Windows 10: working of ctrl shortcut key

Discus and support working of ctrl shortcut key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am a coder, I need to change same word at different places at a time until recently I used to select that words using mouse and ctrl key and change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Manoj saiVaddhi, Feb 20, 2021.

1. working of ctrl shortcut key

I am a coder, I need to change same word at different places at a time until recently I used to select that words using mouse and ctrl key and change it simultaneously but my ctrl key stopped responding to that shortcut but it is working for other shortcuts what should I do?

:)

Manoj saiVaddhi, Feb 20, 2021
  2. grecinos Win User

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

working of ctrl shortcut key

How to delete shortcut Ctrl + Shift?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please help us with the details requested below:

• Have you assigned the “Ctrl + Shift” shortcut for any application?

Ideally, the shortcut Ctrl + Shift is used to switch the keyboard layout when multiple keyboard layouts are available. If you have assigned the shortcut for a keyboard layout, you may try changing it by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices and select
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Scroll down and select Advanced keyboard settings.
    4. Click on Input language hot keys.
    5. Select the layout for which you have assigned the shortcut and click on
      Change Key Sequence.
    6. Under Switch Keyboard Layout, select
      Not assigned.
    7. Click on OK (Twice).

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

working of ctrl shortcut key

1. working of ctrl shortcut key - Similar Threads - working ctrl shortcut

2. Ctrl D shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl D shortcut not working: Hello!Like a week ago Ctrl+D combination suddenly stopped working on my laptop Windows, Xiaomi RedmiBook pro 14s in my Google Sheets, then I noticed that the shortcut doesn't work either in Google Sheets, Miro, Google Meet, or Figma. Other shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+; etc....
  3. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  4. shortcuts using ctrl key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcuts using ctrl key: shortcuts using ctrl key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcuts-using-ctrl-key/3bb6319d-1034-4cd7-b894-d35057968a64
  5. shortcuts using ctrl key

shortcuts using ctrl key: shortcuts using ctrl key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcuts-using-ctrl-key/3bb6319d-1034-4cd7-b894-d35057968a64
  6. MY CTRL V AND CTRL C KEY ISNT WORKING WHEN CTRL KEY SHORTCUTS ARE ENABLED!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY CTRL V AND CTRL C KEY ISNT WORKING WHEN CTRL KEY SHORTCUTS ARE ENABLED!!!!!: MICROSOFT! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU! FIX THIS NOW OR IM SWITCHING TO APPLEHERES THE WHOLE THINGMY KEY WAS WORKING A FEW HOURS AGO AND NOW ITS BEING DUMB. I AM SO DONE WITH MICROSOFT'S DECISIONS ON KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS!!! HOW THE HECK DO I FIX THIS!!!...
  7. MY CTRL V AND CTRL C KEY ISNT WORKING WHEN CTRL KEY SHORTCUTS ARE ENABLED!!!!!

MY CTRL V AND CTRL C KEY ISNT WORKING WHEN CTRL KEY SHORTCUTS ARE ENABLED!!!!!: MICROSOFT! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU! FIX THIS NOW OR IM SWITCHING TO APPLEHERES THE WHOLE THINGMY KEY WAS WORKING A FEW HOURS AGO AND NOW ITS BEING DUMB. I AM SO DONE WITH MICROSOFT'S DECISIONS ON KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS!!! HOW THE HECK DO I FIX THIS!!!...
  8. MY CTRL V AND CTRL C KEY ISNT WORKING WHEN CTRL KEY SHORTCUTS ARE ENABLED!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Shortcut ctrl + v is not working

Shortcut ctrl + v is not working: Hi, when I copy something and paste it, it pastes it twice. How can I solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-ctrl-v-is-not-working/a8b37e04-64e7-480e-96d5-6f0e88c9948e
  10. Ctrl Key + End Key and Ctrl Key + Up shortcut keys are not working on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl Key + End Key and Ctrl Key + Up shortcut keys are not working on Windows 10.: FOR KADOHORN: Your thread of the same name was locked, but I may have the answer: In Excel on Windows 10, I also was frustrated that Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End no longer go to the very start and very end of the document. This was easily fixed - I had TRANSITION NAVIGATION...