Windows 10: Words and Fonts are not sharp.

Discus and support Words and Fonts are not sharp. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I did the upgrade, the font of my system are just horrible. They are not as sharp as before, the best way to describe it, is that they look like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by herminshs, Jul 29, 2015.

1. herminshs Win User

Words and Fonts are not sharp.

After I did the upgrade, the font of my system are just horrible. They are not as sharp as before, the best way to describe it, is that they look like they where printed with a misaligned print head, and I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Does anyone else have this problem?

:)

herminshs, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Nottolina Win User

Restore display setting to locked default

Thank you for your answer. Actually I found a different solution: run a
    compatibility test
    for the apps that lost sharpness with a bigger font size. That completely solved the problem with Zotero (bigger font now, and sharp); regarding Unity, the only apparent solution is to revert to the preset settings (so I can have
    Unity with either a bigger font size but text a bit out of focus, or smaller fonts but perfectly sharp test – at least I have the option).

Nottolina, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Font sharpness

Hi boenker,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to run the
    Cleartype text.

• Type cleartype text in the search bar and click on the
      Adjust Cleartype text.

• Check mark on the Turn on Cleartype.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to manually update the Display adapters driver from the
    Device Manager.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest video card driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Joanne Win User

Yeah, me as well. Have a read at this and welcome to the club.

PS: when you are referring to such issues it is almost compulsory to post the complete specifications of your monitors, dot pitch included. IF you are having the problem I am having though, do NOT expect a solution.

Joanne, Jul 29, 2015
  5. theok Win User
    it is hideous with a pixel pitch above .25 like my .27 Samsung 24". But some people like it. LOL
    Decent enough at .18 on my notebook

theok, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Words and Fonts are not sharp. - Similar Threads - Words Fonts are

2. Check and Change Ipaddress for Sharp Ar6023N

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Check and Change Ipaddress for Sharp Ar6023N: Hi Guys, Please help on how i can check and change an IP address for my Sharp Ar6023N i want to add it to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-and-change-ipaddress-for-sharp-ar6023n/93fb8592-3df4-4cc3-864c-99e28c28dfe8
  3. Richard Sharp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Richard Sharp: Good Evening I was going through my installed programs after I had Microsoft tech engineer fix problems with mt laptop. I came across MK5cheats in my c- drive and I cannot find anything about this. Could you advise if you are familiar with this and if it is ok to leave or...
  4. Can No Longer Change Font Size in a Word Document

Can No Longer Change Font Size in a Word Document: I am trying to type a word document (running Windows 10) and cannot change the font size. It is now set in 8 pt. which I've never used and I want to change it back to 11 or 12 point....
  5. Font and Font Size

Font and Font Size: I'm in the process of setting up my new laptop and have font questions. How do I change the font to my personal preference and how do I change the size as well? The current one is much too small. I located changing from 100% to 125%, which is problematic and does not...
  6. Removing sharp corners

Removing sharp corners: Has anybody come up with a way to get back to rounded corners on windows ( la Windows 7 and earlier) in Windows 10? They may be appropriate for tiling on a phone's display, but I think the square corners look really unattractive on a large monitor. An is there any way to...
  7. How to enable sharp, crisp fonts in icons and taskbar

How to enable sharp, crisp fonts in icons and taskbar: Hello everyone In Windows 7 I used an aliased font for my taskbar, start menu and desktop icons, because the text looks crisp and clear. Windows 10 makes the taskbar, start menu and desktop icons' text anti-aliased (fortunately the window titles are still aliased). How can...
  8. Office Word 2013: How to change the font of footnote numbering?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Word 2013: How to change the font of footnote numbering?: Does anybody know how you change the font of the footnote numbering in a document? Whenever I insert footnote, I get the number (1, 2, 3 ...) in "Times New Romans." I am using "Arial" for my writing, but I want the font "Tahoma" for the numbers of the footnotes. Is there any...
  9. Change default font in Word/Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default font in Word/Notepad: Is there anyway to change the default 'Calibri' font that is set on opening Notepad or Wordpad? I would love to open Notepad to find the font set at something I like. 'Verdana' for example, so I can just get straight on. I know I sound lazy, but I use Note or Wordpad a...
  10. Problem with font in microsoft word 2013

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with font in microsoft word 2013: Hello, I have a problem. I bought a new laptop and the font is quite different to the font I use on my windows 8. Please can someone help me to fix this problem? Here's the right font. [img] My font now in Windows 10 - Word 2013. [img] The wrong font and...