Windows 10: WordPad reporting content to Microsoft??

Discus and support WordPad reporting content to Microsoft?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; WordPad froze and when I closed it without further waiting to respond. Dialog box opened and said to wait until the problem gets reported to Microsoft!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AngryMK, May 17, 2020.

1. AngryMK Win User

WordPad reporting content to Microsoft??

WordPad froze and when I closed it without further waiting to respond. Dialog box opened and said to wait until the problem gets reported to Microsoft!

I need to urgently know WHAT is being reported??? Is content of my document sent?? I have important to me passwords written there I cannot have it being sent to Microsoft or ANYWHERE for that matter!

So what is being reported??? Is there a log???

:)

AngryMK, May 17, 2020

2. Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, May 17, 2020
  3. TaticPT Win User
    Wordpad

I did uninstalled it by accident and when I tried to open it, it says "Could not create new document"

TaticPT, May 17, 2020
  4. WordPad reporting content to Microsoft??

wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, May 17, 2020
Thema:

WordPad reporting content to Microsoft??

1. WordPad reporting content to Microsoft?? - Similar Threads - WordPad reporting content

2. How can I report a user for circumventing the content filter in the Microsoft Start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I report a user for circumventing the content filter in the Microsoft Start...: The content filter works well to prevent people from saying things like "You are..." then something demeaning. But there is a particular user substituting "you" for "ewe" and "you're" for "ewer" as a way circumvent the filter to harass many other accounts. In fact, their...
  3. How can I report a user for circumventing the content filter in the Microsoft Start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I report a user for circumventing the content filter in the Microsoft Start...: The content filter works well to prevent people from saying things like "You are..." then something demeaning. But there is a particular user substituting "you" for "ewe" and "you're" for "ewer" as a way circumvent the filter to harass many other accounts. In fact, their...
  4. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wordpad lost half of content: Hi! I need help. A document I've been writting for some years now suddenly lost half of its content randomly, and also all the photos from the work were erased from it. It's a RTF file. I noticed it seem to have some kind of connection to me adding pictures to it, since this...
  5. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordpad lost half of content: Hi! I need help. A document I've been writting for some years now suddenly lost half of its content randomly, and also all the photos from the work were erased from it. It's a RTF file. I noticed it seem to have some kind of connection to me adding pictures to it, since this...
  6. Wordpad lost half of content

7. Wordpad/Microsoft Word Documents

Wordpad/Microsoft Word Documents: I have recently updated my windows 10 and I tried to open Wordpad, I get a popup saying "Unable to create new document" And when I look under the Wordpad arrows for my saved documents the icon is missing and if I try to open one it says "The item selected is unavailable. It...
  8. Wordpad document randomly lost some content

Wordpad document randomly lost some content: Hi. One of my wordpad documents, which I update regularly, has suddenly lost a couple days worth of content, despite the fact that I know I saved it the last time I had it open. This isn't the first time it's happened to one of my documents, but it is the first time it's...
  9. Losing document content on Wordpad

Losing document content on Wordpad: I typed up about 60 pages of a document through on word pad and now I cannot get my content. The file opens up, yes, but it is completely blank. Though the scroll button is small and actually moves up and down af if the document is there but no words show. I have tried Copy...
  10. Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad

Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad: Hello. Whenever I try to open an rtf document from a network share with Wordpad, I get a security notice that says that content is blocked. Here is a snapshot (in Italian): [ATTACH] I've tried to click both OK and Unlock, but nothing changes. OS: Windows 10 Pro. How...