Windows 10: Work Folder sync Error 0x8007017C, The cloud operation is invalid on Windows 10

Discus and support Work Folder sync Error 0x8007017C, The cloud operation is invalid on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Let us say that you have setup Work Folders on your PC or on […] This article Work Folder sync Error 0x8007017C, The cloud operation is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 20, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Work Folder sync Error 0x8007017C, The cloud operation is invalid on Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 20, 2021

2. Error Code 0x8007017C

Running Windows 10 receiving this error when trying to access many basic file types like jpg, png and gif. Searched the community forums and listed error codes and have not found any info on this specific code. The full message reads:

Interrupted Action

An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0x8007017C

[File name]

Item type: PNG file

Size: 2.24 MB

Availability status: Syncing

((lark00033, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Work Folder sync Error 0x8007017C, The cloud operation is invalid on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Folder sync Error

2. How to fix a 0x8007017c error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix a 0x8007017c error?: Hi,I have had 2 users from separate companies come to me with the same error. 0x8007017c. I have tried editing the work folders group policy and reseting OneDrive and nothing seems to work. It only happens with SharePoint sites that have synced to OneDrive.Any suggestions to...
  3. Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed: I have exactly almost the same error as this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/error-0x800701aa-the-cloud-operation-was-not/3fcfa88f-db1b-4b8f-adcc-61d8f54d793a and Google is not helping. This is my last resort.I want to move files off Onedrive, but I...
  4. Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed: I have exactly almost the same error as this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/error-0x800701aa-the-cloud-operation-was-not/3fcfa88f-db1b-4b8f-adcc-61d8f54d793a and Google is not helping. This is my last resort.I want to move files off Onedrive, but I...
  5. OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud: Hi, this my first post here. I don't know if I have put this in the correct forum, apologies if not. My Windows Version is 20H2. For some reason I created my OneDrive folder within my existing OneDrive setup, in C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Email attachments\Documents. I don't...
  6. Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed: Hello, I am struggling with a big problem which doesn't allow me to delete files I downloaded since the computer turn on after reboot you can delete them normally. Each time I am receiving error "Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed". I am not using...
  7. OpenGL error 1282 Invalid Operation!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OpenGL error 1282 Invalid Operation!: So, I think this is the 4th question I have asked Microsoft. I had many problems with my computer. Now I have a new one so I have less problems, but I did stumble upon an error today, and it has to do with OpenGL. So I downloaded a shader pack for Minecraft and I activated it...
  8. Onedrive: The Cloud operation is invalid

Onedrive: The Cloud operation is invalid: I keep having this error. I allreay uninstalled Onedrive en re-installed it. The error keeps returning.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-the-cloud-operation-is-invalid/266cf235-18fb-4961-8842-8a5ff33d4f70
  9. Error Code 0x8007017C

Error Code 0x8007017C: Running Windows 10 receiving this error when trying to access many basic file types like jpg, png and gif. Searched the community forums and listed error codes and have not found any info on this specific code. The full message reads: Interrupted Action An unexpected...
  10. Cloud Clipboard not working or syncing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cloud Clipboard not working or syncing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The new Cloud Clipboard in Windows 10 leverages Cloud technology. This enables users to sync their texts and files from one Windows 10 device to another, so long they prefer using the Microsoft account. However, the syncing feature is not [...] This post Cloud...