Windows 10: Working from home monitor help: "Second Screen" options seems to be an advanced default for...

Discus and support Working from home monitor help: "Second Screen" options seems to be an advanced default for... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two monitors one is not a problem and I switched the ports so it's not that. Plus, I know the 3rd monitor, my problem monitor today, is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DeP90Sal7, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Working from home monitor help: "Second Screen" options seems to be an advanced default for...

I have two monitors one is not a problem and I switched the ports so it's not that. Plus, I know the 3rd monitor, my problem monitor today, is working because when I hit windows shift + P and I change my display settings to "Duplicate" my third monitor copies my screen, also when I use "Second Screen Only" my laptop goes black and my two monitors work fine. My 3rd monitor seems to have an advance "Second Screen" setting turned on and I don't know where to find it. Any help would be appreciated I need to start working. Thank you.

Edit: Also, the monitor turns on when I close my screen 3 quarters, but not all the way off.

submitted by /u/DeP90Sal7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DeP90Sal7, Feb 25, 2021

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Working from home monitor help: "Second Screen" options seems to be an advanced default for...

restoring second monitor to default

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get better clarity on the issue, please let us know:

• When you say “how can i restore my sleep mode to defalts”, do you want the computer to not go to sleep mode?
    • Could you please provide more information on “restoring second monitor to default”?

If you have made changes to Power Options in Windows, we can try to restore default scheme using a command. Let me help you with the steps:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type/paste the following command and hit Enter:
      powercfg –restoredefaultschemes

4. Close command prompt window.

Please reply with more information on the issue to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Working from home monitor help: "Second Screen" options seems to be an advanced default for...

1. Working from home monitor help: "Second Screen" options seems to be an advanced default for... - Similar Threads - Working home monitor

2. STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS: I need help! My Asus laptop is stuck on this inescapable advanced options blue screen where NOTHING WORKS I have windows 10 on an Asus laptopThe options are:1. Startup repair2. Startup settings 3. Command prompt 4. Uninstall updates 5. UEFI 6. System restore none of the...
  3. STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS: I need help! My Asus laptop is stuck on this inescapable advanced options blue screen where NOTHING WORKS I have windows 10 on an Asus laptopThe options are:1. Startup repair2. Startup settings 3. Command prompt 4. Uninstall updates 5. UEFI 6. System restore none of the...
  4. STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  6. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  7. Help with a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with a second monitor?: Hello, the problem with me is that when I plug in my 2nd monitor, it doesn't work at all, main monitor is connected via displayport and 2nd monitor via Hdmi, if I plug in both alone, both go normally, so it's not the monitor or the cables. But if both are plugged in, first...
  8. Advanced repair options not working?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced repair options not working?: please read to the end Hello. I've been on an infinite loop of automatic repair since this morning. But now every time the auto repair starts, it says it can't fix the fault. There. The funny thing is that everything I try in the advanced options fails. Whether it's...
  9. restoring second monitor to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    restoring second monitor to default: after going to settings and got Restore default settings for this plan , that is grade out and cant restore how can i restore my sleep mode to defalts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-second-monitor-to-default/abb52316-e08c-44b9-b49a-9a2795b9ec5d
  10. Infinite repair loop and non of advanced options seems to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite repair loop and non of advanced options seems to work: So I have this problem where in every time i boot up may laptop it only shows choose an option and non of the advanced options seems to be working for me. And theres no reset this pc option for me. I dont wanna lose my important files what should I do?...