Windows 10: Words and Fonts are not sharp.

Discus and support Words and Fonts are not sharp. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I did the upgrade, the font of my system are just horrible. They are not as sharp as before, the best way to describe it, is that they look like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by herminshs, Jul 29, 2015.

1. herminshs Win User

Words and Fonts are not sharp.

After I did the upgrade, the font of my system are just horrible. They are not as sharp as before, the best way to describe it, is that they look like they where printed with a misaligned print head, and I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Does anyone else have this problem?

:)

herminshs, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Nottolina Win User

Restore display setting to locked default

Thank you for your answer. Actually I found a different solution: run a
    compatibility test
    for the apps that lost sharpness with a bigger font size. That completely solved the problem with Zotero (bigger font now, and sharp); regarding Unity, the only apparent solution is to revert to the preset settings (so I can have
    Unity with either a bigger font size but text a bit out of focus, or smaller fonts but perfectly sharp test – at least I have the option).

Nottolina, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Font sharpness

Hi boenker,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to run the
    Cleartype text.

• Type cleartype text in the search bar and click on the
      Adjust Cleartype text.

• Check mark on the Turn on Cleartype.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to manually update the Display adapters driver from the
    Device Manager.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest video card driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Joanne Win User

Yeah, me as well. Have a read at this and welcome to the club.

PS: when you are referring to such issues it is almost compulsory to post the complete specifications of your monitors, dot pitch included. IF you are having the problem I am having though, do NOT expect a solution.

Joanne, Jul 29, 2015
  5. theok Win User
    it is hideous with a pixel pitch above .25 like my .27 Samsung 24". But some people like it. LOL
    Decent enough at .18 on my notebook

theok, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Words and Fonts are not sharp. - Similar Threads - Words Fonts are

2. Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word: Hello, I've noticed that some fonts are missing in Microsoft Word on my Windows 10 PC. These are fonts that I've used before, but now they're no longer available in the font menu. I've checked the Fonts folder in Control Panel, and the fonts are still installed on my...
  3. Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word: Hello, I've noticed that some fonts are missing in Microsoft Word on my Windows 10 PC. These are fonts that I've used before, but now they're no longer available in the font menu. I've checked the Fonts folder in Control Panel, and the fonts are still installed on my...
  4. Text sharpness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text sharpness: On my 4K Monitor texts are not sharp enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-sharpness/08dcbfe7-33cd-4eaf-8b7d-52409e1c32f0
  5. Word file shows only sharps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word file shows only sharps: Today, I tried to open a file I have been working on for quite a long time on my laptop, but all it showed was eleven pages of sharps. Nothing but sharps!I rebooted my laptop and scanned it as well, in case it helps, but nothing changed.Furthermore, among the word files, this...
  6. Word file shows only sharps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word file shows only sharps: Today, I tried to open a file I have been working on for quite a long time on my laptop, but all it showed was eleven pages of sharps. Nothing but sharps!I rebooted my laptop and scanned it as well, in case it helps, but nothing changed.Furthermore, among the word files, this...
  7. Font size in word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Font size in word: Word 2016 has default font size of 11 but the size in any document when opened is very large maybe 18 or more. I cant change the size on any document Any thoughts 143691
  8. Change default font in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default font in Word: How can I change my default font and size when I create a Word doc? Thank you! Darlene J. Brent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-font-in-word/784c957a-2031-42bd-a6f6-a0b1fb2a2837"
  9. How to scan my document from Sharp Printer/Scanner SHARP MX-4070N into WORD doc instead of...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to scan my document from Sharp Printer/Scanner SHARP MX-4070N into WORD doc instead of...: Dear all, Do you have any idea how to scan my document from SHAPR MX 4070 into WORD format instead of pdf format? I need to edit the scanned copy, pdf makes it impossible to edit. If I use online software to convert the scanned pdf to word, it is still un-editable....
  10. How to enable sharp, crisp fonts in icons and taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable sharp, crisp fonts in icons and taskbar: Hello everyone In Windows 7 I used an aliased font for my taskbar, start menu and desktop icons, because the text looks crisp and clear. Windows 10 makes the taskbar, start menu and desktop icons' text anti-aliased (fortunately the window titles are still aliased). How can...