Windows 10: Workbook Link support coming to Excel for the web

Discus and support Workbook Link support coming to Excel for the web in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When collecting data from multiple workbooks, it’s often desirable to link directly to the data. Why? It provides a record of where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Workbook Link support coming to Excel for the web

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...b/ba-p/1590314

:)

Brink, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...b/ba-p/1590314

Brink, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Are these supported features in Excel on WP8?

I've not seen a specific list for supported features. I might suggest that you just test out a sample scenario to see if it does work.

Excel Mobile doesn't support all the features and functions that are found in Microsoft Excel 2010. If a workbook has content that's not supported, you can still open the workbook. The unsupported content won't be displayed though, and you might not
    be able to edit the workbook on your phone. If a function isn't supported, the calculated value still appears in the cell, but you can't edit the workbook on your phone.

Clearly not all features are supported so you need to test it out.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 19, 2020
  4. AEOUserID Win User

Excel Taskbar Icon not showing pinned workbooks

The Office 365 Excel Taskbar icon will not show list of pinned workbooks. I have to open Excel and then select from pinned workbooks.

The windows update assistant was used to do an update install, keep programs and files.

Win10 x64 version 1909 (OS build 18262.657)

AEOUserID, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Workbook Link support coming to Excel for the web - Similar Threads - Workbook Link support

2. Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password: We use Windows 11 on our desktops. Our office switched to 365 a few months ago. Ever since then, we cannot save an Excel workbook using the password while all other users are in read only. No other staff has the password. The error message just says "Document Not Saved." I am...
  3. Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password: We use Windows 11 on our desktops. Our office switched to 365 a few months ago. Ever since then, we cannot save an Excel workbook using the password while all other users are in read only. No other staff has the password. The error message just says "Document Not Saved." I am...
  4. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.: When hovering over the Excel icon in the toolbar, the workbook I have restored down appears as a thin box. However, I cannot locate the restored down workbook to resize it. It is not visible anywhere on the desktop. After hovering over the toolbar icon, I can right-click the...
  5. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.: When hovering over the Excel icon in the toolbar, the workbook I have restored down appears as a thin box. However, I cannot locate the restored down workbook to resize it. It is not visible anywhere on the desktop. After hovering over the toolbar icon, I can right-click the...
  6. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. EXCEL - SHARING OF A WORKBOOK WITH MULTI USERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXCEL - SHARING OF A WORKBOOK WITH MULTI USERS: I have created a master workbook and need to share this with multiple users. Each user only needs to see the columns and rows applicable to them other users info must be hidden and I then need to merge these files so that all the information pulls through to my master...
  8. Use Excel workbooks on multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use Excel workbooks on multiple desktops: Hello! The problem I’m having is I want to use 2 desktops with a different excel workbook in each desktop. When I open an excel workbook in desktop 2, my computer switches to desktop 1 and opens the excel workbook there with the already existing workbook. This is annoying....
  9. excel workbook replaced by internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    excel workbook replaced by internet explorer: excel workbook replaced by internet explorer not by my doing how can I get excel workbook back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-workbook-replaced-by-internet-explorer/583e1693-8cfe-4346-a66a-cb92733923d3"
  10. Microsoft Excel Workbook on Different PC's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Excel Workbook on Different PC's: We have a shared excel spreadsheet master that when opened appears correct on my PC. There is a formula IF cell D1 = A, E1 =25, IF cell D1 = B, E1 = 30, IF cell D1 = C, E1 = 35. Cell D1 has a drop down box and when the spreadsheet is opened default is set to A so E1 reads...