Windows 10: Workaround for High CPU from Windows Wireless Lan 802.11 Extensibity Framework

Discus and support Workaround for High CPU from Windows Wireless Lan 802.11 Extensibity Framework in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Short version: try a USB-based WiFi adapter. Long version: I recently installed the Fall update for Win10 (intentionally waited) on my HP Envy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by E.Faust-IngenioseCorp, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Workaround for High CPU from Windows Wireless Lan 802.11 Extensibity Framework

Short version: try a USB-based WiFi adapter.

Long version:

I recently installed the Fall update for Win10 (intentionally waited) on my HP Envy laptop (Ryzen-based) and noticed the above-mentioned service was eating up ~20% CPU. This had not shown up in the past, and the solutions I found on this site either do not work or are a temporary fix...e.g. killing the task/process only helps during the current system lifecycle. It's probably a race condition issue and difficult to detect, otherwise why would this bug exist for a few years? (there are posts from 2016 and earlier on this issue)

I had a NetGear, USB WiFi adapter (AC1900/A7000) laying around from another project and gave it a try (disabled the internal WiFi, used the Nighthawk exclusively). No problems at all, network perf seems to be about the same.

I definitely recommend trying the usual methods first (driver updates/etc), but if that doesn't work out and this issue is driving you crazy, try an external adapter. I'm assuming that using the adapter either avoids the race condition or somehow doesn't even tap that extensibility framework blah blah at all....I honestly don't care, and YMMV based on your system config, but for me it just works Workaround for High CPU from Windows Wireless Lan 802.11 Extensibity Framework :)

:)

E.Faust-IngenioseCorp, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Michal ) Win User

Windows Wireless Lan 802.11 Extensibity Framework, while watching videos spikes to use 100% ram and CPU

Having a problem with my Dell xps 13 9350, with the i5 skylake cpu, and 8gb of ram.

When watching videos (streaming/and or local). All of a sudden my video skips for a few seconds (freezing) I started looking at the task manage to see what was going on, and I could see that all of a sudden Windows Wireless Lan 80.11 Extensibility Framework
    would go from using 0% CPU, and .6mb of ram to consuming 100% of my CPU and using 100% of the free ram, after a second or two, it would return to normal, but the problem would comeback a few minutes later.

Michal ), Jan 12, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    windows wireless lan 802.11 extensibility framework using 25% of CPU

Hello,

The reply was already marked as an answer. We suggest trying the troubleshooting steps provided by Pinaki

Mohanty,click
    here

If it fails, we recommend checking resolve network connection issues
    here

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jan 12, 2019
  4. 8o8state Win User

Workaround for High CPU from Windows Wireless Lan 802.11 Extensibity Framework

wlanext.exe Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework on Windows 10 causes slowdowns of the system by using up to 90% of the RAM

Have you found a solution to this yet?

I'm using Dell XPS 13 with 8GB ram experiencing the same problem. Since I bought the PC with Windows 10, I've experienced this issue along with another issue that occurs at the *same time* for me - System and Compressed Memory Service High CPU Usage

I recent post from someone on that latter thread found a partial solution indicated here - What is the cause of a high CPU usage of 'system and compressed memory' in Windows 10?

that appeared to solve my issue with "System and compressed memory" service running high CPU and crazy RAM usage spikes, similar to what we're experiencing with "windows wireless lan 802.11 extensibility framework" service.

But I still can't solve this issue with the windows wireless lan framework service.... arghhh.

8o8state, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Workaround for High CPU from Windows Wireless Lan 802.11 Extensibity Framework

1. Workaround for High CPU from Windows Wireless Lan 802.11 Extensibity Framework - Similar Threads - Workaround High CPU

2. Windows 11 high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 high CPU usage: Hello so I have been having a major problem with Windows 11 since it's released a couple of month ago and to my surprise it frequently gave me a blue-green error every time I open something or playing a game And to top it all of the 99% to 100% CPU usage since I departed from...
  3. Windows 11 high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 high CPU usage: Hello so I have been having a major problem with Windows 11 since it's released a couple of month ago and to my surprise it frequently gave me a blue-green error every time I open something or playing a game And to top it all of the 99% to 100% CPU usage since I departed from...
  4. What is Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework and why is it using 25% of my CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework and why is it using 25% of my CPU: I have recently opened up task manager to see what is slowing down my PC and have noticed that Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework is taking up 25% of my CPU, what is this, what happens if i end task for it, and also is there any way to make it use less CPUI...
  5. What is Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework and why is it using 25% of my CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework and why is it using 25% of my CPU: I have recently opened up task manager to see what is slowing down my PC and have noticed that Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework is taking up 25% of my CPU, what is this, what happens if i end task for it, and also is there any way to make it use less CPUI...
  6. What is Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework and why is it using 25% of my CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework: Hello, so I recently upgraded my computer a few months ago and ever since I began to experience issues such as crashes/restarts randomly occurring. At first these would only happen when I played certain games but recently my computer has started to restart even when just...
  8. windows wireless lan 802.11 extensibility framework tak,ing cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows wireless lan 802.11 extensibility framework tak,ing cpu: how do I close that its taking so much cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wireless-lan-80211-extensibility-framework/d42351a2-1133-4a40-a4b2-c430d252430f
  9. Wireless Lan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless Lan: My son accidently deleted or uninstalled Realtek 8821AE Wireless Lan 802.11ac PCI-E NIC from our lenovo pc. Windows 10 system. Now we can not connect to wireless. Is this repairable or do I have to purchase a wireless adaptor now? He also deleted the bluetooth function....
  10. Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter: hi, My asus t200 transformer book has the Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter. Recently, my PC started having serious issues with connecting to public wifi. Everytime I try, my PC says my wireless adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wireless lan 802.11 extensibility framework

2. windows wireless lan 802.11 high cpu

3. windows wireless lan high cpu

4. wlanext.exe Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework,
  5. windows wireless lan 802.11,
  6. windows wireless lan extensibility framework high cpu,
  7. windows wireless lan extensibility framework,
  8. windows wireless lan 802.11 extensibility cpu,
  9. Nord VPN high Lan 802.11 extensibility framework CPU usage,
  10. wlanext.exe Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework high cpu,
  11. wlanext.exe Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework cpu,