!!!

I'm in real trouble, my massive essay in WordPad has suddenly gone invisible. I can highlight it all via CTRL + A, but i can't get it to show. Changing text format, size, color, highlight, ect does nothing. I pasted it in Notepad, Google Docs, Microsoft
    Word and nothing showed. Word threw up a line of dashes.

I've just failed my English assignment because of this. Is there a way to fix this?

JayRohwer, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Martmcd Win User

WordPad essay text turned into nothing but symbols and question marks.

essay

yes, click start type wordpad, press enter

type your essay.

don't forget to save it (regularly, whilst typing).

Martmcd, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

WordPad essay text turned into nothing but symbols and question marks.

1. WordPad essay text turned into nothing but symbols and question marks. - Similar Threads - WordPad essay text

2. My question mark in not working, it types a plus+ symbol.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question mark in not working, it types a plus+ symbol.: I have an HP elitebook laptop. When I try typing a question mark ? the plus symbol + appears, whether I'm pressing shift or not, and when I press fn it types a bar /....
  3. My question mark in not working, it types a plus+ symbol.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My question mark in not working, it types a plus+ symbol.: I have an HP elitebook laptop. When I try typing a question mark ? the plus symbol + appears, whether I'm pressing shift or not, and when I press fn it types a bar /....
  4. My question mark button only selects text.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My question mark button only selects text.: My keyboard is a GK61 and I've had it a while and all worked well, only today I've found that when I try and type a question mark instead of typing one it selects my whole text box. The slach and shift key both work normally any idea why this could be....
  5. My question mark in not working instead appears a plus+ symbol.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question mark in not working instead appears a plus+ symbol.: Hello. My question mark key is not working, when I press it, it appears the plus + symbol instead. And the slash / appears only if I press the fn key.Another weird thing is that when I click on the language bar appears more two options? QAA Unknown Locale US keyboard and also...
  6. My question mark in not working instead appears a plus+ symbol.

My question mark in not working instead appears a plus+ symbol.: Hello. My question mark key is not working, when I press it, it appears the plus + symbol instead. And the slash / appears only if I press the fn key.Another weird thing is that when I click on the language bar appears more two options? QAA Unknown Locale US keyboard and also...
  7. Trademark symbol changed into question mark

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trademark symbol changed into question mark: I tried to install a game but the install failed because of the invalid character original was trademark symbol Example the file name I saw on other people's video is "Game®" and mine is "Game?" Is there anyway to fix that?...
  8. WordPad not showing text or opens with weird symbols

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad not showing text or opens with weird symbols: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you open a document in WordPad in Windows 10 and see a set of weird symbols aka garbage text, then it’s probably because of the corrupted WordPad settings. In this post, we will show you can fix WordPad when [...] This post WordPad not showing text or...
  9. Thunderbird Inserting ?? Question Marks In Text

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Inserting ?? Question Marks In Text: Recently had this known issue with double '??' littering my text threads, but only for certain email providers and found this simple about:config fix here: Thunderbird Inserting Question Marks In Text • mozillaZine Forums Tools>Options>Advanced>Config Editor change...
  10. How do I restore text that changed to question marks on wordpad file

How do I restore text that changed to question marks on wordpad file: [img] 70705

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wordpad question mark bug