Windows 10: work vpn disconnecting on new pc, but work on old pc just fine

Discus and support work vpn disconnecting on new pc, but work on old pc just fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I am running a 3 year old core i3 pc. I am connecting to my work vpn thru chrome, edge and the vpn connects just fine. Purchased a new amd 14 inch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adam8303, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Adam8303 Win User

work vpn disconnecting on new pc, but work on old pc just fine

So I am running a 3 year old core i3 pc. I am connecting to my work vpn thru chrome, edge and the vpn connects just fine. Purchased a new amd 14 inch pc and fully up to date. I can pull up the vpn and connect, but about 15 mins to 30 mins and then drops. At this point this is the 2nd pc that has done this and if I can not figure this out I will have no choice but to send back like the last one.

Any Ideas?

Thank You

:)

Adam8303, Dec 16, 2020

2. Silent VPN Disconnection

Hi Gary,

The issue you're experiencing with getting a notification whenever the VPN disconnects might be due to misconfiguration of your notification settings. That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Please answer the following
    questions:

• Which VPN app are you using? Are you using the built-in VPN in Windows 10?
    • Are you getting a notification before whenever the VPN is disconnected?
    • What is the OS Build of your Windows 10 device? Click the
      Start button, type About your PC, press
      Enter, and then scroll down to
      Windows specifications to find this information.

For now, we advise reviewing the notification settings of your PC. Follow the steps outlined in this

article
    on how to access the notification settings.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Gary0 Win User
    Silent VPN Disconnection

Hello, Devlin,

Please find my replies to your questions and comments below.

Gary0, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Jez :) Win User

PC works fine, no video signal or power to keyboard and mouse?

Hi, my PC has not been operational for about 2 weeks, and I'm not getting video signal and there is no power to my keyboard and mouse.
    What I have tried to solve the problem:
    • Connected PC speaker
    • Disconnected hard drive
    Please note that all of my components are working I think that this is a software/BIOS problem?
    Specs:
    • Intel Core i5 6600
    • Asus B150M-AD3
    • 8gb DDR3 1333(1x)
    • Gigabyte GTX 780Ti
    Thanks
    EDIT: I have tried removing my CMOS battery, and the same thing happens. Was I meant to short the pins again? Did I do something wrong? Thanks
    Edit 2: I removed the battery, discharged the capacitors and it STILL happens? Is my motherboard dead I really hope this isn't the case *Frown work vpn disconnecting on new pc, but work on old pc just fine :(

Jez :), Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. work vpn disconnecting on new pc, but work on old pc just fine - Similar Threads - vpn disconnecting old

2. How can I use Eudora for email account on new PC. Works fine on old PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I use Eudora for email account on new PC. Works fine on old PC.: I've managed to get Eudora to show as my default Email Account on new PC. When I check for new mail, it asks for my password to proceed. My actual password will not work: It does not match the password shown in Manage Email Account, and does not update to the correct password...
  3. How can I use Eudora for email account on new PC. Works fine on old PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use Eudora for email account on new PC. Works fine on old PC.: I've managed to get Eudora to show as my default Email Account on new PC. When I check for new mail, it asks for my password to proceed. My actual password will not work: It does not match the password shown in Manage Email Account, and does not update to the correct password...
  4. How can I use Eudora for email account on new PC. Works fine on old PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Will my old PC os works on my new PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will my old PC os works on my new PC?: I have a retail version of windows in my old PC. The motherboard board is now dead and not working. I build a new PC and get the SSD. Would the os still work or should i reinstall everything? Will the pk still work if I do that?...
  6. Will my old PC os works on my new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my old PC os works on my new PC?: I have a retail version of windows in my old PC. The motherboard board is now dead and not working. I build a new PC and get the SSD. Would the os still work or should i reinstall everything? Will the pk still work if I do that?...
  7. Will my old PC os works on my new PC?

8. will my old os work on new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    will my old os work on new pc: I have a retail version of windows on my pc, and now its motherboard broke..so if I build a new pc with all new components except the SSD which has the oson my old pc will it work, or do I need to install a clean new os.And one more thing, will the product key work on the new...
  9. will my old os work on new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will my old os work on new pc: I have a retail version of windows on my pc, and now its motherboard broke..so if I build a new pc with all new components except the SSD which has the oson my old pc will it work, or do I need to install a clean new os.And one more thing, will the product key work on the new...
  10. will my old os work on new pc