Windows 10: Workaround for UAC/EnableLua trick?

Discus and support Workaround for UAC/EnableLua trick? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone here managed to figure out a workaround to the UAC/EnableLua trick that helped me to get Windows 8.1 to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LovingWindows, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Workaround for UAC/EnableLua trick?

Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone here managed to figure out a workaround to the UAC/EnableLua trick that helped me to get Windows 8.1 to understand that I wanted uninterupted admin priveledges 24/7 and I was still able to use most Windows apps (like Photo Viewer).

I've successfully done the same thing with Windows 10, but I am now prevented from opening the Windows 10 photo viewer as well as some other things.

Setting EnableLua in the registry from 0 back to 1 solves this, but things like command prompt and PowerShell no longer open as administrator by default.

:)

LovingWindows, Aug 20, 2015
  2. MainSoft Win User

Mouse and Keyboard inoperant when trying to restore disk image

By the way, I have disabled UAC (not completely - the EnableLUA value in the registry is still set to 1). Is that important ?

MainSoft, Aug 20, 2015
  3. You have been denied permission to access this folder when editing a folder property

Try to disable temporary UAC by
    changing the DWORD "EnableLUA" from 1 to 0 in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system".

Restart computer and try again to change permission.

Alexander Galkin, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

Workaround for UAC/EnableLua trick?

1. Workaround for UAC/EnableLua trick? - Similar Threads - Workaround UAC EnableLua

2. Regedit workaround

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regedit workaround: Hi,I have a Microsoft registry key workaround to re-enable copying meeting events from one Outlook calendar to another see below. However, can someone tell me how to implement the workaround using regedit? WORKAROUND Use this registry key to re-enable copying meetings:...
  3. Regedit workaround

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regedit workaround: Hi,I have a Microsoft registry key workaround to re-enable copying meeting events from one Outlook calendar to another see below. However, can someone tell me how to implement the workaround using regedit? WORKAROUND Use this registry key to re-enable copying meetings:...
  4. Firewalls tips&Tricks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewalls tips&Tricks: Hello community here, What's recommended tips and tricks of Windows built-in Firewalls? what should ON or OFF? I wanna know right configs and make it more secure to harden traffics and kinds of threats? Or to suggest me good guides of it. I am afraid to change something...
  5. EnableLUA=0 is not the same as "Never notify" in UAC settings - What's the difference ?

EnableLUA=0 is not the same as "Never notify" in UAC settings - What's the difference ?: Hi, Obviously, setting HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System | EnableLUA to 0 is not the same as selecting Never notify in the UAC settings. I have a severe problem with this (applications misbehaving when EnableLUA is set to 0) and I'd like to know...
  6. Disable UAC prompt per-program. (Without shortcut workarounds).

Disable UAC prompt per-program. (Without shortcut workarounds).: I can't seem to find any obvious or official way to disable UAC prompts per-program. I use VNC for work almost daily and those prompts just lock you right out with no recourse. Worse still is that the window doesn't always focus by default so you can't always shuffle the...
  7. 1809 and "EnableLua 0" conflict. with vertical sync enabled

1809 and "EnableLua 0" conflict. with vertical sync enabled: 1809 windows 10 update have a problem when disabling "run all administrator with admin approval mode" which making a conflict specially when disabling vertical sync, this conflict make my mouse beeping and freezing all the time in some old games like half life 1. the...
  8. Big disappearing trick!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big disappearing trick!: I seem to be in a period of annoying quirks at the moment - the latest is the partial disappearance of 'background apps' in the privacy folder within settings. I had intended to turn off edge, but there are only two items on the list. My other Win 10 machines have full lists...
  9. Disappearing trick !!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing trick !!!!!: Hi everyone = I'm still very much a newbie to windows 10, and am slowly finding my way around, and if I am honest quite like it. HOWEVER.......... Now running into problems. Today I find that when I click on 'Edge' it loads, then promptly disappears. When I click on...
  10. Tips & Tricks

in Windows 10 Support
    Tips & Tricks: Post any tips, tricks, or workarounds here. How to use Windows 10 Technical Preview PC Start Search Cortana Apps Photos File Explorer Maps Xbox Personalization and settings Touch and keyboard Updates and feedback Windows Keyboard shortcuts (there's probably a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change uac virtualization windows 10