Windows 10: Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use a MS Surface. After a Windows 10 update, my user account profile disappeared. The windows login screen shows user accounts for: defaultuser1 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Celeste Edwards, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update

I use a MS Surface. After a Windows 10 update, my user account profile disappeared. The windows login screen shows user accounts for: defaultuser1 and other user. Neither of those were there before update. I do not have an option to login nor bypass the listed accounts.

Please advise how to restore my user profile to login screen.

:)

Celeste Edwards, Jul 1, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Jul 1, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 1, 2020
  4. DJBenLord Win User

Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update

User profile picture disappeared after rollback

Hello!
    So I updated to Creators Update, but I had some annoying bugs with it, so I rolled back to Anniversary Update. Right after I did that, my profile pic (and my dad's) were gone (look at screenshots).

How can I fix this? It's bugging me real bad.

Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update [​IMG]

DJBenLord, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update

1. Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - User Profile disappeared

2. After rebooting my PC my user profile disappeared.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After rebooting my PC my user profile disappeared.: So I earlier this day I decided to change the status of my user from Administrator to device owner. In the evening I rebooted my computer to update it. After trying to log into my user, it got deleted and I worry there's no way to get it back. I've restarted my computer 6...
  3. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot: Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their device. On closer inspection their recycling bin items have remained, but everything else has disappeared! Including desktop files...
  4. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot: Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their device. On closer inspection their recycling bin items have remained, but everything else has disappeared! Including desktop files...
  5. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Update caused user profiles to disappear.

Windows 10 Update caused user profiles to disappear.: After allowing Windows 10 to update, my original user profiles are gone and I cannot sign in to them. A temporary user profile was created in the process. I found the files for my original profiles but now need to find out how to safely transfer them into a new user profile...
  7. Windows 10 user profile folder in C:\users disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 user profile folder in C:\users disappeared: Hi, I tried to sign in to my local admin account and Windows loaded a temporary user instead of my user. I then tried to locate my user folder in C:\users but it's not showing there even with the hidden files view enabled. I can see in the registry my profile path and...
  8. Corrupt User Profile after Windows 10 1909 Update.

Corrupt User Profile after Windows 10 1909 Update.: I noticed none of my music files were linking with Media Monkey. Upon looking for them I found all the library folders and contents were in a Temp folder. My profile and library folders were originally in Users/Compa. Now they are in Users/Compa.000 which I understand is a...
  9. profile and files disappeared after installing windows 10 update

profile and files disappeared after installing windows 10 update: I restarted my pc (following the instructions that popped up), and then my profile disappeared. I know my files are there (under users), but I do not know how to recover my profile so that I can run all my programs....
  10. User profile picture disappeared after rollback

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User profile picture disappeared after rollback: Hello! So I updated to Creators Update, but I had some annoying bugs with it, so I rolled back to Anniversary Update. Right after I did that, my profile pic (and my dad's) were gone (look at screenshots). How can I fix this? It's bugging me real bad. [img] [img]...