Windows 10: WordPad Files

Discus and support WordPad Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I delete files listed when I click on the "FILES" heading while using the WordPad?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HowardFreed, May 6, 2020.

1. WordPad Files

How do I delete files listed when I click on the "FILES" heading while using the WordPad?

:)

HowardFreed, May 6, 2020

2. wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, May 6, 2020
  3. Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, May 6, 2020
  4. HVWB Win User

WordPad Files

Cannot select Wordpad as default for .rtf files

Step 7a1 click "More Apps"

Step 7a2 Scroll down and click "find another app on this PC" if wordpad is not listed

Continue with step7b

HVWB, May 6, 2020
Thema:

WordPad Files

1. WordPad Files - Similar Threads - WordPad Files

2. i cant open the files on my USB the ones are saved under wordpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open the files on my USB the ones are saved under wordpad: i cant open the files which are saved under WORDPAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-the-files-on-my-usb-the-ones-are-saved/80ac270e-f7fc-4591-a2b5-66189f76e93f
  3. i cant open the files on my USB the ones are saved under wordpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant open the files on my USB the ones are saved under wordpad: i cant open the files which are saved under WORDPAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-the-files-on-my-usb-the-ones-are-saved/80ac270e-f7fc-4591-a2b5-66189f76e93f
  4. I want to open an excel file in WordPad I've downloaded and set windows player legacy as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to open an excel file in WordPad I've downloaded and set windows player legacy as...: I want to open an excel file in WordPad I've downloaded and set windows player legacy as the default app to open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-open-an-excel-file-in-wordpad-ive/d438861c-8aa4-4be6-a061-8abe8ea91e9a
  5. I want to open an excel file in WordPad I've downloaded and set windows player legacy as...

I want to open an excel file in WordPad I've downloaded and set windows player legacy as...: I want to open an excel file in WordPad I've downloaded and set windows player legacy as the default app to open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-open-an-excel-file-in-wordpad-ive/d438861c-8aa4-4be6-a061-8abe8ea91e9a
  6. Trying to recover or open a tmp or dmp file from a Wordpad document that just disappeared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to recover or open a tmp or dmp file from a Wordpad document that just disappeared...: I created a file in Wordpad with Windowes 7. I didn't save it at any time. It's a very important file for a petition and when I changed screens just to do a Google spell check I returned and the file was gone...completely. I knew approximately the exact time it happened so...
  7. Trying to recover or open a tmp or dmp file from a Wordpad document that just disappeared...

Trying to recover or open a tmp or dmp file from a Wordpad document that just disappeared...: I created a file in Wordpad with Windowes 7. I didn't save it at any time. It's a very important file for a petition and when I changed screens just to do a Google spell check I returned and the file was gone...completely. I knew approximately the exact time it happened so...
  8. My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...: My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but it is in log format and only shows code I have changed to ODT and it is still the same...
  9. My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...

My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...: My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but it is in log format and only shows code I have changed to ODT and it is still the same...
  10. My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade