Windows 10: WordPad

Discus and support WordPad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I reset line spacing in wordpad so that my setting will show each time I open a new page instead of the default settings?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlCavalier, Aug 11, 2019.

1. WordPad

How do I reset line spacing in wordpad so that my setting will show each time I open a new page instead of the default settings?

:)

AlCavalier, Aug 11, 2019

2. wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Aug 11, 2019
  4. TaticPT Win User

WordPad

Wordpad

I did uninstalled it by accident and when I tried to open it, it says "Could not create new document"

TaticPT, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

WordPad

1. WordPad - Similar Threads - WordPad

2. Losing document content on Wordpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing document content on Wordpad: I typed up about 60 pages of a document through on word pad and now I cannot get my content. The file opens up, yes, but it is completely blank. Though the scroll button is small and actually moves up and down af if the document is there but no words show. I have tried Copy...
  3. How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?: How do you close a single file and/or clear a file from the Recent Docs list in Wordpad? This applies to using Wordpad from any device. ***Modified title from: Closing files in Wordpad ***...
  4. Closing files in Wordpad

Closing files in Wordpad: How do you close a single file and/or clear a file from the Recent Docs list in Wordpad? This applies to using Wordpad from any device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-files-in-wordpad/10c39e44-1456-4287-a1a8-63e3ddb75c27
  5. Windows 10 20H1: Paint and WordPad turned into optional features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H1: Paint and WordPad turned into optional features: Windows 10 20H1, the first feature update version of 2020 for Windows 10 and the first major update for Windows 10 after Windows 10 version 1903, will introduce quite a number of changes to the operating system. Microsoft continues to push new builds to the Insider Channel...
  6. WORDPAD for Windows 10 setting AND SAVING as DEFAULTS

in Windows 10 Customization
    WORDPAD for Windows 10 setting AND SAVING as DEFAULTS: I really do not like the SPACING default of "1.15" and change it to 1.0. BUT despite wasting lots of time reading others opinion of how to CHANGE TO DEFAULT, has been a total waste of time. I CAN'T FIND A "SAVE AS DEFAULT of ANY CUSTOMIZATION I TRY TO DO. Question: IS...
  7. Wordpad

Wordpad: Are there any templates (such as business letter or memo) provided in Wordpad? If so, how do I access them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad/b4012742-b10f-471c-a624-2c34a44c9638
  8. How to dave default Wordpad w/o Registry changes

How to dave default Wordpad w/o Registry changes: I've run a search and looked at 7 pages but not found an answer. I'd like to save the default settings for Wordpad w/o having to make a Registry edit. I found a possible solution but it doesn't make sense to me. Says to save as a Temp file, then whenever you open Wordpad it...
  9. Saving files to word instead of wordpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving files to word instead of wordpad: How do I save files in Word format instead of wordpad? I've tried to change the default settings in apps but can't find anything that would change wordpad to word....
  10. WordPad line spacing questions

WordPad line spacing questions: In Windows 10 I've been making documents with pictures in them using Word Pad. In all other versions of Windows I've used, doing that method would paste the picture where I want it either by Ctrl+V or or right clicking and Paste. But in this Windows 10 version it almost...