Windows 10: Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts

Discus and support Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a small workgroup (not homegroup) network setup with four PCs. Two are Win10 Pro, two are Win7 Pro. Each PC is used by one person and therefore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pmokover, Sep 26, 2015.

1. pmokover Win User

Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts

I have a small workgroup (not homegroup) network setup with four PCs. Two are Win10 Pro, two are Win7 Pro. Each PC is used by one person and therefore has one user account. I have assigned permissions so that each PC can access the desired folders on the others. Everything is working well.

I am about to connect an additional PC to this network. Two people will share this PC so it has two user accounts. Let’s call them User1 and User2.

How do I set things up so that User 1 has access to certain folders on the other four PCs but User2 has access to a different list of folders on the other four PCs? I’ve never had to deal with a PC that has multiple user accounts before and I’m not sure how to handle network permissions in that situation.

Thanks.
    Peter

:)

pmokover, Sep 26, 2015
  2. Daanco17 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Homegroup Problem - Not Joined Anymore or Not Recognizing Homegroup

Solution for multiple network pcs all on the same workgroup that can no longer see each other. In the event of only one pc, add another pc to the same wireless or wired network.

Goto one of these pcs that was not the original workgroup pc and give it a new workgroup name. Then change all the other network pcs and other media to this new workgroup. Reshare all network drives.

Daanco17, Sep 26, 2015
  3. When updating Windows 1703 to 1709 the computer account name gets changed and the computer louses domain connection.

Could be a bug unique to the 1709 upgrade. Users in workgroup mode were reporting issues with multiple accounts created, some temporary profiles after upgrading with their machine name amended. Are you seeing a similar case?

Open C:\Users then look for any other accounts that might there other than your Domain account.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 26, 2015
Thema:

Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts

1. Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts - Similar Threads - Workgroup Network Multiple

2. Multiple user accounts need to delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple user accounts need to delete: I'm helping a friend, who knows nothing about computers, set up their new Win 10 machine. I'll spare the details as to how I did it, but there are now several user accounts, including two administrator ones in my name. I want to delete ALL user accounts and start fresh with...
  3. One pc multiple user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One pc multiple user accounts: Sorry it's so long, I wanted to explain everything, I use both Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive as backup for all of my computers. but recently my son asked to borrow my laptop, I said yes, he went in my office and just closed the lid, he did not see the earbuds laying...
  4. multiple user accounts on sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    multiple user accounts on sign in screen: I just purchased a refurbished Dell 5050 with Windows 10 Pro. It shows 3 accounts on sign in screen even though only one account shows in Local Users & Groups (which is the correct one I set up after Windows started). 2 of the accounts have the same correct name and 1 has the...
  5. Small Network/Workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small Network/Workgroup: How di I create \Windows 10network at my office to share files, printer and internet access between 2 or more laptops running Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-networkworkgroup/352296a6-51d4-43fc-b293-0b50ec215846
  6. Network/Workgroup Sharing

Network/Workgroup Sharing: Sirs: I have two computers set up to use the same Workgroup. When I try to connect from one computer to the other. I get a message "You do not have permission to access (the shared directory)" on the other computer. I enabled all sharing and permissions that I can find...
  7. Local vs Network user accounts

Local vs Network user accounts: I bought a Windows 10 Surface laptop recently from the Microsoft store. The clerk at the store helped me set it up and insisted that I create a network login account which would require that I use my email account to login. The reason she gave was that if my computer ever...
  8. Hello: same user, multiple accounts?

Hello: same user, multiple accounts?: I use Windows Hello to log into multiple accounts (Work, Home, etc.) When I turn on the computer it automatically tries to log me into Work. Can I stop it from choosing which account I am to use? When I am logged into Work and I try to log into Home, the computer often shows...
  9. Business type workgroup Network

Business type workgroup Network: Finally installed Win10 on a computer with raw HD. It installed realtively easy. But I can not figure out how to setup a network to see two Win7 computers on a small business type workgroup. I disabled Homegroup since I am most comfortable without them. But in trying to...
  10. Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts: Hi, On a PC that has been upgraded to windows 10, if I have 2 user accounts, and set privacy settings etc on the one account so that Windows 10 isnt sending information/downloading stuff etc, will the second account (that has not been setup for the same settings and is...