Windows 10: Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document

Discus and support Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just upgraded from Windows 10 (1511) to the anniversary edition. When I try to create a new Wordpad or Notepad document, several minutes pass before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vlinni, Aug 17, 2016.

1. vlinni Win User

Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document

Just upgraded from Windows 10 (1511) to the anniversary edition.

When I try to create a new Wordpad or Notepad document, several minutes pass before the document pops up.

A pre-existing file pops open upon command as usual.

Other pgms may be doing the same, but I am not certain; most pop up quickly as they usually do and should.

:)

vlinni, Aug 17, 2016
  2. Rohn007 Win User

opening an old document from windows 7 to windows 10 on a new computer

When the file opened in Notepad, was it readable? If yes, then it is NOT a Word document!

Or did it open in WORDPAD, a different program from NotePad? That would suggest that Office has not been installed on the new computer.

Rohn007, Aug 17, 2016
  3. JimWynne Win User
    notebook

There is no "document on notepad." There is a file somewhere on your hard drive. How did you get the document to open in notepad? In Wordpad, you can click on File > Open, then navigate to the file in question and click on it. You can also right-click
    on the file, select "Open with..." then select Wordpad.

JimWynne, Aug 17, 2016
  4. vlinni Win User

--Solved--

Found a USB hardware device which, when unplugged, these symptoms went away.

vlinni, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document - Similar Threads - Wordpad Notepad taking

2. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  3. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  4. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  6. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  7. WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening: [IMG]If WordPad takes too long to open or just won’t open on your Windows PC, this guide will help you fix the issue. Why is my WordPad file not opening? If your WordPad app is not opening, it might be due to different reasons. Some potential causes of this problem include...
  8. Folders taking a long a time to open

Folders taking a long a time to open: Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through...
  9. Word Document taking long time to Save Content

Word Document taking long time to Save Content: Hello, From last 1 month when I save any data in the word, it is taking long time and word become not responsive and complete 100% CPU is used by the word application to save the data....
  10. Opening Wordpad document in Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Opening Wordpad document in Word: Hi team. What would happen if I wrote a text in Wordpad and then opened it in Word? Would it mess up everything? Also, does anyone know whether a free Word Programme is included in Windows? I was going to pay to renew my subscription, but realised I already have access to...