Words and Fonts are not sharp.

Discus and support Words and Fonts are not sharp. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I did the upgrade, the font of my system are just horrible. They are not as sharp as before, the best way to describe it, is that they look like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by herminshs, Jul 29, 2015.

1. herminshs Win User

After I did the upgrade, the font of my system are just horrible. They are not as sharp as before, the best way to describe it, is that they look like they where printed with a misaligned print head, and I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Does anyone else have this problem?

:)

herminshs, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Nottolina Win User

Restore display setting to locked default

Thank you for your answer. Actually I found a different solution: run a
    compatibility test
    for the apps that lost sharpness with a bigger font size. That completely solved the problem with Zotero (bigger font now, and sharp); regarding Unity, the only apparent solution is to revert to the preset settings (so I can have
    Unity with either a bigger font size but text a bit out of focus, or smaller fonts but perfectly sharp test – at least I have the option).

Nottolina, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Harshavardhan Rathod Win User
    Font sharpness

Hi boenker,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to run the
    Cleartype text.

• Type cleartype text in the search bar and click on the
      Adjust Cleartype text.

• Check mark on the Turn on Cleartype.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to manually update the Display adapters driver from the
    Device Manager.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest video card driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Joanne Win User

Yeah, me as well. Have a read at this and welcome to the club.

PS: when you are referring to such issues it is almost compulsory to post the complete specifications of your monitors, dot pitch included. IF you are having the problem I am having though, do NOT expect a solution.

Joanne, Jul 29, 2015
  5. theok Win User
    it is hideous with a pixel pitch above .25 like my .27 Samsung 24". But some people like it. LOL
    Decent enough at .18 on my notebook

theok, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Words and Fonts are not sharp. - Similar Threads - Words Fonts are

2. I need to have all documents I scan go to Word and not OneDrive. Help please.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to have all documents I scan go to Word and not OneDrive. Help please.: I need scanned document to go to Word and not OneDrive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-need-to-have-all-documents-i-scan-go-to-word-and/0ae7b9c7-0683-4ce7-8ad6-c30ebe7e599e
  3. wordpad font.

wordpad font.: Is there a way can I change the default font for wordpad In windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/wordpad-font/791b85fa-ac45-4313-9cce-b68a8ec2cd8f
  4. Change (increase) the font size in Outlook 2016 reading pane

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Change (increase) the font size in Outlook 2016 reading pane: My tired old eyes, 85 years, no longer can comfortably read emails in the reading pane. How can I increase the size of the font a notch or two? I searched the web but cannot find an answer that will work on my W10 system. Will really appreciate any help on this. Thank you....
  5. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  6. old fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old fonts: I want to install my old fonts I love them and if anyone knows doctor who you know its a must have and have others that's a must have please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/old-fonts/f400cfad-8d64-4797-9ff0-179cae12a0c7
  7. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  8. Inserting a picture in a Word document

Inserting a picture in a Word document: In Windows 10; I can't insert a picture, from my computer, into a Word document. I am following the Help instructions, which are the same as they were for Windows 7. However, the picture doesn't appear in the document, but I do get what looks like a text box. What am I...
  9. Laptop says need administator account to remove detatils from font file.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop says need administator account to remove detatils from font file.: just bought a new laptop recently, just want to edit one of my old designed fonts, and change the details on the font, ive gone to edit remove info and it says i need to use admin acount (there is only 1 account) , so i am, then it says cant edit , need permission from...
  10. How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?

How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?: How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-of-the-names-under/50291850-7360-442b-9191-cbd59aa3e445