Windows 10: "Work or school account problem" when Windows 10 starts and at random times thereafter

Discus and support "Work or school account problem" when Windows 10 starts and at random times thereafter in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I receive this error popup when restarting the machine and at irregular intervals thereafter. I have Windows 10, and an o365 subscription. When I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by David Styles (Foulkon), Mar 5, 2019.

1. "Work or school account problem" when Windows 10 starts and at random times thereafter

I receive this error popup when restarting the machine and at irregular intervals thereafter.

I have Windows 10, and an o365 subscription.

When I click on the link to fix the problem, I am presented with a list of 3 accounts which have previously logged on to this machine. One is my own, the other two are accounts have borrowed this machine in the past to access their own accounts.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

These accounts won't use this device again but i see no way to remove them from the list.

I have checked credential manager and there are no instances of these accounts listed.

I am unable to manage these other credentials as I do not have contact with the individuals or their organisations

How can I remove these accounts, or fix the issue?

:)

David Styles (Foulkon), Mar 5, 2019

2. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown "Work or school account problem" when Windows 10 starts and at random times thereafter :(

Zakin, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

"Work or school account problem" when Windows 10 starts and at random times thereafter

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

"Work or school account problem" when Windows 10 starts and at random times thereafter

1. "Work or school account problem" when Windows 10 starts and at random times thereafter - Similar Threads - school account problem

2. Fix "Work or School account problem"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix "Work or School account problem": Hi,I have a notification on my Personal PC asking me to "Fix Work or School account problem".I previously linked my University account to my PC but I have finished university so my uni account has been deactivated.Ideally I'd like to unlink my uni account from my PC but when...
  3. Fix "Work or School account problem"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix "Work or School account problem": Hi,I have a notification on my Personal PC asking me to "Fix Work or School account problem".I previously linked my University account to my PC but I have finished university so my uni account has been deactivated.Ideally I'd like to unlink my uni account from my PC but when...
  4. School and work account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    School and work account: I want to remove my school account but I can’t access to setting called access work or school in setting app what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/school-and-work-account/3230000b-1c3b-4e44-847e-385a940a626b
  5. Work or School Account problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Work or School Account problem: Hi, I keep receiving a notification "we need to fix your work or school account" but when I go to sign in it says "can't find that account"? I've logged into my Microsoft account and when selecting my PC "no issues are found" Does anybody here knows what's going on or has...
  6. work or school account problem

work or school account problem: I presume this is the old "we need to fix ..." I am not going to blindly press a button for some artificial idiot software to "fix" a "problem" without a better explanation of what, exactly, the problem is. All other postings about this that I have seen keep asking for how...
  7. constant problems with a work or school account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    constant problems with a work or school account: I have owned my SurfaceGo for 10 months with no problems until a recent update. I have three emails. My personal email account has no problems, but I my work or school emails constantly say there is a problem and it needs to be fixed on my SurfaceGo. I put in my credentials...
  8. Windows 10 school account problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 school account problem: I signed into my pc with my school email and it has required me to change my pin. after signing out under accounts in settings and signing out of Microsoft word it is still requiring me to change my pin. Is there any way to remove this? submitted by /u/Dnave17 [link]...
  9. Work or school account problem with One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work or school account problem with One Drive.: Hi, I left University last year but my one drive account is still on my PC, how can i unlink my account when it doesn't exist? I keep getting notifications about it and the One Drive symbol is in file explorer with a red cross on it. Is there any way to get rid of these...
  10. Work School account

Work School account: We have domain joined computers running windows 10. The office 365 account is synced with AD and the Office account password gets updated from the DC AD Every 3 month, the password policy requires users to reset their password. When users reset their password, outlook...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. work or school account problem windows 10

2. work or school account problem error

3. work or school account problem

4. windows 10 work or school account problem