Windows 10: Working on updates 35% complete. Now 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes'

Discus and support Working on updates 35% complete. Now 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dell Inspirion 15 Windows 10, stuck for two hours at 35 percent update. Blue screen. Please help. I am not a techie. Update: Blue screen now says "We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JJJJ11, Feb 17, 2020.

1. JJJJ11 Win User

Working on updates 35% complete. Now 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes'

Dell Inspirion 15 Windows 10, stuck for two hours at 35 percent update. Blue screen. Please help. I am not a techie.

Update: Blue screen now says "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes." It has been that way for 15 minutes.

:)

JJJJ11, Feb 17, 2020
  2. marius-O Win User

Windows 10: "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes"

I've got the same issue and following on @Arthur's suggestion, I had a look at my user SIDs in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and some of them belonged to users that no longer existed in the system (I had previously removed them).

I've removed the dummy entries (luckily there were only a couple) and the update worked.

PLEASE save yourself some trouble and backup the registry before trying that.

marius-O, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Hi,

If you receive We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes, Don’t turn off your computer message, and your Windows 10/8/7 PC is stuck in a loop, then this post may help you.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/we-couldnt-comple...

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Yank M

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Working on updates 35% complete. Now 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes'

We couldn't complete the updated, undoing changes...

Hi,

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the
      top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Working on updates 35% complete. Now 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes' - Similar Threads - Working updates 35%

2. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  3. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  4. We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes: Hello everyone, my laptop recently got the 20h2 update but my laptop cant update it, it always got stuck there for atleast 20 mins before it open again....
  5. We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes: Hello everyone, my laptop recently got the 20h2 update but my laptop cant update it, it always got stuck there for atleast 20 mins before it open again....
  6. We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. We couldn't complete the update undoing changes

We couldn't complete the update undoing changes: Hi,I was trying to update my laptop and when I went to restart it wasn't able to and reverted changes. I looked through some forums and couldn't find anything that worked. The problem came from no where and I don't remember hard shutting down my laptop at all.Update I'm...
  8. "We couldn't complete the update; undoing changes"

"We couldn't complete the update; undoing changes": This has been happening for about a week now. Every time I try to update, whether I click "shut down" or "restart," windows will restart twice, give me this message, and send me back to the login screen. I tried running the update troubleshooter and then installing the...
  9. We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Windows wont update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-complete-the-updates-undoing-changes/d74e78ed-7172-4d28-b595-933711ec3280
  10. we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes: i have a rather old lenovo flex 2 14 that try as i might, i can't get to update without this error coming up. whenever i restart my machine, it takes 5minutes to try updating itself followed by 25-30min undoing changes and i get so fed up waiting for it to do the same thing...