Windows 10: Work Around to get into BIOS and access USB

Discus and support Work Around to get into BIOS and access USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OS: MS Win 10 Home Version: 10.0.19041 I have an ASUS laptop and have kept Windows 10 updated About 2 weeks ago, Windows stopped working and I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 403LK, Oct 1, 2020.

1. 403LK Win User

Work Around to get into BIOS and access USB

I have an ASUS laptop and have kept Windows 10 updated About 2 weeks ago, Windows stopped working and I cannot access anything! Not safe mode, not BIOS, and cannot boot from USB. The laptop boots up, allows me to sign in, shows the desktop and at that point does nothing. I cannot access any Windows functions or apps and have to manually shut down each time. Shift+ Restart does not work, tapping esc (nor any other function key) on startup does not work.
    Does anyone know how to access BIOS in a situation such as this? I would like to change the boot up to be from the USB as it doesn't appear to be doing this. I read somewhere that I may have to contact ASUS for this work around.
    Also, how do I get the laptop to boot up from the USB if I can't access the BIOS?
    Thank goodness I have my older laptop which has turned out to be the trusty standby.
    Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

:)

403LK, Oct 1, 2020

2. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Oct 1, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 1, 2020
  4. WhyMe Win User

Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD

I really feel for you Famazed. You must feel so frustrated and angry right now.

I want to recap something
    Not really.

Please take another look at this earlier post
    Forget the battery for a minute.
    Do you think you can disconnect the cables from the HDD? Take another look and see what you think. On some motherboards I have worked on, if you disconnect a drive the BIOS will automatically search for a bootable disk on a drive. So if you remove the cables from the HDD you may be able to, for example, use a CD or USB Win10 prepared installation disk to gain access to UEFI via the Repair & Advanced Troubleshooting dialog. Work Around to get into BIOS and access USB :)

WhyMe, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Work Around to get into BIOS and access USB - Similar Threads - Around BIOS access

2. All USB ports not working outside of BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    All USB ports not working outside of BIOS: All USB ports 2.0 and 3.0 on my computer are no longer working when Windows 10 starts up. Asus s400ca laptopI checked device manager and can't remember what it said, but the USB had the yellow exclamation mark next to it I restarted my computer hoping it would fix the flash...
  3. USB mouse jumping around

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mouse jumping around: First, I'm on Win10 v. 1909. I've tried to update, but haven't been successful. I heard there was a bug in 1909 that had to do with this, but this is the first mouse I've had a problem with. It's a brand new mouse, about a week old. Was working perfectly until today. I've...
  4. Pointer jumps around in Bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pointer jumps around in Bios: Hi, Can someone please help me with this issue? When I start up my PC it automatically goes into Bios mode then as soon as bios mode opens, the pointer jumps around everywhere and starts selecting & changing different settings so I have to be prepared to quickly press...
  5. USB Keyboard Does Not Work in BIOS (But Otherwise Works Fine.)

USB Keyboard Does Not Work in BIOS (But Otherwise Works Fine.): I have a USB keyboard which normally works fine but is not working when I enter the BIOS. (Which I am trying to do BTW so that I can boot from the the Win10 ISO install disk. I'm on Win7 now and I've tried the easier way many times but it always fails.) The keyboard is...
  6. Unable to OC and USB does not work to get into BIOS

Unable to OC and USB does not work to get into BIOS: This is weird. I was going to just leave with that but I figure it might help to explain...lol I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit First I had trouble getting into my bios as the keyboard and mouse did not initialize until the log in screen showed up. I was able to find...
  7. USB Keybard Not Working In BIOS

USB Keybard Not Working In BIOS: Hi Team, My laptop keyboard had liquid spilled over it so it stopped working. I took it to a local repair shop who tried to unplug-replug the keyboard cable but it did not work. So as a workaround we kept the USB cord unplugged and this way USB keyboard started working...
  8. Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS: Hello, I'm trying to clean install Windows 10 on my laptop but I'm having some problems. My laptop is an old Lenovo Z580 i7. Initially it had Windows 8 but then I somehow managed to clean install Windows 10 on it. I said somehow because I'm trying to do the same right now,...
  9. no bios access

in Windows 10 Support
    no bios access: I can't access my bios at all, theres no option in the start up nor when i go into the windows recovery option, ive tried spamming f2 and so on, can someone please help? I'm not very good with computers either. [img] [img] 91601
  10. Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD: Hi My problem is that I can't access UEFI Firmware settings or Boot from USB/DVD in the Advanced startup. They are missing. What can I do? I want to go back to windows 8.1 (Don't have windows.old folder), but it gives me an error when I install it when windows is running....