Windows 10: Work School account

Discus and support Work School account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have domain joined computers running windows 10. The office 365 account is synced with AD and the Office account password gets updated from the DC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AJKari, Oct 26, 2018.

1. AJKari Win User

Work School account

We have domain joined computers running windows 10.

The office 365 account is synced with AD and the Office account password gets updated from the DC AD

Every 3 month, the password policy requires users to reset their password.

When users reset their password, outlook requests to update the password since it's sync with AD

When entering the new password in outlook, Windows 10 automatically signs in to work school account

When this happens, all microsoft suite products stop working and get stuck in an endless loop of sign in.

When this issue happens, we have to login to every computer and sign out the work school account.

Is there a way to stop this from happening? Can I block the work school sign in?

Number of users: 300

Office license: Business Premium

:)

AJKari, Oct 26, 2018

2. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Can't remove a Work or School account from Windows 10

I found I could not delete the work or school account, because it was likely controlled by a domain controller, which I could no longer log onto.

I found the solution below DOES work, as described by the user Pvandamcom2

Steps:

- In Control Panel, User Accounts, select your account

- Select "instead log on with a local account" and follow the steps

- Then logon, go back to accounts, and go to Access to work and school account

- Click Disconnect for the Work or School Account. The work account dissappeared

- Last step, go back and change logon to be with Microsoft Account instead of
    local account

The work account is no longer displayed

Gary in San Diego, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Work School account

Can't add a school account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given methods and check if it works:

Method 1:

This issue may arise due to some file corruption, I suggest you to try running DISM tool and check if it works. To do so, refer the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to try to create a new user account and check if you still face this issue in new user account. To create it perform the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    • Sign out from the current User account and log-in using new User account and check if issue persist.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Work School account

1. Work School account - Similar Threads - School account

2. Windows 10 - How to disable looking for Work or School accounts during login?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - How to disable looking for Work or School accounts during login?: I had to reinstall Windows 10. During reinstall I deleted Microsoft accounts was using the local accounts (for a specific reason). Even though I can login with my previously created local accounts. . Only account I can login without hassle is my local administrator...
  3. Windows 10 school account problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 school account problem: I signed into my pc with my school email and it has required me to change my pin. after signing out under accounts in settings and signing out of Microsoft word it is still requiring me to change my pin. Is there any way to remove this? submitted by /u/Dnave17 [link]...
  4. School Account Sign In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    School Account Sign In: I go to a MSU and as such I have an account from Microsoft that allows me to access onedrive, word, etc. The problem is I have a new laptop that whenever i am prompted for my Microsoft username, says my account doesn't exist. I can still access my onedrive by signing in but...
  5. Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta)

Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta): Every 90 days our organization requires us to reset our password - which in turn requires us to re-authenticate through Okta. Which is to be expected. However, this affects the Work/School account which prevents multiple sign in windows when signing on from the same network...
  6. Microsoft OneDrive and Account Transition from School to Personal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft OneDrive and Account Transition from School to Personal: I have been having difficulty with my OneDrive Account and other computer issues. My previous account was linked to a school account and assumed that account restrictions from that account may be causing the problems. I have been working on transitioning things to a different...
  7. School/Business Account an Administrator on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    School/Business Account an Administrator on Windows 10: I recently got a new laptop to use for college. It's been absolutely perfect with one issue. I had to setup the laptop with my person email/Microsoft account. The issue I'm facing is doing homework or taking notes. I have to switch from my personal account to school account...
  8. Can't seem to remove work or school account from my "Email & Accounts"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't seem to remove work or school account from my "Email & Accounts": I left an organization but, the work or school account that i configured when I was with them seem to be stuck. I don't get the option to disconnect but just manage and then it asks for password, but obviously they locked me when I left and now every now and then i get the...
  9. Photo app: show cloud-only content with onedrive for business (work or school accounts)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app: show cloud-only content with onedrive for business (work or school accounts): Hello, short question: Is there a way to set photo to display cloud-only content when the content is on OneDrive for business. longer explanation of the question: I had to switch between my office365 home subscription to office 365 for business. As a result, I had to...
  10. Cannot sign-in to my school accounts after latest Win10 updates

Cannot sign-in to my school accounts after latest Win10 updates: Thursday night I did the prompted Win10 updates. Yesterday when I attempted to sign into any school related account, including my campus gmail, I get a windows security popup asking for username and password. I get this on Edge and IE. I can sign into anything else that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in without work or school account on windows store