Windows 10: Work and school account sign-in error.

Discus and support Work and school account sign-in error. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We are facing issues for all users, one by one, work or school account sign-in errors. Once signed out or restarted, it frequently gets an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Somashekar M1, May 21, 2024.

1. Work and school account sign-in error.

We are facing issues for all users, one by one, work or school account sign-in errors. Once signed out or restarted, it frequently gets an error

:)

Somashekar M1, May 21, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Join Teams for work or school meeting with personal Microsoft account

Microsoft Teams Insider Blog: As a part of ongoing work to improve the experience when joining Teams meetings, we have just made a new update available for Teams Insiders. When using your personal Teams account to join a meeting that originated from a Work or School Teams account, you previously had to join as a guest, often causing your meeting to open in a web browser with limited functionality. Now you can join as your signed-in personal Microsoft account from within the Teams app on Windows 11, providing a better meeting experience for all parties. In the first phase of rolling out this new functionality, you will get the new experience when joining a Teams for work or school meeting from within Teams free by tapping a Teams for work or school meeting link in a chat or community within Teams free. Your signed-in personal Microsoft account will be used when you join the meeting.
    Work and school account sign-in error. Join_Teams_work_meeting_with_personal_account-e1707754628931.png
    If you dont have the Teams meeting in your Teams free calendar, a nice little trick is to forward the meeting invite to the email you use to sign in to Teams free. Then you will have the meeting neatly in your Teams calendar, readily available for you to join the meeting when its time. How to join Teams Insider? Its easy to join Teams Insider for earlier access to new features and improvements:
    1. Go to app settings in Teams free
    2. Navigate to Teams Insider program section (you can get there directly with this link)
    3. Tap Join button to join Teams Insider
    4. Restart the Teams app and you have the latest features and improvements
    You will find detailed information how to join in this support article. How to send feedback and suggestions? We are always happy to receive feedback and suggestions to make Teams even better. To participate in our feedback program and help us in our endeavor, please follow the steps below: Source: Join Teams for work or school meeting with your personal account - Teams Insider

Brink, May 21, 2024
  3. EmilyS726 Win User
    Sign into account protection with work or school account

Hello, this is Emily.

Windows' account protection is specific for personal Microsoft account, because a work or school account has its own account management/protection feature managed by the organization and configured by the organization, hence work/school account is not relevant here for this feature.

If you are using Windows Home edition, you do have to set up the computer using a personal Microsoft account. However, you can turn it into a local user by severing the tie with this Microsoft account later by going to Settings > Accounts > Your info. From there, one can click on "sign in with a local user instead" to turn the Windows user into local account. Users cannot set up a Windows user using a work or school account because it is a Home edition, which is not intended for business use. If you need to set up a Windows user using work or school account, you need at least Pro edition, which you already have. If that's what you need to do, you will have to use these steps instead:

Go to Settings > Accounts > Access Work or School, click on Connect.

Don't sign into your work email yet. Instead, click on "Join this device to Microsoft Entra ID". On the next step, you will be prompted to sign in, then you can sign in.

Once done, restart the computer and you can use "switch user" to sign in using the company email.

EmilyS726, May 21, 2024
  4. TONPumper Win User

Work and school account sign-in error.

Onedrive asking to sign in to a school account

Hello, A few years ago, I lost access to my school email and had to create a new personal email for windows. My files sync fine with the new email, but once a day, I get a prompt asking me to sign into sharepoint and when I click the button to sign in, the only option I have is for the school account which I don't have access to. I deleted everything that started with Microsoft Office from credential manager that didn't have my personal email in the username field, ran the command C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset to reset onedrive, and uninstalled/reinstalled onedrive to no avail. Does anyone know what I missed here or why my school account is still connected? EDIT: I saw a SSO_POP_User credential that I missed in credential manager. Maybe that will fix it. I just unlinked and link my account and wasn't prompted to sign in; however, when the select an account prompt comes up, the school email appears in the list of options.

TONPumper, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Work and school account sign-in error.

1. Work and school account sign-in error. - Similar Threads - school account sign

2. Work and school account sign-in error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work and school account sign-in error.: We are facing issues for all users, one by one, work or school account sign-in errors. Once signed out or restarted, it frequently gets an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/work-and-school-account-sign-in-error/13dd4172-ff9f-4add-ac0d-76fed810252c
  3. Work and school account sign-in error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work and school account sign-in error.: We are facing issues for all users, one by one, work or school account sign-in errors. Once signed out or restarted, it frequently gets an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/work-and-school-account-sign-in-error/13dd4172-ff9f-4add-ac0d-76fed810252c
  4. Sign into account protection with work or school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign into account protection with work or school account: I have a windows 11 pro OS. I use a local account in the computer for login, and want to keep it that way. When I go to Windows Defender and try to setup account protection. It says to sign in with Microsoft account. When I try and use the work or school account it says not a...
  5. Sign into account protection with work or school account

Sign into account protection with work or school account: I have a windows 11 pro OS. I use a local account in the computer for login, and want to keep it that way. When I go to Windows Defender and try to setup account protection. It says to sign in with Microsoft account. When I try and use the work or school account it says not a...
  6. Can't sign into Work or School account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into Work or School account.: I recently updated my BIOS via the HP Support Assistant application. After updating my Bios, I noticed that my work and school emails did not work in outlook. I thought this was just an Outlook issue, but even when I attempt to sign into the Teams app I get the same issues....
  7. Can't sign into Work or School account.

Can't sign into Work or School account.: I recently updated my BIOS via the HP Support Assistant application. After updating my Bios, I noticed that my work and school emails did not work in outlook. I thought this was just an Outlook issue, but even when I attempt to sign into the Teams app I get the same issues....
  8. Work or School Account Trying to Sign In

Work or School Account Trying to Sign In: I connected my school Microsoft Account on the Microsoft Office app. I have removed my school account, however, when I use the app, Microsoft 365 tries to have me sign in with my school account. Funny thing is... I'm already signed in with my personal 365 account. I would...
  9. Work or School Account Trying to Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Work or School Account Trying to Sign In: I connected my school Microsoft Account on the Microsoft Office app. I have removed my school account, however, when I use the app, Microsoft 365 tries to have me sign in with my school account. Funny thing is... I'm already signed in with my personal 365 account. I would...
  10. Work or School Account Trying to Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming