Windows 10: Wordpad shows Gibberish

Discus and support Wordpad shows Gibberish in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; WordPad .txt files written long ago in Hebrew now read as Gibberish, probably due to inadvertent change of encoding.How do I restore the original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dovel#, May 12, 2021.

1. Dovel# Win User

Wordpad shows Gibberish

WordPad .txt files written long ago in Hebrew now read as Gibberish, probably due to inadvertent change of encoding.How do I restore the original encoding?

:)

Dovel#, May 12, 2021

2. Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, May 12, 2021
  3. TaticPT Win User
    Wordpad

I did uninstalled it by accident and when I tried to open it, it says "Could not create new document"

TaticPT, May 12, 2021
  4. namitakrs Win User

Wordpad shows Gibberish

WordPad issue

I like to suggest you some steps as per my last experience follow these:
    Click -> Start menu -> type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar-> search and click on the result. -> open WordPad.
    If you’re find difficulty to open WordPad,
    the Press -> Windows + R key -> type ‘Write’ -> hit enter.
    You will WordPad application launching on the
    screen.
    or
    Navigate this path C:\windows\system32\ you will see a ‘write’ (File).
    The application is here now.

Wordpad shows Gibberish [​IMG]

or
    Just run an Office repair sofwtare to check if there will be any changes on the Word pad.

namitakrs, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Wordpad shows Gibberish

1. Wordpad shows Gibberish - Similar Threads - Wordpad shows Gibberish

2. My computer randomly started showing gibberish letters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer randomly started showing gibberish letters.: When I booted my computer, all my desktop application names, file names, even my time started showing gibberish letters. I don't know what to do, I googled lots of answers but none of them worked. I tried updating my graphics driver, updating windows, etc. I don't know what...
  3. My computer randomly started showing gibberish letters.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer randomly started showing gibberish letters.: When I booted my computer, all my desktop application names, file names, even my time started showing gibberish letters. I don't know what to do, I googled lots of answers but none of them worked. I tried updating my graphics driver, updating windows, etc. I don't know what...
  4. laptop showing gibberish language during bootup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laptop showing gibberish language during bootup: I have an issue with my laptop So one day I was watching a movie on my laptop my screen blacked outAnd it showed this windows error when I turned it on again and i couldn't fix this windows error so after few days i turn it back on it this media test failure check cable ok...
  5. laptop showing gibberish language during bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop showing gibberish language during bootup: I have an issue with my laptop So one day I was watching a movie on my laptop my screen blacked outAnd it showed this windows error when I turned it on again and i couldn't fix this windows error so after few days i turn it back on it this media test failure check cable ok...
  6. laptop showing gibberish language during bootup

7. Wordpad shows Gibberish

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wordpad shows Gibberish: WordPad .txt files written long ago in Hebrew now read as Gibberish, probably due to inadvertent change of encoding.How do I restore the original encoding? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-shows-gibberish/df0c2a34-d87b-4253-bfe2-466bf2193dc7
  8. Gibberish Solved

Gibberish Solved: For all of you out there with gibberish stuck on your computer, I have something that might help. So, if the gibberish only happens to be on your browser such as Chrome you can change it easily. [ATTACH]For people using Chrome, press the three dots and you'll end up with the...
  9. WORD documents showing up as WordPad

WORD documents showing up as WordPad: I am opening Word Documents and they are coming up as WordPad which I don't want. How do I bring them up as WORD and save them as WORD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-documents-showing-up-as-wordpad/1e6bba33-4e2b-4672-898f-b45f78324381
  10. Windows Applications not opening, showing Chinese gibberish instead.

Windows Applications not opening, showing Chinese gibberish instead.: Some programs I'm trying to use that work on other computers won't work on this computer. Rather, they show a window full of gibberish text. Any solutions or help will be appreciated. Window image: [img] This is the text it displays: Code:...