Windows 10: working from home and using virtual desktop

Discus and support working from home and using virtual desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, Due to COVID-19 I have to work from home, my company sent me with a laptop and dual monitors. They want me to use virtual desktop and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/H4l3x, Mar 16, 2020.

1. /u/H4l3x Win User

working from home and using virtual desktop

Hi all,

Due to COVID-19 I have to work from home, my company sent me with a laptop and dual monitors. They want me to use virtual desktop and the issue I am having is that I cant extend the displays... virtual desktop will only open and allow me to do things on only one monitor. Is it possible to extend displays in virtual desktop?

Thanks for help!

submitted by /u/H4l3x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/H4l3x, Mar 16, 2020
  2. sirBait Win User

Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Virtual Desktops Windows 10?

Hi Lucas,

Modifying the settings of a virtual desktop requires complex steps. Because of this, we might need to refer you to our Microsoft TechNet forums for further assistance. For us to direct you to the correct forum category, we would need the answers to the following:

• Are you using a Windows Server?
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?
    • What virtual desktop are you using?

If you are using Hyper-V, you can use this article published
    by Andre Da Costa as your reference on how to use Windows 10's built in Hyper-V for creating Virtual Machines.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 16, 2020
  4. dhruvdutt Win User

Virtual Desktops - Projector

Let's assume I've created 2 virtual desktops in Windows 10. (#1 and #2)
    Is it possible to connect projector with a single virtual desktop only?
    Eg. Connect virtual desktop #1 with the projector. Now swap, work along virtual desktop #2 (to look privately for some references at the time of a presentation/projection) and swap back to resume the public projection at desktop #1?

Please suggest any 3rd party tool (if any available) for this use case.

dhruvdutt, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. working from home and using virtual desktop - Similar Threads - working home using

2. Remote Desktop only working from home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop only working from home: I’ve set up my Remote Desktop connection and did the port forwarding in my router. The computer is connected to internet. If I’m at home connected to my iPhone 5G instead of the same wifi, the remote connection works perfectly. But, when i try to connect it from outside of my...
  3. Remote Desktop only working from home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop only working from home: I’ve set up my Remote Desktop connection and did the port forwarding in my router. The computer is connected to internet. If I’m at home connected to my iPhone 5G instead of the same wifi, the remote connection works perfectly. But, when i try to connect it from outside of my...
  4. Remote Desktop only working from home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working: When using Adobe Pro, Excel, or Word, instead of opening the application in the virtual desktop that I am working on, it opens it instead to the original window that the application was first opened on.This causes issues because if I am working on multiple excel and word...
  6. Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working

Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working: When using Adobe Pro, Excel, or Word, instead of opening the application in the virtual desktop that I am working on, it opens it instead to the original window that the application was first opened on.This causes issues because if I am working on multiple excel and word...
  7. Virtual Desktop Shortcuts not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Desktop Shortcuts not working?: I have a HP ProBook x360 11 G1 EE, running Windows 10 version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. I use the virtual desktop shortcuts a lot. Recently, they all just stopped working. I can't create a virtual desktop, I can't quickly access Task View, I can't switch between them with ctrl...
  8. Virtual Desktop Shortcuts not working?

Virtual Desktop Shortcuts not working?: I have a HP ProBook x360 11 G1 EE, running Windows 10 version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. I use the virtual desktop shortcuts a lot. Recently, they all just stopped working. I can't create a virtual desktop, I can't quickly access Task View, I can't switch between them with ctrl...
  9. Virtualization in Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtualization in Home: Is it possible to use Virtualization in Windows 10 Home submitted by /u/Lector213 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrlmkr/virtualization_in_home/
  10. Using virtual desktops for taskbars

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using virtual desktops for taskbars: Is there software (or how can one use built-in functions) to display taskbar and tray fullscreen on a secondary desktop, preferably virtual? I have quite a lot of stuff there and it would be nice to be able to manage it by switching to a secondary desktop and operate from...