Windows 10: Workgroup error, connecting and visibility issue

Discus and support Workgroup error, connecting and visibility issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have 3 computers all wired through same router and all have the same network set up. All 3 run Windows 10 home All have public network All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidHarrison85, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Workgroup error, connecting and visibility issue

Hi,

I have 3 computers all wired through same router and all have the same network set up.

All 3 run Windows 10 home

All have public network

All have network discovery on

All have file and printer sharing on

All use 128 Encryption (as recommended)

All have password protected sharing off.

My computer (a) has a client file set up in public documents. This is shared and has desktop shortcuts to all three.

Computer (b) connects to the folder no problem and never has issues connecting.

Computer (c) has intermittent access to the folder. If inactive for even a short period of time, it will not access and has to restart. Usually fixes the problem but not always.

Computer (b) and (c) can only view computer (a) under Networks. Their own computer does not show up.

Computer (a) shows all three computers under network.

Main issue is getting (b) to keep the connection. I assume I have something wrong with the set up on b and c.

Many thanks in advance.

:)

DavidHarrison85, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Switch from Homegroup to Workgroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      System.

• Click on Advanced System settings.

• Under Computer Name tab click on
      change.

• Under “Member Of” change the Workgroup name

• Then click on OK, then when prompted
      reboot your device.

And also refer the article given below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/join-or-create-a-workgroup

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Windows 10 File Sharing on Workgroup Network

To assist you better, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages while trying to set up the workgroup?
    • Is this the first time you're having issues with setting up the workgroup?
    • Could you describe to us what happens when your trying to set up the workgroup?

We look forward to your response.

Rey Bel1, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Workgroup error, connecting and visibility issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Workgroup error, connecting and visibility issue

1. Workgroup error, connecting and visibility issue - Similar Threads - Workgroup error connecting

2. Workgroup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workgroup Issue: I am replacing our "central" PC for my small office where we all store data in central location. We are a small office and just utilize the workgroup functionality for access. In the old setup, this worked great. If you were not part of the workgroup, you didn't see the...
  3. Workgroup Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Workgroup Issue: I am replacing our "central" PC for my small office where we all store data in central location. We are a small office and just utilize the workgroup functionality for access. In the old setup, this worked great. If you were not part of the workgroup, you didn't see the...
  4. Wifi Connections are not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Connections are not visible: After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I am facing issue of wifi invisibility. Wifi connections are not visible or system does not auto connect to wifi. It is happening in 2 cases. 1. Computer becomes active after sleep.2. Computer is turned on from hibernate.I tried...
  5. Wifi Connections are not visible

Wifi Connections are not visible: After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I am facing issue of wifi invisibility. Wifi connections are not visible or system does not auto connect to wifi. It is happening in 2 cases. 1. Computer becomes active after sleep.2. Computer is turned on from hibernate.I tried...
  6. Workgroups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroups: how do I unjoin from a workgroup ? Somehow I am in a workgroup that I never recall joining and it is causing me problems. what can I do to remove my desktop from a workgroup?...
  7. Printer Connectivity and Workgroup name change.

Printer Connectivity and Workgroup name change.: I want to change the workgroup name of my laptop by the tab for changing network if appears grey. I tried doing certain things changing driver settings and all but to no avail. Also I installed a new printer driver through DVD and it's only running when connected through wire...
  8. workgroup

workgroup: How do I setup a workgroup in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/workgroup/549ade62-03ff-435f-b64a-a53c87d620ee
  9. Workgroup connection problem

Workgroup connection problem: Hello, I use 2 computers at home, both connected with LAN. They both run windows 10 v1803 In the past(2 months ago) it was no problem to share files in explorer in the Downloads map with the 2 computers . Both have the same workgroup name. When i connect in explorer...
  10. workgroup

workgroup: From a windows 10, Having trouble creating a workgroup with a windows 7. Bill https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/workgroup/5d5266c5-b447-4fe7-8324-104e5328d3d0