Windows 10: Workgroup group policies.

Discus and support Workgroup group policies. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello gents and ladies, I am setting up a little work group at home between my laptop and desktop. and for the most part i have gotten it down pat.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by darkschneider94, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Workgroup group policies.

hello gents and ladies,

I am setting up a little work group at home between my laptop and desktop. and for the most part i have gotten it down pat. I know ultimatey I would need Active Directory. But what I want to know is if there is a way to set any group permission within the workgroup.

I setup access to one of my hard drive that has programs, doc, videos, music.
    What I would like to do it make it so i could edit names or documents but I would not be able to delete anything.

:)

darkschneider94, Nov 27, 2015

2. Windows defender

when i open windows defender it sais not able to open because of group policies but i never went into a group but when i go to groups im in the group workgroup and how do i step out? and how can i use windows defender again?

Sandertenbrinke, Nov 27, 2015
  3. How to add custom logo at login

We would ask some follow up questions to know more about the issue:

• Are you using an admin account to change the image in a user account?
    • Are you trying to change the pictures on multiple computers that are part of a domain or workgroup?

You can follow these steps to resolve your issue in changing the log for multiple computer:

• Start the Group Policy Management console (gpmc.msc).
    • Open the Group Policy Object that will have the policy set in the Group Policy Management Editor.
    • Navigate to Computer Configuration, Policies, Administrative Template, Control Panel, User Accounts.
    • Double-click Apply the default user logon picture to all users and click Enabled, then click OK.
    • Close the Group Policy Editor.

We hope this helps.

Kristine Som, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

Workgroup group policies.

1. Workgroup group policies. - Similar Threads - Workgroup group policies

2. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  3. group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  4. Group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group policy: Event viewer error.Current job count for user KEN\kenst 60 is equal to or greater than job limit 50 specified through group policy.Increase per user, per computer through group policy.Tried search on internet, but no help.Can anyone tell me how to do this, simply, please?...
  5. group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy: On a fresh pc build the group policy list is enormous... none on my local pc with search function. Does this all look normal? No other pc on network atm. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/8b616836-4026-4a72-ab9d-deb040529ec1
  6. group policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    group policy: On a fresh pc build the group policy list is enormous... none on my local pc with search function. Does this all look normal? No other pc on network atm. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/8b616836-4026-4a72-ab9d-deb040529ec1
  7. group policy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    group policy: I'm using windows 10, I tried used driver hub to update the device drivers on my pc. however, afterwards, the usb keyboard driver I was using stopped working. I checked devices, and it said it blocked the usb driver due to group policy. I tried several things like going into...
  8. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy: Hello, I am trying to update/alter a group policy for my work network (20,000 endpoints) remotely through a distribution platform (BigFix). When I have tried to change GP through the registry it gets overwritten. What would be the easiest way to change GP on all endpoints...
  9. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Group Policy: A user accidentally moved a group of domain computers out of the tree. In the mean time users started logging in. During this time the Group Policy was being pushed, but no users received it. Once the computers group was placed back in the tree and gpupdate enforced, all...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965