Windows 10: Wordpad not opening correctly (most of the time)

Discus and support Wordpad not opening correctly (most of the time) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My problem is when I open wordpad it opens in a very narrow page. I usually close it and reopen it 2 or 3 times and it returns to normal. See the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael#tweet, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Wordpad not opening correctly (most of the time)

My problem is when I open wordpad it opens in a very narrow page. I usually close it and reopen it 2 or 3 times and it returns to normal. See the images below for narrow page and normal page.

Wordpad not opening correctly (most of the time) 9ffa2009-8d4c-4cc9-bce1-16e485241c63?upload=true.png

:)

Michael#tweet, Sep 15, 2019

2. wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Sep 15, 2019
  4. TaticPT Win User

Wordpad not opening correctly (most of the time)

Wordpad

I did uninstalled it by accident and when I tried to open it, it says "Could not create new document"

TaticPT, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Wordpad not opening correctly (most of the time)

1. Wordpad not opening correctly (most of the time) - Similar Threads - Wordpad opening correctly

2. WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening: [IMG]If WordPad takes too long to open or just won’t open on your Windows PC, this guide will help you fix the issue. Why is my WordPad file not opening? If your WordPad app is not opening, it might be due to different reasons. Some potential causes of this problem include...
  3. aba file opening in wordpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aba file opening in wordpad: I have ABA files for banking and I have opened it in wordpad and now it is set as default and now can't use it in banking app because I can't revert it back- I've unticked always open in this app and still doesn't work...
  4. aba file opening in wordpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    aba file opening in wordpad: I have ABA files for banking and I have opened it in wordpad and now it is set as default and now can't use it in banking app because I can't revert it back- I've unticked always open in this app and still doesn't work...
  5. WordPad opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WordPad opening in Windows 10: I use Windows 10 in a laptop one year old, 24GB RAM, 512 SSD I find it takes a long time to open WordPad, I don't have this problem with other software I use.How do I solve this....
  6. Why is it opening in Wordpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is it opening in Wordpad: so I'm downloading a Docx file and its only opening in Wordpad and not google docs in chrome even though before the latest windows update it did how do I fix that submitted by /u/yuval8ittai [link] [comments]...
  7. .jar file opens with wordpad.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .jar file opens with wordpad.: So recently I may have done something stupid. I'm not sure what I did but when I try to open a file with Java it opens on wordpad for some reason. I tried changing it to Java but I can't find Java. Is there anything I can do to fix this? submitted by /u/Koufpa [link]...
  8. correct time

in Windows 10 Customization
    correct time: my laptop won't permanently keep correct time. why? I've tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/correct-time/a469ecd0-1663-4951-a033-8b55d0840e7b
  9. Opening Wordpad document in Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Opening Wordpad document in Word: Hi team. What would happen if I wrote a text in Wordpad and then opened it in Word? Would it mess up everything? Also, does anyone know whether a free Word Programme is included in Windows? I was going to pay to renew my subscription, but realised I already have access to...
  10. Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document

in Windows 10 Support
    Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document: Just upgraded from Windows 10 (1511) to the anniversary edition. When I try to create a new Wordpad or Notepad document, several minutes pass before the document pops up. A pre-existing file pops open upon command as usual. Other pgms may be doing the same, but I...