Windows 10: Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document

Discus and support Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just upgraded from Windows 10 (1511) to the anniversary edition. When I try to create a new Wordpad or Notepad document, several minutes pass before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vlinni, Aug 17, 2016.

1. vlinni Win User

Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document

Just upgraded from Windows 10 (1511) to the anniversary edition.

When I try to create a new Wordpad or Notepad document, several minutes pass before the document pops up.

A pre-existing file pops open upon command as usual.

Other pgms may be doing the same, but I am not certain; most pop up quickly as they usually do and should.

:)

vlinni, Aug 17, 2016
  2. Rohn007 Win User

opening an old document from windows 7 to windows 10 on a new computer

When the file opened in Notepad, was it readable? If yes, then it is NOT a Word document!

Or did it open in WORDPAD, a different program from NotePad? That would suggest that Office has not been installed on the new computer.

Rohn007, Aug 17, 2016
  3. JimWynne Win User
    notebook

There is no "document on notepad." There is a file somewhere on your hard drive. How did you get the document to open in notepad? In Wordpad, you can click on File > Open, then navigate to the file in question and click on it. You can also right-click
    on the file, select "Open with..." then select Wordpad.

JimWynne, Aug 17, 2016
  4. vlinni Win User

--Solved--

Found a USB hardware device which, when unplugged, these symptoms went away.

vlinni, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document - Similar Threads - Wordpad Notepad taking

2. Opening a New Folder takes too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a New Folder takes too long: Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it takes about 15 seconds to open a New Folder on the Desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-a-new-folder-takes-too-long/a760502b-d040-4d47-8c50-e60313f26ee7"
  3. Apps/Programs take a long time to open/run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps/Programs take a long time to open/run: I have an Octo Core Processor but everything that I try to run/open up takes a long time, I have a reading showing that the Processor runs at around 2% to 3% and the 8GB of Ram is using about 45% to 48% when the computer is idle, how can I be using 45% of ram when the...
  4. Saved Notepad document opening blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved Notepad document opening blank: My boyfriend and I just moved into a new apartment, and we won’t have internet until tomorrow. My boyfriend writes scripts for videos he makes using online programs generally, but as we’re without internet for the time being, he’s been using Notepad instead. In the past two...
  5. w10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 takes a long time to boot: My w10 takes a long time to boot, the desktop apps load , then grey out and load again along with the apps pinned to start bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-takes-a-long-time-to-boot/63448655-da7a-4382-add5-07bcbccd81f0
  6. Notepad document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad document: Help Help Help My daughters notepad document has turned into the below. I desperately need to retrieve, any help would be much appreciated! ###################################################################################...
  7. System Restore taking a long time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore taking a long time: I am trying to use system restore but the screen has said that it is restoring the system for a very long time. My old windows XP computer seemed to do it very quickly. Do I just wait ? Would turning the computer off cause problems ? 65203
  8. Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document: Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead of as a WordPad document [img] [img] I'm setting up a new Dell Inspiron 15 (x64) laptop. Windows 10 Home (x64). And want to have WordPad to open as a WordPad document. --- The top of the document shows Word...
  9. HTML links in Outlook (office) 2016 taking a long time to open.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    HTML links in Outlook (office) 2016 taking a long time to open.: Clean install of Windows 10 Pro, 1709, 16299.98. And fresh install of Office 2016. Ran Windows update with give me updates for other Microsoft products checked. This the full office 20160 Pro Plus, not office 365. If I click a link in an e-mail, like the ones for forum post...
  10. Login takes a long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login takes a long time: Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is...