Windows 10: Work Computer Will Not Print w/ Recent Update

Discus and support Work Computer Will Not Print w/ Recent Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having some issues with my computer at work in that it will not print anything. I restart it at the end of every work day, and yesterday there was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HaileyWelker, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Work Computer Will Not Print w/ Recent Update

I'm having some issues with my computer at work in that it will not print anything. I restart it at the end of every work day, and yesterday there was an update, which is never an issue.

But when I started to get the day going with the computer today and went to print some documents, it will not let me. I keep getting a popup every time I go to print that wants me to save the file as a .prn file, while the top of the bar is named "Print to File." This is coming from Microsoft Word. I cannot print PDFs, I cannot print images. I cannot print from our point of sale system, which instead tells me to "Save Print Output As." I have never seen these before.

I have searched for this issue, which came up with some results, relating mostly to PDFs. I have set the printer (a Konica Minolta BizHub C35) as the default printer, nothing changes. I have attempted to update the driver, it will not allow me, stating that the driver is up to date. I've restarted the computer, it did nothing, except install another Windows 10 update.

This is not a problem with me attempting to print PDFs, this is an issue where I cannot print *anything* from any program used to open a document or image. Luckily we have a second computer that I can print off of, but it is still running Windows 7 and not Windows 10.

I'm sort of at a dead end here. Does anybody have any solutions to this?

Thanks!

:)

HaileyWelker, Jul 30, 2019

2. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Print Screen not working for my desk top. Can anyone please fix it?

I have a desktop with Windows 10 installed on it. Recently after some updates I found that my Print Screen Function not working.. Could you suggest steps to rectify this.

Thanks

milindrrege, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Graogrim Win User

Work Computer Will Not Print w/ Recent Update

B&W printing problem

Print a photographic image with true black in it somewhere and see if it comes out correctly. If not, then yes, replacing your black ink cartridge should do it.

Edit: And yes, Namslas' suggestion is a good one, though I'd suggest alcohol instead of water.

Graogrim, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Work Computer Will Not Print w/ Recent Update

1. Work Computer Will Not Print w/ Recent Update - Similar Threads - Computer Print Recent

2. Computer will not accept the most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not accept the most recent update: My computer will not accept the newest windows 10 update. It will not apply it and backs out of it every time. Is there anything I can do to allow this update to load?...
  3. Recent update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update destroyed my computer: The most recent windows update has caused my windows to deactivate, cause my task bar, start up and search to stop working entirely. My recovery save is gone, I can not rollback to my previous windows update. I can't open up any up any thing other then settings and chrome. On...
  4. After recent window 10 update my computer cannot print anything.

After recent window 10 update my computer cannot print anything.: Can anyone help me out ? i not sure is it the security update. i try to re-roll the updates but just that 2 particular security update no uninstall button. I remember last time i got encounter this printing problem but after re-roll back the latest update. my printer start to...
  5. Files won't print after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files won't print after recent Windows update: After the most recent Windows update, non of my files will print. When I hit the print button instead of printing, a box opens to "print to file" instead of the file going to my printer. My printer is in the list and is checked as my default printer, and there is no check...
  6. Recent update broke my computer

Recent update broke my computer: A week or so ago, I updated windows with the most recent update. The next day I turn it on to use it and it started up fine, got to the login screen fine but when I logged in my desktop was gone, all I had was the tool bar on the bottom. When I would scroll my mouse down to...
  7. Computer hangs after recent update

Computer hangs after recent update: Since a recent update of W10 I have noticed that my computer hangs. Activating Task Manager seems to get the laptop working again but it keeps doing it. Also I have noticed that right click type windows keep opening randomly all the time. I have tried a complete reset but...
  8. Recent Update Crashes Computer

Recent Update Crashes Computer: Ever since the update last night my computer won’t boot up to the login page. It flashes on screen then locks on a black screen. Fix this ASAP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-crashes-computer/808edccb-a4f1-484e-b7dd-d5b44111d5f8
  9. Recent Windows Update caused my computer to not work right.

Recent Windows Update caused my computer to not work right.: I just did a windows update yesterday and afterwards my entire system is locking up and most of it is not working. My system was windows 10 home 64 before doing windows update yesterday, but now seems to be looking and acting like windows 7. I can not use the windows start...
  10. recent W10 update on my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    recent W10 update on my computer: IS it only me or did others get a bit upset with the recent,*Sad past 2 days worth of changes that have taken place in W10?? I had my W10 desktop set up with links to places that I use often, now all of that has gone and I'm wasting time trying to find the links that I...