Windows 10: Work or school account cannot be disconnected

Discus and support Work or school account cannot be disconnected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to disconnect my work/school account but when I go to "Access work or school", select my account and click on Disconnect it is asking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dracus, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Dracus Win User

Work or school account cannot be disconnected

Hi, I am trying to disconnect my work/school account but when I go to "Access work or school", select my account and click on Disconnect it is asking me if I am sure and when I confirm account is removed and immediately created again. Is there any way to remove account?Thx,Oliver

:)

Dracus, Jun 10, 2021

2. How do I disconnect a work or school account?

I have a Surface pro 5 with my own microsoft account as the administrator account. However, there is also a work or school account connected to my laptop. Whenever I try to disconnect the account, a box pops up saying "This work or school account cannot
    be removed by system policy." When I click yes, nothing happens. Is it possible to remove this account?

InfiniteVortex, Jun 10, 2021
  3. CFrame Win User
    School still requiring login changes after disconnecting on my PC

This has been going on for a bit now, and I'm finally getting so fed up with having to brainstorm new pins every 3 months. I initially added my school live account in hopes it would make working between home and school easier. After a while, I found it so
    annoying the issues outweighed the benefits, mainly in the fact I was running out of logins I could easily remember. For some reason, the policy for non-school PC is triple how often you need to reset a school-owned one. Anyways, I disconnected, yet I still
    have the organizational restrictions on my login and consistently have to change everything but my fingerprint, which doesn't always work. Here are the repo steps...

1. Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school.
    2. Click the profile you wish to disconnect and select "Disconnect".
    3. A) Wait for a month or two until it requires pin reset.

B) Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options and click pin or password. Below it will give you a list of organizational restrictions and hold you to them when creating the pin.
    I can live without a fix, but personally i want my school of my laptop since I won't be going there soon anyways.

CFrame, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Work or school account cannot be disconnected

Can't remove a Work or School account from Windows 10

I found I could not delete the work or school account, because it was likely controlled by a domain controller, which I could no longer log onto.

I found the solution below DOES work, as described by the user Pvandamcom2

Steps:

- In Control Panel, User Accounts, select your account

- Select "instead log on with a local account" and follow the steps

- Then logon, go back to accounts, and go to Access to work and school account

- Click Disconnect for the Work or School Account. The work account dissappeared

- Last step, go back and change logon to be with Microsoft Account instead of
    local account

The work account is no longer displayed

Gary in San Diego, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Work or school account cannot be disconnected

1. Work or school account cannot be disconnected - Similar Threads - school account cannot

2. Trying to disconnect a work or school account in "Access Work or School" but it doesn't get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to disconnect a work or school account in "Access Work or School" but it doesn't get...: I was trying to disconnect a work or school account from "Access work or school", but after I press "dicsonnect" button and seying "yes" to the pop-up warning message "Are you sure you wont to remove this account? ... it seems that system doing something and when it finishes...
  3. Trying to disconnect a work or school account in "Access Work or School" but it doesn't get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to disconnect a work or school account in "Access Work or School" but it doesn't get...: I was trying to disconnect a work or school account from "Access work or school", but after I press "dicsonnect" button and seying "yes" to the pop-up warning message "Are you sure you wont to remove this account? ... it seems that system doing something and when it finishes...
  4. Trying to disconnect a work or school account in "Access Work or School" but it doesn't get...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot remove Work/School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove Work/School Account: Hello,I recently left my college and am enrolling for university. I had removed the one drive, office and account details for my old college account from my PC. completely as far as i was aware. Reinstalled office using my university ID because then i can have the free...
  6. Cannot remove Work/School Account

Cannot remove Work/School Account: Hello,I recently left my college and am enrolling for university. I had removed the one drive, office and account details for my old college account from my PC. completely as far as i was aware. Reinstalled office using my university ID because then i can have the free...
  7. Cannot remove Work/School Account

8. Sync not working even with disconnecting school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync not working even with disconnecting school account: So I have a blue Dell Inspiron M5110 from 2011, and I wanted to sync settings and stuff when I get a new computer someday, but then it will say this: Sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this. I've even removed my school account...
  9. Sync not working even with disconnecting school account

Sync not working even with disconnecting school account: So I have a blue Dell Inspiron M5110 from 2011, and I wanted to sync settings and stuff when I get a new computer someday, but then it will say this: Sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this. I've even removed my school account...
  10. Sync not working even with disconnecting school account