Windows 10: workgroup

Discus and support workgroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After 10 updated my homegroup was deleted. I can't get workgroup to connect to hard wired lan. Is there a better way to network and share resources?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JRMCO, Sep 16, 2019.

1. JRMCO Win User

workgroup

After 10 updated my homegroup was deleted. I can't get workgroup to connect to hard wired lan. Is there a better way to network and share resources?

:)

JRMCO, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Switch from Homegroup to Workgroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      System.

• Click on Advanced System settings.

• Under Computer Name tab click on
      change.

• Under “Member Of” change the Workgroup name

• Then click on OK, then when prompted
      reboot your device.

And also refer the article given below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/join-or-create-a-workgroup

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 16, 2019
  3. In Windows 10 Home - why would you disable the ability to change the default workgroup name from "workgroup" to something else?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to change the work group name?
    Have you tried as below steps if not I suggest you to follow as below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on “system”.
    • Then under “computer name, domain and workgroup settings” option.
    • Click on change “settings” on the right hand side.
    • Click on “computer name” tab.
    • Under the option “to rename this computer and change its domain or workgroup, click change”
      click on “change option”.
    • Under “computer name tab” enter the computer name accordingly and click on
      “ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 16, 2019
  4. BXtreme Win User

workgroup

how to remove a pc from workgroup

i've run up in a problem...I was setting up a wlan with another pc from my new insp 1520 and ended up setting it right but with the exception of making an invalid entry in the pc's workgroup showing a "computer not found on the network". Now how can I remove it! ANy suggestions ??? *Confused workgroup :confused: OR HIDE IT PLZ!

BXtreme, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

workgroup

1. workgroup - Similar Threads - workgroup

2. Workgroup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workgroup Issue: I am replacing our "central" PC for my small office where we all store data in central location. We are a small office and just utilize the workgroup functionality for access. In the old setup, this worked great. If you were not part of the workgroup, you didn't see the...
  3. Workgroup Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Workgroup Issue: I am replacing our "central" PC for my small office where we all store data in central location. We are a small office and just utilize the workgroup functionality for access. In the old setup, this worked great. If you were not part of the workgroup, you didn't see the...
  4. Is it normal for my Workgroup to have a computer on the same network as me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for my Workgroup to have a computer on the same network as me?: I am running windows 11 and I have the whole 255 IP addresses on my netwrok to myself as its my home set up. But today I get notified that the IP address just one above my static one name Workgroup is trying to connect to my IP. Its blocked and when I check the details out of...
  5. Is it normal for my Workgroup to have a computer on the same network as me?

Is it normal for my Workgroup to have a computer on the same network as me?: I am running windows 11 and I have the whole 255 IP addresses on my netwrok to myself as its my home set up. But today I get notified that the IP address just one above my static one name Workgroup is trying to connect to my IP. Its blocked and when I check the details out of...
  6. What does the 'Domain or workgroup' button in settings do? System\About

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the 'Domain or workgroup' button in settings do? System\About: HiI know I'm not giving a lot of detail but what does the Domain or workgroup button do in settings because I want to know what is does and if its safe...
  7. What does the 'Domain or workgroup' button in settings do? System\About

What does the 'Domain or workgroup' button in settings do? System\About: HiI know I'm not giving a lot of detail but what does the Domain or workgroup button do in settings because I want to know what is does and if its safe...
  8. Restricting Windows Workgroup local admin user from installing appliccations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restricting Windows Workgroup local admin user from installing appliccations: I want to restrict the Windows Workgroup user to install the applications and i want to allow the user to install the specific applications. User will be having Local Admin privilage. Any solution?...
  9. Restricting Windows Workgroup local admin user from installing appliccations

Restricting Windows Workgroup local admin user from installing appliccations: I want to restrict the Windows Workgroup user to install the applications and i want to allow the user to install the specific applications. User will be having Local Admin privilage. Any solution?...
  10. Restricting Windows Workgroup local admin user from installing appliccations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file:///J:/Orga/SES/Workgroups/Workgroup Nau