Windows 10: Workarounds for TLS Failures, Timeouts in Windows systems

Discus and support Workarounds for TLS Failures, Timeouts in Windows systems in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We have talked about the TLS handshake, and how it can fail. We also marked that a lot of TLS failures had happened because Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 8, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Workarounds for TLS Failures, Timeouts in Windows systems

WinClub, Nov 8, 2019
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Callender Win User
    Intermittent problems with TLS handshake and being timed out

Check DNS settings for both network adapters. Your Wifi might be set to use a different DNS server.

Getting message when trying to connect - Windows 10 Forums

Option Two follow steps then pick a DNS server from the list in item 7. Personally I use CloudFlare DNS

EDIT: Reset router first as already suggested.

Callender, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Workarounds for TLS Failures, Timeouts in Windows systems

TLS security setting

We appreciate your response and the confirmation. To troubleshoot, we suggest the following steps:

• In the Windows Search bar, type Internet Options.
    • Open the app and got to the Advanced tab.
    • In the Security section, scroll down and add a checkmark to the following:
      Use SSL 3.0

Use TLS 1.0

Use TLS 1.1

Use TLS 1.2
    • After adding a checkmark, click on Apply then OK
      to save changes.

Give us an update about how it went so we can provide additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Workarounds for TLS Failures, Timeouts in Windows systems

1. Workarounds for TLS Failures, Timeouts in Windows systems - Similar Threads - Workarounds TLS Failures

2. Is there a workaround for KB5034441 install failure that doesn't require partition...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a workaround for KB5034441 install failure that doesn't require partition...: We know about the failure of KB5034441, and the recent recommendations to modify a partition as a workaround. As an old school practitioner since 3.1 came on floppies, and having crashed many a hard disk, modifying a partition seems rather extreme for an update workaround,...
  3. Is there a workaround for KB5034441 install failure that doesn't require partition...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a workaround for KB5034441 install failure that doesn't require partition...: We know about the failure of KB5034441, and the recent recommendations to modify a partition as a workaround. As an old school practitioner since 3.1 came on floppies, and having crashed many a hard disk, modifying a partition seems rather extreme for an update workaround,...
  4. Is there a workaround for KB5034441 install failure that doesn't require partition...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System failure: I deleted C:\WINDOWS\System32\Srt\SrtTrail.txt and after I deleted I shut off my computer and then this pops upi cant figure out how to fix it wondering if anyone can help me....
  6. System Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Failure: Hello Microsoft, I need a little help here,I mistakenly removed the d3d11.dll file from c://windows/system32/ and now my laptop shows the windows symbol when turned on and then a black screen is displayed, I am not able to do anything or see anything on my screen, what should...
  7. System failure

System failure: It is been a week, since my laptop facing trouble to even get opened. Every time the try opening it shows that your harddisk has not been installed, then suddenly gets switched off. Sometimes it shows to be "Repairing the disk errors. This might take an hour to complete"....
  8. TLS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TLS: Running WIN 10 and VIASAT Browser- Continually get messages with suggestions as to what the problem is when trying to connect to the internet. However, there are no instructions on how to change TLS to default setting....
  9. Workaround For "Unattended Wakeup" Sleep Timeout Bug Now Also Bugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Workaround For "Unattended Wakeup" Sleep Timeout Bug Now Also Bugged: There has been a bug in Windows sleep that has existed in both Windows 10 and in previous versions. When Windows wakes from sleep, on some machines it sees the wake event as a remote wakeup event. The result is that the normal power settings are completely ignored, and a...
  10. System Failure

System Failure: Made Chrome as default browser. Shortly after Windows freezes on opening Chrome. NithNot is working thereafter. Mouse not working not are the laptop keys. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-failure/d5507221-163a-4fdf-82a5-834b022c9186

Users found this page by searching for:

1. workaround for ssl on regedit for win-10