Windows 10: Workgroup not working as expected

Discus and support Workgroup not working as expected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all I am having trouble getting my workgroup to work properly between my pc (ethernet) and laptop (wifi). My PC can see the shared folders from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mal68, Feb 1, 2021.

1. /u/mal68 Win User

Workgroup not working as expected

Hi all

I am having trouble getting my workgroup to work properly between my pc (ethernet) and laptop (wifi).

My PC can see the shared folders from the laptop, but the laptop cannot see the shared folders from the PC. I note that under the network folder my laptop can see its own shared folders, but the PC can't see its own shared folders. So seems to be an issue with the sharing on the PC????

This was initially set up as a homegroup and changed to a workgroup at some point. It was working fairly well until some time in the last few months when in became patchy, now it doesn't work at all.

Best I can tell the sharing settings are the same on both.

I have disabled my 3rd party virus/firewall and then didn't improve things.

I have fully updated both pc and laptop.

I have enable SMB1 and that did work, however I now realise this is not a good idea.

I have tried various other things over the last few hours with no luck, hoping for some help.

Cheers

submitted by /u/mal68
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mal68, Feb 1, 2021
  2. oemSoft Win User

Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

For window 7, HomeUsers workgroup is available for selection, but HomeUsers is not available for window 10.

I would like to know on which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers as shown below

Window 10 only offer following workgroup selection.

• Administrators
    • Device owners
    • Distributed COM Users
    • Event Log Readers
    • Guests
    • Hyper-V Administrators
    • IIS_USRS
    • Performance Log Users
    • Performance Monitor users
    • Remote Management Users
    • System Managed Accounts group
    • Users

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Feb 1, 2021
  3. oemSoft Win User
    Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

Win+R type control userpasswords2, when you create new user accounts, you can assign workgroup as shown below:

Window 10 only offer following workgroup selection.

• Administrators
    • Device owners
    • Distributed COM Users
    • Event Log Readers
    • Guests
    • Hyper-V Administrators
    • IIS_USRS
    • Performance Log Users
    • Performance Monitor users
    • Remote Management Users
    • System Managed Accounts group
    • Users

Do you have any suggestions on which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers as shown above?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

oemSoft, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Switch from Homegroup to Workgroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      System.

• Click on Advanced System settings.

• Under Computer Name tab click on
      change.

• Under “Member Of” change the Workgroup name

• Then click on OK, then when prompted
      reboot your device.

And also refer the article given below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/join-or-create-a-workgroup

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Workgroup not working as expected - Similar Threads - Workgroup working expected

2. "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected: Hello thereI was playing minesweeper for a long time enjoyed it in most versions so far. On Windows 10 Home with all the latest updates that were available i was playing it mostly in adventure mode. 2-3 days ago it was "upgraded" to a "newer" version. At the first launch of...
  3. Backup not working as expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup not working as expected: Hi, I have W'10, and two external drives that I backup selected sub-directories to.The problem seems to have started when I added by second physical backup drive Drive_T and Drive_S.When I was staying with Drive_T only, backup worked fine. But now when I switch from Drive_T...
  4. Backup now working as expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup now working as expected: Hi, I have W'10, and two external drives that I backup selected sub-directories to.The problem seems to have started when I added by second physical backup drive Drive_T and Drive_S.When I was staying with Drive_T only, backup worked fine. But now when I switch from Drive_T...
  5. Workgroups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroups: how do I unjoin from a workgroup ? Somehow I am in a workgroup that I never recall joining and it is causing me problems. what can I do to remove my desktop from a workgroup?...
  6. Windows Photos is not working as expected

Windows Photos is not working as expected: When I open Windows Photos on my Lenovo touchpad and try to scroll, this feature is not working. Moreover this app consumes plenty of CPU. Could you help me?...
  7. Spell Check is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell Check is not working as expected: Once in a while when I write something using Edge, I face an issue with Spell Check - it doesn’t correct the misspelled words. Because it is not an ongoing issue, it is difficult to spot the cause of it. I made sure that Highlight Misspelled Words are on. But this feature...
  8. workgroup

workgroup: From a windows 10, Having trouble creating a workgroup with a windows 7. Bill https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/workgroup/5d5266c5-b447-4fe7-8324-104e5328d3d0
  9. workgroup in windows 10 not working

workgroup in windows 10 not working: comrades, I have a workgroup on desktop and laptop both running windows 10 - it was functioning not long ago but recently stopped and i cant figure out why. i've pfoofed round so much trying to get it going again i've probably made it worse *cry I just want to access...
  10. Workgroup works yet doesn't

Workgroup works yet doesn't: I have 3 pc's in my LAN Mark= Win7 32 bit Dave= Win10 32 bit HTPC = Win10 64 bit I'm trying to share the files on HTPC and have created a workgroup. Dave and Mark can share files Mark and HTPC can share files But Dave who can connect to the win7 pc through the...