Windows 10: "Working on it..." Unable to use Windows Explorer for the past 3 years

Discus and support "Working on it..." Unable to use Windows Explorer for the past 3 years in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the past 3+ years, I have not been able to properly use Windows Explorer. 1/3 of the time, it works (primarily when I restart my PC), but the rest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpartanJedi58, Aug 17, 2020.

1. "Working on it..." Unable to use Windows Explorer for the past 3 years

For the past 3+ years, I have not been able to properly use Windows Explorer. 1/3 of the time, it works (primarily when I restart my PC), but the rest of the time it only displays the green loading bar and says "Working on it..."

It doesn't matter what folder I open. This also seems to affect the Settings app, which I am also only able to use about 1/3 of the time. Most times it appears as a black box when opened.

I have Googled each of my issues many times over the last few years, and have tried every potential fix that I could come across. None of them have worked. Force closing Windows Explorer via Task Manager works for about a minute, and then the problem starts over again. I have attempted to clean install Windows 10 on my system, but right around the 99% mark it always results in an error and aborts.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.40GHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080

RAM: 32GB

submitted by /u/SpartanJedi58
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpartanJedi58, Aug 17, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

"Working on it..." Unable to use Windows Explorer for the past 3 years wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

"Working on it..." Unable to use Windows Explorer for the past 3 years

Windows Explorer Copy and Paste problems

Hi,

The copy/paste problem could be due to Windows Explorer issue or faulty keyboard.

Wewould like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Is the issue also happening when trying to copy/paste any Office files, or is it only happening in Windows Explorer?
    • Have you tried other ways like; right-click + Copy, then right-click + Paste?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

"Working on it..." Unable to use Windows Explorer for the past 3 years

1. "Working on it..." Unable to use Windows Explorer for the past 3 years - Similar Threads - Working Unable Explorer

2. Constant bluescreens for the past year

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant bluescreens for the past year: I get bluescreens for no reason all the time with different error codes and can't figure out why.Here is my most recent dump file, I can send more as well.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading...
  3. Can I use the Windows 7 Year 3 ESU MAK key after the end of Year 3?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use the Windows 7 Year 3 ESU MAK key after the end of Year 3?: Hi,My organisation had purchased Windows 7 Year 1-3 ESU MAKs. From past experience, the Year 1 MAK was instantly invalid for further activation in Windows 7 workstations from the beginning of Year 2 on 13 Jan 2021. Subsequently, the Year 2 MAK was instantly invalid from the...
  4. Can I use the Windows 7 Year 3 ESU MAK key after the end of Year 3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the Windows 7 Year 3 ESU MAK key after the end of Year 3?: Hi,My organisation had purchased Windows 7 Year 1-3 ESU MAKs. From past experience, the Year 1 MAK was instantly invalid for further activation in Windows 7 workstations from the beginning of Year 2 on 13 Jan 2021. Subsequently, the Year 2 MAK was instantly invalid from the...
  5. BSODs for the past two years.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs for the past two years.: Hello,I've been having BSODs for the past roughly 2 years, on specific games, I'm on a high-end computer, and I'm at the point where it seems like it has to be a hardware issue, I've tried uninstalling massive amounts of drivers including the Xbox controller driver, factory...
  6. Annoying Audio Problem for the past 3 years on multiple PCs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying Audio Problem for the past 3 years on multiple PCs: So the problem started around September 2019 iirc when my windows 10 updated from 1809 to 1903. Before the update the volume was fine. Good bass and volume on my speakers/headphones in games, browsing videos, etc. After the update I noticed my bass became flat and the audio...
  7. Windows Key suddenly not working after 3 years

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Key suddenly not working after 3 years: I've had my laptop for about 3 years now and everything has been fine until yesterday when I got a "Windows isn't activated" message. When I try to re-enter my key I get a message that says "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital...
  8. unable to use the paste option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to use the paste option: I have tried using the sfc/scannow, the rdpclip.exe, and the cmd procedures to correct this problem. None have worked. Help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-the-paste-option/d822ef69-7a7b-47d2-871e-83bff157d750
  9. Paste not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paste not working in file explorer: Suddenly this afternoon the paste option is gone from file explorer. Every folder on the entire computer + the standalone drives has paste grayed out. I CAN paste into all the office apps. I CAN "save as" docs from word or excel into an explorer folder. I believe I CAN...
  10. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 on a 3 year old HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 on a 3 year old HP Laptop: I am getting Error code: 0xC004F012. When selecting Troubleshoot I receive error code: 0xc0000022. When I run "slmgr /dlv" at an administer command prompt I receive a "Windows Script Host" error box which says to run "slui.exe 0x2a 0xC0000022" to display the error text. The...