Windows 10: Work on Chromium for Windows 10 on ARM appears to be progressing

Discus and support Work on Chromium for Windows 10 on ARM appears to be progressing in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last year, various reports confirmed that Chromium is coming to Windows 10 on ARM and the open-source browser will soon run natively on ARM. Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 2, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Work on Chromium for Windows 10 on ARM appears to be progressing

Last year, various reports confirmed that Chromium is coming to Windows 10 on ARM and the open-source browser will soon run natively on ARM. Google Chrome is also based on Chromium but it’s not known if or when Google plans to bring its web browser to Windows 10 on ARM.

Today, we discovered multiple Chromium Gerrits which appears to suggest that the open-source web browser will run natively on ARM soon and the work is slowly progressing.

The first Chromium post is called ‘Add Windows support to build/symlink.py’. The post says that Windows 10 on ARM comes with the need to cross-compile the browser for it and Chromium will now use symlinks from the target output directory to the host output directory to make this happen.

“This change adds no-escalation symlink-ish functionality for Windows to the script that implements symlinking in the Chromium build. The biggest caveat to this support is that files are hard-linked, so any time that a symlink target is deleted and replaced without recreating the symlink, hard links will be stale. This is acceptable because the Chromium build system always re-makes links when the original changes,” the post revealed.

The second Chromium post aims to ‘.exe’ suffix to imagediff symlink target’. The post says that the Windows version has been revised to support cross-compilation and symlinking, but there is a need to provide the correct ‘.exe’ file name to the symlink script.

“Now that Windows has cross-compilation and symlinking, targets with custom output naming need to provide the correct ‘.exe’ file name to the symlink script,” the post revealed.

It’s also worth noting that both Chromium posts have Microsoft engineer and Chromium developers attribution.

The post Work on Chromium for Windows 10 on ARM appears to be progressing appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Jsssssssss, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Mary Sau Win User

i cannot un install chromium

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• Are you pertaining to Chromium browser or a malware?
    • What are the changes made to your computer before Chromium appeared?
    If you suspect that its a virus/malware, we suggest that you run a complete scan on your computer to remove it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Mary Sau, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Work on Chromium for Windows 10 on ARM appears to be progressing - Similar Threads - Chromium ARM appears

2. Windows 10 ARM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 ARM: I wish Windows would allow people to download windows 10 in the ARM format, not only windows 11. I need to use windows 10 on my new M1 Mac, and I've seen countless other people dealing with the same issue. Does anyone have a copy of this download??...
  3. Windows 10 ARM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 ARM: I wish Windows would allow people to download windows 10 in the ARM format, not only windows 11. I need to use windows 10 on my new M1 Mac, and I've seen countless other people dealing with the same issue. Does anyone have a copy of this download??...
  4. Windows 10 ARM

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 ARM: Is there a ARM version of Windows 10 that I can download ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-arm/62a426f0-1dc2-4725-b5aa-f48b464fc2c2
  5. Windows 10 ARM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 ARM: I am trying to install windows 10 ARM on raspberry pi 3 B+. I was able to create a windows image using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyLdAs_roIA&t=217s There are no USB drivers when the imaging is completed. Do I need to purchase a license for windows 10 ARM to obtain...
  6. Will Windows 10 ever work with an ARM processor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will Windows 10 ever work with an ARM processor?: Will Windows 10 ever work with a Risc processor? I have an old Windows RT Tablet that I would like to install Windows 10 on. I have read that Microsoft plans to have a Windows 10 version that works on multiple platforms and processors. Is this true? or possible in the...
  7. Windows 10 ARM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 ARM: I see a lot of windows 10 ARM laptops but I haven't saw any desktops. I would like to do some testing of my apps in an ARMs environment but I don't want to buy another laptop to do it. I bought (a cheap) lumia 950 xl because you can install windows 10 ARM on it (unofficially)...
  8. Microsoft’s smooth scrolling for Chromium makes more progress

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s smooth scrolling for Chromium makes more progress: Microsoft recently shipped the first beta version of its new Edge browser for Windows 10, Windows 7 and macOS. Microsoft Edge, which is built on Google’s open-source browser foundation ‘Chromium’, comes with several features and it is also expected to receive scrolling...
  9. Microsoft makes more progress in scrolling improvements for Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft makes more progress in scrolling improvements for Chromium: Microsoft has confirmed multiple times that it’ll bring smooth scrolling to Chromium-based browsers, including Google Chrome. Microsoft is very keen on delivering on this promise, as the work on the project has advanced in the past few days and another new feature has been...
  10. Windows 10 on ARM

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 on ARM: For the first time ever, our customers will be able to experience the Windows they know with all the apps, and peripherals they require, on a mobile, power efficient, always-connected cellular PC. Watch to learn more and see Windows PCs running on Qualcomm Snapdragon...