Windows 10: Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta)

Discus and support Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every 90 days our organization requires us to reset our password - which in turn requires us to re-authenticate through Okta. Which is to be expected.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BJCates, Nov 8, 2019.

1. BJCates Win User

Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta)

Every 90 days our organization requires us to reset our password - which in turn requires us to re-authenticate through Okta. Which is to be expected. However, this affects the Work/School account which prevents multiple sign in windows when signing on from the same network for each application being accessed. Some users are getting a "Work or School account problem" notification that there is an issue. If they click on the notification they are given a button that is able to fix the issue. Some users are not given this notification at all. We think it could be 1809 vs 1903 related ? ?

The only way to resolve the multiple authentications issue is to remove the work/school and add it back in. My question – is there an easier way to configure the systems - either through AD or powershell scropt, etc...) to more simplify the resolution. It would be nice if, upon password reset, the initial window to automatically appear upon systen restart is to re-authenticate the work/school account. Your thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you.

:)

BJCates, Nov 8, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 8, 2019
  3. AJKari Win User
    Work School account

We have domain joined computers running windows 10.

The office 365 account is synced with AD and the Office account password gets updated from the DC AD

Every 3 month, the password policy requires users to reset their password.

When users reset their password, outlook requests to update the password since it's sync with AD

When entering the new password in outlook, Windows 10 automatically signs in to work school account

When this happens, all microsoft suite products stop working and get stuck in an endless loop of sign in.

When this issue happens, we have to login to every computer and sign out the work school account.

Is there a way to stop this from happening? Can I block the work school sign in?

Number of users: 300

Office license: Business Premium

AJKari, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta)

I can not reset my google password

Two step works for me if your phone info is the same as it was you should be able to recover it.

Brokenarrow, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta)

1. Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta) - Similar Threads - School account problem

2. Fix "Work or School account problem"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix "Work or School account problem": Hi,I have a notification on my Personal PC asking me to "Fix Work or School account problem".I previously linked my University account to my PC but I have finished university so my uni account has been deactivated.Ideally I'd like to unlink my uni account from my PC but when...
  3. Fix "Work or School account problem"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix "Work or School account problem": Hi,I have a notification on my Personal PC asking me to "Fix Work or School account problem".I previously linked my University account to my PC but I have finished university so my uni account has been deactivated.Ideally I'd like to unlink my uni account from my PC but when...
  4. Authenticator Problem. School Account. Is there a way to reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator Problem. School Account. Is there a way to reset it?: A year ago, I set up my authenticator app with my school. A few months ago, I got a new phone, and the last one was wiped to be passed down to the next sibling. For the past few months, I have had a problem with accessing the school account on the authenticator. It has a big...
  5. Authenticator Problem. School Account. Is there a way to reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator Problem. School Account. Is there a way to reset it?: A year ago, I set up my authenticator app with my school. A few months ago, I got a new phone, and the last one was wiped to be passed down to the next sibling. For the past few months, I have had a problem with accessing the school account on the authenticator. It has a big...
  6. Screen glitching after "Microsoft Account problem with work or school account"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen glitching after "Microsoft Account problem with work or school account": The computer is only 6 months old. I disabled "shared experiences" I deleted all accounts and created a local account I restarted the computer Everything I read online, there is no fix to this Microsoft problem. What can you do to help?...
  7. Work or School Account problem

Work or School Account problem: Hi, I keep receiving a notification "we need to fix your work or school account" but when I go to sign in it says "can't find that account"? I've logged into my Microsoft account and when selecting my PC "no issues are found" Does anybody here knows what's going on or has...
  8. work or school account problem

work or school account problem: I presume this is the old "we need to fix ..." I am not going to blindly press a button for some artificial idiot software to "fix" a "problem" without a better explanation of what, exactly, the problem is. All other postings about this that I have seen keep asking for how...
  9. constant problems with a work or school account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    constant problems with a work or school account: I have owned my SurfaceGo for 10 months with no problems until a recent update. I have three emails. My personal email account has no problems, but I my work or school emails constantly say there is a problem and it needs to be fixed on my SurfaceGo. I put in my credentials...
  10. Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.: Hello: I had an e-mail address that I had linked to Windows. Since I did not really use it, I deleted the e-mail account. Every day or so, I will get an alert from Windows to fix the account. I go into Settings -> Email & Accounts, and there I find the e-mail address and...