Windows 10: Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta)

Discus and support Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every 90 days our organization requires us to reset our password - which in turn requires us to re-authenticate through Okta. Which is to be expected.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BJCates, Nov 8, 2019.

1. BJCates Win User

Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta)

Every 90 days our organization requires us to reset our password - which in turn requires us to re-authenticate through Okta. Which is to be expected. However, this affects the Work/School account which prevents multiple sign in windows when signing on from the same network for each application being accessed. Some users are getting a "Work or School account problem" notification that there is an issue. If they click on the notification they are given a button that is able to fix the issue. Some users are not given this notification at all. We think it could be 1809 vs 1903 related ? ?

The only way to resolve the multiple authentications issue is to remove the work/school and add it back in. My question – is there an easier way to configure the systems - either through AD or powershell scropt, etc...) to more simplify the resolution. It would be nice if, upon password reset, the initial window to automatically appear upon systen restart is to re-authenticate the work/school account. Your thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you.

:)

BJCates, Nov 8, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 8, 2019
  3. AJKari Win User
    Work School account

We have domain joined computers running windows 10.

The office 365 account is synced with AD and the Office account password gets updated from the DC AD

Every 3 month, the password policy requires users to reset their password.

When users reset their password, outlook requests to update the password since it's sync with AD

When entering the new password in outlook, Windows 10 automatically signs in to work school account

When this happens, all microsoft suite products stop working and get stuck in an endless loop of sign in.

When this issue happens, we have to login to every computer and sign out the work school account.

Is there a way to stop this from happening? Can I block the work school sign in?

Number of users: 300

Office license: Business Premium

AJKari, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta)

I can not reset my google password

Two step works for me if your phone info is the same as it was you should be able to recover it.

Brokenarrow, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta)

1. Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta) - Similar Threads - School account problem

2. Missing "Add work or school account"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing "Add work or school account": In Settings, Email and app accounts, under Accounts used by other apps, some computers are missing "Add work or school account". I am trying to figure out what exactly is causing this. Is this a function of a particular Windows 10 version? A function of joining an AD or AAD?...
  3. reset account password

reset account password: I forgot my Microsoft account password. I went through the reset process from account to entering codes to change password and got the screen message your password has been changed, sign in. I have entered five different passwords but each time I try to sign in up comes...
  4. Work or school account problem with One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work or school account problem with One Drive.: Hi, I left University last year but my one drive account is still on my PC, how can i unlink my account when it doesn't exist? I keep getting notifications about it and the One Drive symbol is in file explorer with a red cross on it. Is there any way to get rid of these...
  5. Reset account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset account password: One of my friends changed my Microsoft account password and I know the new password, but I always try to put the old password before I remember to put the new one. I tried changing the password, but the website says I've used that password before, and therefore I can't put it...
  6. Work School account

Work School account: We have domain joined computers running windows 10. The office 365 account is synced with AD and the Office account password gets updated from the DC AD Every 3 month, the password policy requires users to reset their password. When users reset their password, outlook...
  7. password reset problems

password reset problems: Whenever an account sends me a reset password it never arrives in my Hotmail. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/password-reset-problems/911a6ec3-7f58-42c1-929d-2b20575f4205"
  8. school account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    school account: I have never created an account with my school info and its telling me I have an account. how can I find out this account information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/school-account/511d69f2-5de5-48ec-a839-ffec84f5dd2e
  9. Remove unauthorized work or school account

Remove unauthorized work or school account: I am a single consumer user on Windows 10 Pro platform. I subscribe to Office 365 Personal, with a version on my laptop and Android. In Windows settings, System, Shared Experiences it states I have given access to a "Work or school account." I have no work or school account....
  10. Password Reset Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password Reset Problem: When I upgraded one desktop, I must have set a MS password instead of a local account without a password.. Think I ran an auto login program, where I didn't have to use a password. I read that the account could not be changed. I tried logging in as a local account and got...