Windows 10: Workgroup access

Discus and support Workgroup access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My desktop running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 connects to router via Ethernet. My laptop running Windows 10 Home 20H2 connects to router via WiFi. Both have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VictorLong, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Workgroup access

My desktop running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 connects to router via Ethernet.

My laptop running Windows 10 Home 20H2 connects to router via WiFi.

Both have been moved to the same novel workgroup name.

On "This PC" under "Network", the laptop can see the desktop, but the desktop cannot see the laptop.

What need I do?

:)

VictorLong, Mar 24, 2021
  2. rtcary Win User

After KB4058043, cannot access workgroup

Everything was working until I installed KB4058043. I do not know if that was a coincidence or not, but after the reboot, I cannot access any of the computers on my workgroup. I do use Kaspersky anti-virus (reinstalled it just in case).

I do see this:

Workgroup access [​IMG]

Internet is working on all of the computers.

Suggestions?

Todd

rtcary, Mar 24, 2021
  3. oemSoft Win User
    Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

For window 7, HomeUsers workgroup is available for selection, but HomeUsers is not available for window 10.

I would like to know on which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers as shown below

Window 10 only offer following workgroup selection.

• Administrators
    • Device owners
    • Distributed COM Users
    • Event Log Readers
    • Guests
    • Hyper-V Administrators
    • IIS_USRS
    • Performance Log Users
    • Performance Monitor users
    • Remote Management Users
    • System Managed Accounts group
    • Users

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Mar 24, 2021
  4. oemSoft Win User

Workgroup access

Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

Win+R type control userpasswords2, when you create new user accounts, you can assign workgroup as shown below:

Window 10 only offer following workgroup selection.

• Administrators
    • Device owners
    • Distributed COM Users
    • Event Log Readers
    • Guests
    • Hyper-V Administrators
    • IIS_USRS
    • Performance Log Users
    • Performance Monitor users
    • Remote Management Users
    • System Managed Accounts group
    • Users

Do you have any suggestions on which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers as shown above?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

oemSoft, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Workgroup access

1. Workgroup access - Similar Threads - Workgroup access

2. Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC: Hi, I have problem to access a file share with the local user credential from a domain joined PC. I map the file share through network drive and select different user the login prompt shows up but the credential never get pass. Is it anything wrong that I do?...
  3. Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC: Hi, I have problem to access a file share with the local user credential from a domain joined PC. I map the file share through network drive and select different user the login prompt shows up but the credential never get pass. Is it anything wrong that I do?...
  4. Windows 10 service account localSystem access to shared folder in workgroup, not in domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 service account localSystem access to shared folder in workgroup, not in domain: I don't have problem giving LocalSystem account default for windows services access to domain shared folders. My most customers are small shops, and they use workgroups; few computers connected to router/wifi same network etc. Setting up a shared folder for users on...
  5. Windows 10 service account localSystem access to shared folder in workgroup, not in domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 service account localSystem access to shared folder in workgroup, not in domain: I don't have problem giving LocalSystem account default for windows services access to domain shared folders. My most customers are small shops, and they use workgroups; few computers connected to router/wifi same network etc. Setting up a shared folder for users on...
  6. Windows 10 service account localSystem access to shared folder in workgroup, not in domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Workgroup PCs using network printers getting Access Denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workgroup PCs using network printers getting Access Denied: Hi all, I have a network that is a workgroup with a 2019 File and Print Server. I am having all kinds of weird issues. I can add printers to the PCs in most cases without issue and they connect and can print, but then after a day or so all of the printers connected via the...
  8. Unable to access devices in my workgroup thru Explorer after 20H2 update.

Unable to access devices in my workgroup thru Explorer after 20H2 update.: The names of the PCs & NAS on my network appear very slowly in the Windows Explorer, but when I click one of them or any mapping to them, I got the following Message I'm french and using a french version of Windows: [ATTACH] Pings answer OK, Internet & NAS reachable thru...
  9. My computer can see a workgroup computer but not access its files. It can both see and...

My computer can see a workgroup computer but not access its files. It can both see and...: I have a home LAN with 3 Win10 computers all version 1909. 2 of the 3 can access files on all 3; the other one can see all 3 but cannot access files on one of them. When it tries to do that the error is 80070035 'network path not found'. All 3 computers are set up...
  10. Accessing files on Workgroup on Win10 PCs

Accessing files on Workgroup on Win10 PCs: This was simple with Homegroups!!! Now, I am trying to access folders on three machines (on Dell, two Surfaces all running Win10). I have set up the advanced sharing settings to share all and not require a password. All 3 C: drives are selected for sharing. I have been all...