Windows 10: Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts

Discus and support Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a small workgroup (not homegroup) network setup with four PCs. Two are Win10 Pro, two are Win7 Pro. Each PC is used by one person and therefore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pmokover, Sep 26, 2015.

1. pmokover Win User

Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts

I have a small workgroup (not homegroup) network setup with four PCs. Two are Win10 Pro, two are Win7 Pro. Each PC is used by one person and therefore has one user account. I have assigned permissions so that each PC can access the desired folders on the others. Everything is working well.

I am about to connect an additional PC to this network. Two people will share this PC so it has two user accounts. Let’s call them User1 and User2.

How do I set things up so that User 1 has access to certain folders on the other four PCs but User2 has access to a different list of folders on the other four PCs? I’ve never had to deal with a PC that has multiple user accounts before and I’m not sure how to handle network permissions in that situation.

Thanks.
    Peter

:)

pmokover, Sep 26, 2015
  2. Daanco17 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Homegroup Problem - Not Joined Anymore or Not Recognizing Homegroup

Solution for multiple network pcs all on the same workgroup that can no longer see each other. In the event of only one pc, add another pc to the same wireless or wired network.

Goto one of these pcs that was not the original workgroup pc and give it a new workgroup name. Then change all the other network pcs and other media to this new workgroup. Reshare all network drives.

Daanco17, Sep 26, 2015
  3. When updating Windows 1703 to 1709 the computer account name gets changed and the computer louses domain connection.

Could be a bug unique to the 1709 upgrade. Users in workgroup mode were reporting issues with multiple accounts created, some temporary profiles after upgrading with their machine name amended. Are you seeing a similar case?

Open C:\Users then look for any other accounts that might there other than your Domain account.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 26, 2015
Thema:

Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts

1. Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts - Similar Threads - Workgroup Network Multiple

2. Multiple Users Account / Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Users Account / Folder: I just buy a new laptop, and i make a mistake so i use system restore the windows modules installer i do it twice. but then there is 3 users folder. how to make it just 1?...
  3. Multiple User Accounts ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple User Accounts ???: While trying to fix Windows 10 spotlight I noticed several user accounts in my settings. I am the only one who uses this laptop, why do I see FIVE 5 user. Tried to delete and says it states I cannot delete because is is receiving inheriting properties from another account....
  4. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  5. Managing multiple user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing multiple user accounts: Hi, Apolgies if the question has been asked elsewhere, I have not been able to find an answer. I have recently bought a new laptop and I am struggling to understand how to best manage apications across multiple user accounts. I have created four accounts - me as organiser...
  6. Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers: Hi, My name is David Gebert, I am in charge of setting up a new system for my local fire department that I am a member of. We will be installing 2 new desktops, 2 laptops, plus the current 2 laptops we own. We are also planning on adding about 3-6 more computers or...
  7. Suddenly Multiple User Accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly Multiple User Accounts: All of a sudden when I turn on or try to log into my PC it'll try to log into a user account of the same name and say "Incorrect password." Now instead of automatically logging into my PC, I have to actively select another user account and type my password into that. Ideally...
  8. multiple user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiple user accounts: I am having issues with adding a second user account to my pc. Every time I log back in to my account administrator after the other user has been logged in, I have multiple issues. They seem to be caused by changes to settings, though the other user does not change other...
  9. Small Network/Workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small Network/Workgroup: How di I create \Windows 10network at my office to share files, printer and internet access between 2 or more laptops running Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-networkworkgroup/352296a6-51d4-43fc-b293-0b50ec215846
  10. Network/Workgroup Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network/Workgroup Sharing: Sirs: I have two computers set up to use the same Workgroup. When I try to connect from one computer to the other. I get a message "You do not have permission to access (the shared directory)" on the other computer. I enabled all sharing and permissions that I can find...