Windows 10: Workgroup printers not printing in Win 10 20H2

Discus and support Workgroup printers not printing in Win 10 20H2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We are having a workgroup of 20+ PCs & 10+ laser / inkjet printers. Till recent everything was alright but since 2nd week of Sept '21 we are facing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HCGNA, Sep 21, 2021.

1. HCGNA Win User

Workgroup printers not printing in Win 10 20H2

We are having a workgroup of 20+ PCs & 10+ laser / inkjet printers. Till recent everything was alright but since 2nd week of Sept '21 we are facing a problem where printing locally is working but network shared printing is not working. all PCs are visible to each other under network, All shared folders are accessible as earlier, even under each PC its shared printers are visible. I if double click such printer. It shows empty print queue, indicating it is installed on guest PC. But if I give a printout from guest PC it disappears within fraction from the queue but nothing prints. I hav

:)

HCGNA, Sep 21, 2021
  2. 5string Win User

can't print from win 10 to printer attached to mac

many tks for replies guys
    spapakons -- i checked out all your sugg. windows sharing was enabled. the selected printer is shared with smb. workgroup is the same as the win workgroup (WORKGROUP). if i can only print from 1 machine, i'd rather it be the win 10 pc, so i have moved the printer from the mac to the win 10 pc. same issue as before - the mac and the xp pc will not print. the print jobs are going to the que but the printer does not come to life. as mentioned in an earlier post, i am able to share files between all three but can't print (except from the machine the printer is attached to) i'm all out of ideas, options, and things to try and don't really know where to go from here.
    again guys, tks for the suggestions.

5string, Sep 21, 2021
  3. Windows 20H2 - All Printers Offline - Need to Restart Print Spooler Every Time to Print

Hi

I updated to Windows 10 Pro 20H2 through the Windows 10 October 2020 Update Assistant. Every since, whenever I go to print something, I find the printers are offline and won't print. The only way to get something to print is to go to Services and restart
    the Print Spooler. Every print job is this way. It was not like this before the update to 20H2. Any suggestions?

Ian

GreenMenComputers, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Workgroup printers not printing in Win 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - Workgroup printers printing

2. Looking for Win 10 Workgroup advisor for hire

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for Win 10 Workgroup advisor for hire: Can anyone recommend a LAN professional I can hire? I expect all my issues can be diagnosed remotely. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-win-10-workgroup-advisor-for-hire/a87646bf-20ff-4722-a24b-776009aa1097
  3. win 10 20h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 20h2: I updated to the May 2021 20h2 update. I normally have negative issues with the MAJOR updates, this time I'm happy!I'm using a 4K 32 inch monitor, the text sharpness seems to have improved, Have others noticed this PLUS?...
  4. after update in win 10 my printer do not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after update in win 10 my printer do not print: After win 10 update my printers will not print, print goes to printque and stops. Nothing will print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-in-win-10-my-printer-do-not-print/1807a735-bc7c-44a1-ad51-3109f5138d4c
  5. Windows 10 20H2 Printing Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20H2 Printing Issue: Hi, i am facing an issue on my Windows 10 version 20H2. I am using remote desktop connection and connected to my company server, I am using account software to print invoice, when the printing started, I minimise the remote desktop connection windows, then i open edge browser...
  6. Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup"

Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup": Hello, have two machines, running Win 10 Home, both I think are called 32 bit. One machine I use for myself, writing, personally created music, financial etc, the other is used by us both for e-mails, and other information. I had a kind of partial sharing between machines...
  7. Printer Connectivity and Workgroup name change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Connectivity and Workgroup name change.: I want to change the workgroup name of my laptop by the tab for changing network if appears grey. I tried doing certain things changing driver settings and all but to no avail. Also I installed a new printer driver through DVD and it's only running when connected through wire...
  8. Printer won't print after Win 10 update!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer won't print after Win 10 update!: I have a Canon Pixma IP8720 Printer It has worked fine since I got it in Jan 2019 After your update yesterday it won't print Message states not connected. It is WIFI Connie...
  9. win 10 refuses to share drive in workgroup

win 10 refuses to share drive in workgroup: Drive C: on a new win10 laptop is marked Shared for Everyone, read+write+control (because it will hold a webserver and database server that must be manageable from other workstations in the workgroup). Yet win10 refuses access to a map-network-drive request from File...
  10. can't print from win 10 to printer attached to mac

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't print from win 10 to printer attached to mac: printer attached to mac mini. have bonjour on pc with win 10. when i open the bonjour printer wizard it says "no bonjour printers are available. all 3 are networked together on a home network (WORKGROUP) i can share files from the mac but can't print from the win 10 pc any...