Windows 10: WordPad.exe is suddenly "Publisher: Unknown"

Discus and support WordPad.exe is suddenly "Publisher: Unknown" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think this must have happened since Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903, I now have to OK it with UAC. Of course I can manage but it's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clemenzina, Aug 8, 2019.

1. WordPad.exe is suddenly "Publisher: Unknown"

I think this must have happened since Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903, I now have to OK it with UAC.

Of course I can manage but it's a nuisance and whyever can't Microsoft recognise its own app? And can I fix it?

*Huh

:)

clemenzina, Aug 8, 2019

2. recoveryAMD64.exe what is this app from unknown publisher

Hi

Anybody know what the recovery app AMD64.exe is ?(from unknown publisher)

It is sitting waiting to be downloaded in my win10 anniversary start/menu.

The full path is C:\Recovery\OEM\Menu\RecoveryAMD64.exe

If it is malware how did I get it and how do I get rid.

Best regards

Aroma

Cannotfixit, Aug 8, 2019
  3. chaithraM Win User
    MSI & EXE installation throwing pop up as unknown publisher on Windows 10 - 1607 and 1709 update

I am trying to install an EXE which is a wrapper to the MSI on Windows 10 - 1607 and 1709 versions of OS which is throwing a pop up as
    unknown publisher. (both EXE and MSI is throwing the pop up)

We have the .pfx files and the installer should not show unknown publisher.

NOTE: this issue was not observed in the previous version of Windows(7 & 10).

Please let us know if there is any specific UAC changes as part of these latest WIN10 updates and workaround for the same.

chaithraM, Aug 8, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

WordPad.exe is suddenly "Publisher: Unknown"

unknown publisher

Hey, J.K. Rowling was an unknown publisher before Harry Potter, and look what happened to her.

But in your case, the 'unknown publisher' refers to the security certificate that vouches for a software program. These certificates need to be renewed annually or they become invalid, and Windows won't run software with an invalid security certificate.
    CM Tray is part of a very old program. Upgrade to the most recent version of the program, which will likely have a valid security certificate.

BulldogXX, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

WordPad.exe is suddenly "Publisher: Unknown"

1. WordPad.exe is suddenly "Publisher: Unknown" - Similar Threads - WordPad exe suddenly

2. Getting Unknown Publisher While Downloading and installing exe from Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Unknown Publisher While Downloading and installing exe from Server: Hi Team,We have one window application that is developed on Dot Net Framework 4.8. We used Click Once technology for deployment. I used signing key at project level. While publishing I given local drive path and for Installation URL given one of the our web server.So...
  3. Getting Unknown Publisher While Downloading and installing exe from Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Unknown Publisher While Downloading and installing exe from Server: Hi Team,We have one window application that is developed on Dot Net Framework 4.8. We used Click Once technology for deployment. I used signing key at project level. While publishing I given local drive path and for Installation URL given one of the our web server.So...
  4. Getting Unknown Publisher While Downloading and installing exe from Server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unknown exe files SOLVED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown exe files SOLVED: Today I found several exe files but can't find any info on Google as to if they are Windows exe or maybe malware.here are their locations and names%PROGRAMFILESX86%\rosser\Combes.exe%PROGRAMFILESx86%\unreal\Comment.exe%Localappdata%\Observation.exeThey show up in the Registry...
  6. Unknown exe files

Unknown exe files: Today I found several exe files but can't find any info on Google as to if they are Windows exe or maybe malware.here are their locations and names%PROGRAMFILESX86%\rosser\Combes.exe%PROGRAMFILESx86%\unreal\Comment.exe%Localappdata%\Observation.exeThey show up in the Registry...
  7. How to change the Publisher field in the exe file.

How to change the Publisher field in the exe file.: Dear MicrosoftI was making an both VS code project & Unity game.I was using python and used pyinstaller to turn the VS code project to an exe then an INNO setup installer after that i face a problem not with the code but it says 'Unknown Publisher' + smart screen issue. How...
  8. Unknown Publisher!!

Unknown Publisher!!: i have ran into today a UAC from a program i downloaded saying it was a Unknown publisher the program is ROBOMIND and it downloaded it from the official site! so question: Can i trust it and click, yes? is robomind even safe? and have you tried and experienced found any...
  9. MSI & EXE installation throwing pop up as unknown publisher on Windows 10 - 1607 and 1709...

MSI & EXE installation throwing pop up as unknown publisher on Windows 10 - 1607 and 1709...: I am trying to install an EXE which is a wrapper to the MSI on Windows 10 - 1607 and 1709 versions of OS which is throwing a pop up as unknown publisher. (both EXE and MSI is throwing the pop up) We have the .pfx files and the installer should not show unknown publisher....
  10. Unknown .exe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown .exe?: I was browsing my Task Manager for suspicous processes and I stumbled along one called 'WinStore.Mobile.exe'. Is this usual? I will post a Word Doc which includes screenshots. 36819

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unknown publisher Windows 7