Windows 10: Working from Home? Turn your Windows 10 Laptop or Tablet into a Second Monitor!

Discus and support Working from Home? Turn your Windows 10 Laptop or Tablet into a Second Monitor! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PreludePianist [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PreludePianist, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Working from Home? Turn your Windows 10 Laptop or Tablet into a Second Monitor!

/u/PreludePianist, Jul 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Returning Windows to Second Screen

Hello Kate,

Let's try to isolate the issue and see what is preventing you from using Windows to second screen. Kindly provide us the following information:

• When you turned on your computer, does it give you an extended display for both monitor screen and your laptop?
    • Is your monitor screen already connected to your laptop before turning it on?
    • What cable are you using to connect your second monitor to your laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

Working from Home? Turn your Windows 10 Laptop or Tablet into a Second Monitor!

Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Search downloads

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Working from Home? Turn your Windows 10 Laptop or Tablet into a Second Monitor!

1. Working from Home? Turn your Windows 10 Laptop or Tablet into a Second Monitor! - Similar Threads - Working Home Turn

2. Laptop as second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop as second monitor: Hello today i tried to set up my laptop as a second monitor through pc projection and everything seems okay until I try to actually connect then it gives me a security errorPlease help...
  3. Turning second monitor in to main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  4. Turning second monitor in to main

Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  5. Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working: Hi,I have been trying to connect my Laptop to my Desktop computer for a while now, but I can not see it after pressing windows + P and selecting 'connect to a device'. My laptop just simply not show up in the list. I have checked if both my desktop computer and laptop support...
  6. Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working

Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working: Hi,I have been trying to connect my Laptop to my Desktop computer for a while now, but I can not see it after pressing windows + P and selecting 'connect to a device'. My laptop just simply not show up in the list. I have checked if both my desktop computer and laptop support...
  7. Laptop as second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop as second monitor: Hi, i try to use my laptop as second monitor but on my main pc there is not option to connect to this laptop... Can be one on wi-fi and second on ethernet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-as-second-monitor/606b7f2d-ada9-482d-b682-69935623bf4a
  8. Windows 10 Home will not detect second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home will not detect second monitor: I am using an AMD radeon HD 5450. I worked great on my Windows 7 machine. Put it in this new Windows 10 machine and both monitors are on an displaying but windows 10 says second monitor not detected. I have uninstalled the drive in the device manager and restarted the...
  9. Second monitor turned black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor turned black: Found a question from 2016 - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/second-monitor-turned-black-worked-before/7c059bf0-aa91-49ea-ab13-82fb6a0cf216 have the same problem, but no solution there... Problem: One day i go away from my...
  10. Second Display Not Working on Fusion5 Windows 10 Tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Display Not Working on Fusion5 Windows 10 Tablet: I've been trying to activate the second "ghost" display on my Fusion5 Windows 10 tablet to no avail. I hit the Notifications icon in the corner, click on Project, select EXTEND but once I touch the desktop and go to settings, the second display isn't showing up. I know...