Windows 10: Workaround for missing parts in games downloaded with Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Discus and support Workaround for missing parts in games downloaded with Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass for PC) in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, so recently I brought the Gamepass for PC for two months to play some of the offered games like Kingdom Come: Deliverance or Prey.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by l1ght96, Sep 19, 2019.

1. l1ght96 Win User

Workaround for missing parts in games downloaded with Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Hello,

so recently I brought the Gamepass for PC for two months to play some of the offered games like Kingdom Come: Deliverance or Prey.

Unfortunately, in both games I had strange bugs. For example, after the first few missions in Kingdom Come a huge cut scene was missing and after that many sounds were non-existent (like the voices of the NPCs).

In Prey the area outside the station was not available.

The Microsoft Store seems to have a feature to download only a part of the game (e.g. 65% for Prey) so you can already play it while the rest and less important parts of this game gets downloaded in the background. Origin and Uplay offer a similar feature.

The problem is, as soon as the download hits the 65% it stops and the Microsoft Store reports that the download is done and that you can play the game. Unfortunately, the other 35% of the game are still missing and do not get downloaded, leading to the bugs mentioned earlier (for the Microsoft Store, the game is fully downloaded).

Workaround:

First of all, download and install the Xbox Beta App. You can find it here: https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/xbox-app

Then open the Apps & Features System Settings. Here you can search for the game.

Click the game once and hit “Advanced options”:

Workaround for missing parts in games downloaded with Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass for PC) cf52b041-5526-4de0-9abb-6f256cf9b054?upload=true.png

Here you click on “Repair”. After that on “Reset”:

Workaround for missing parts in games downloaded with Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass for PC) 0efed4e7-993d-42ab-b962-0abf66aba4aa?upload=true.png

Now you have to open the Xbox Beta App you downloaded and installed earlier. Select the game that causes problems and click on install again. Chose the same install path like before.

Finally, the download of the missing parts should start:

Workaround for missing parts in games downloaded with Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass for PC) 416ac1f2-be96-4980-8140-f0fba71c31a3?upload=true.png

I hope this workaround helps you or other people facing similar problems.

:)

l1ght96, Sep 19, 2019

2. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta).
    Surely if I have paid £7.99 for the Microsoft store version I should get access to the Beta version? They are both called 'Xbox game pass'. Any help?

Drummeruk2142, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 19, 2019
  4. Workaround for missing parts in games downloaded with Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Xbox Game Pass for PC app and Killer Instinct

Today I signed up for the new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Upon installing the Xbox Game Pass for PC app on my system, I was pleased to discover that it automatically found 3 of the 4 Microsoft games that I purchased from the MS Store and currently
    have installed: ReCore, State of Decay 2, and Sea of Thieves. These 3 games are displayed neatly on the sidebar of the app.

However, the app did not find Killer Instinct. I assume this is because the game is free-to-play and not listed on the Game Pass. So is there any way to manually add it to the sidebar along with the other Microsoft/Xbox games? If not, could the powers-that-be
    add it to the Game Pass?

Thanks

teh ninjaneer, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Workaround for missing parts in games downloaded with Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass for PC)

1. Workaround for missing parts in games downloaded with Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass for PC) - Similar Threads - Workaround missing parts

2. Is there a Microsoft Store workaround for downloading a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a Microsoft Store workaround for downloading a game?: I want to download Chess Titans and MS store has proven useless.Many have asked me for information already provided in illustrations below, so please review all of it.Thank you`Several years back a glitch occurred that deleted/destroyed Microsoft store on my desktop Pc.Since...
  3. Is there a Microsoft Store workaround for downloading a game?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is there a Microsoft Store workaround for downloading a game?: I want to download Chess Titans and MS store has proven useless.Many have asked me for information already provided in illustrations below, so please review all of it.Thank you`Several years back a glitch occurred that deleted/destroyed Microsoft store on my desktop Pc.Since...
  4. Is there a Microsoft Store workaround for downloading a game?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot download games from Xbox game pass and Microsoft store onto pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download games from Xbox game pass and Microsoft store onto pc: On my pc, I cannot download games from game pass and Microsoft store. Gaming service is causing this. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-games-from-xbox-game-pass-and/76a7d8c6-0d4c-4c9c-b87d-f2a6505a3a0b
  6. Cannot download games from Xbox game pass and Microsoft store onto pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download games from Xbox game pass and Microsoft store onto pc: On my pc, I cannot download games from game pass and Microsoft store. Gaming service is causing this. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-games-from-xbox-game-pass-and/76a7d8c6-0d4c-4c9c-b87d-f2a6505a3a0b
  7. PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass: I keep getting an error for my PC Game Pass saying that im encountering an error for installing my game pass games. Error Code Ox 00000001. Im paid up on my subscription, i can play the games on my xbox. But i cant get past this error to install on my PC and the error cant be...
  8. Microsoft store and xbox game pass

Microsoft store and xbox game pass: Both my xbox game pass and microsoft store wont download certain things for example i tried downloading minecraft dungeons on the xgp and it said pending and came up with an error and then i tried downloading it from the microsoft store and an error came up with "something...
  9. Xbox Game Pass for PC beta keeps deleting part downloaded games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Pass for PC beta keeps deleting part downloaded games: I have just lost 10gb of a download for Metro Exodus on the game pass for PC beta, from 11.6gb to 1.6gb, its not the first time either but it seems to happen with certain games as well, gears 5 where it deleted 40GB!. The other thing that makes it worse is that I already have...
  10. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta): So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta). Surely if I have paid...