Windows 10: Words on screen too difficult to read

Discus and support Words on screen too difficult to read in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Often, I have great difficulty reading words and sentences on my PC. The letters are too light and often difficult or impossible to see. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Ed, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Words on screen too difficult to read

Often, I have great difficulty reading words and sentences on my PC. The letters are too light and often difficult or impossible to see. I've tried both light and dark modes, but neither makes much difference. I've also tried display settings but nothing helps. Is there any way to make fonts more visible, such as darker, so I can read them more easily/ Thank you. Toshiba laptop, Windows 10 Pro.

:)

Mr Ed, Jun 9, 2019
  2. annie Win User

How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Words on screen too difficult to read - Similar Threads - Words screen too

2. Word 10 Read Aloud isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word 10 Read Aloud isn't working: I chose the Read Aloud option from Commands (Speak isn't there anymore), selected text in a Word document, but when I clicked the Read Aloud icon, it opened the dictate function. It doesn't read the text. Is this an error in Word? How can it be fixed?...
  3. I tems too small to read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tems too small to read: I want to adjust the fonts/ lettering, are tooo small to see let alone to read. the screen displays are very small. how do I adjust to make everything much larger to enable reading...
  4. Everything too large on screen

Everything too large on screen: I have adjusted screen resolution, display settings and everything I know to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everything-too-large-on-screen/50b56c32-0f20-473a-b91b-84326904c761
  5. Everything too large on screen

Everything too large on screen: I have tried everything and I cannot fix this. Everything too large on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everything-too-large-on-screen/4a34236a-ded6-43a1-9b30-616e962b781c
  6. note pad word pad reading documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    note pad word pad reading documents: whenever I open docs in word pad or note pad it is in script that I cant read hod do I translate to normal reading ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/note-pad-word-pad-reading-documents/e9d0f461-5cb9-42c9-92ce-21f23fa4312d
  7. Screen magnafication is too small for me to read to hepl me read help instructions

Screen magnafication is too small for me to read to hepl me read help instructions: Can some tech at MS reply and help me via phone 641-642-3786. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Dan C Cronin....
  8. Difficult to explain problem

Difficult to explain problem: But hopefully this screenshot will help. https://i.imgur.com/37gjwFj.png I reinstalled Windows (Fall Creators Update 1709), and I'm sure this wasn't the case before. As you can see, on the E: drive the text below how much space is free is not shown like for the other...
  9. Some windows open and are too small to read

in Windows 10 Support
    Some windows open and are too small to read: I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 series 7000 which can with Windows 10. I am still learning my way around 10 and I'm no computer wiz. Some windows which open are very tiny. I am not referring to the size of the icons and text as it appears in some windows. Most windows are fine...
  10. Screen too Big!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen too Big!: My laptop is connected to my HD TV via an HDTV cable. But the blown-up screen encroaches beyond the 42"HD frame, so I have a difficult time scrolling, getting to the bottom and top bars. I want to settings and display, but I couldn't figure out how to shrink the screen enough...