Windows 10: Words on screen too difficult to read

Discus and support Words on screen too difficult to read in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Often, I have great difficulty reading words and sentences on my PC. The letters are too light and often difficult or impossible to see. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Ed, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Words on screen too difficult to read

Often, I have great difficulty reading words and sentences on my PC. The letters are too light and often difficult or impossible to see. I've tried both light and dark modes, but neither makes much difference. I've also tried display settings but nothing helps. Is there any way to make fonts more visible, such as darker, so I can read them more easily/ Thank you. Toshiba laptop, Windows 10 Pro.

:)

Mr Ed, Jun 9, 2019
  2. annie Win User

How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Words on screen too difficult to read - Similar Threads - Words screen too

2. Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.: Hi there, I'm having the same issue as I have found in a few other articles about text being too thin and difficult to read on many of the websites that I use on a daily basis....
  3. Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.: Hi there, I'm having the same issue as I have found in a few other articles about text being too thin and difficult to read on many of the websites that I use on a daily basis....
  4. Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.: I'm using my sister's 4 year old Lenovo Yoga 14IKB laptop and the text on some of the websites with white background is not readable. Two of the websites i found this happening are yahoo mail and notebookcheck. Some websites with white background, including this one works...
  6. Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.: I'm using my sister's 4 year old Lenovo Yoga 14IKB laptop and the text on some of the websites with white background is not readable. Two of the websites i found this happening are yahoo mail and notebookcheck. Some websites with white background, including this one works...
  7. Word Docx with graphic/alt text are not read for screen readers.

Word Docx with graphic/alt text are not read for screen readers.: We are using version of word2016 docx, which contains graphics and shapes have been tagged with alt text. but, screen readers are not able to read the alt text for those graphics and shapes in word. Please advise. [ATTACH] Thanks, Shankari....
  8. Font size is to small (difficult to read)

Font size is to small (difficult to read): In what world does anyone think that users like reading grey print on a white background or reading something in 4 and 6 pt font??? For example In what world does anyone think that users like reading grey print on a white background or reading something in 4 and 6...
  9. Reading pdf files in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Reading pdf files in Word: How can I use Word 2013 and Word 365 to open a .pdf file? If I right click on the .pdf file and choose Open With, no Word exist in the list. Thank you. 138482
  10. Screen magnafication is too small for me to read to hepl me read help instructions

Screen magnafication is too small for me to read to hepl me read help instructions: Can some tech at MS reply and help me via phone 641-642-3786. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Dan C Cronin....