Windows 10: Working Thunderbolt 3 Win 10 network bridge per Intel - working for anyone?

Discus and support Working Thunderbolt 3 Win 10 network bridge per Intel - working for anyone? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Thunderbolt™ Networking Bridging and Routing Instructional White Paper was written in 2014 by Intel. There is no communication available with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ronfucci, Sep 24, 2020.

1. ronfucci Win User

Working Thunderbolt 3 Win 10 network bridge per Intel - working for anyone?

The Thunderbolt™ Networking Bridging and Routing Instructional White Paper was written in 2014 by Intel.

There is no communication available with the authors of the paper or Intel.

Quote from the paper: "....multiple computers supporting Thunderbolt™ Networking communicate through multiple Peer-to-Peer connections using Thunderbolt™ 2 Dual Port hosts. In order to allow communication between different hosts in the Thunderbolt chain, network properties should be configured. We will cover two modes of operation: Bridging Mode and Routing mode"

I attempted to reproduce the Bridging Mode per the paper instructions with TB3 and Win 10. I cannot do it. The bridge appears when only local addressing is used no DHCP, but the 'bridge' has no function. Using static IP addressing for the thunderbolt 'adapters' locks up Win 10.

Has anyone succeeded with either Mode, esp Bridging?

Thanks

R

:)

ronfucci, Sep 24, 2020

2. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Network bridge suddenly stopped working in windows 10

Hi Shantanu,

To isolate your concern, we would like to know how your network bridge is connected? Is it a wireless connection or a wired connection?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set up your network bridge to refresh the adapter and reconnect the other devices. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Add Incoming Connections from the Internet.
    • Bridge the two network connections that you want to use.
    • Forget the internal network connection (under
      Manage Known Networks).
    • Reconnect to your bridge network.
    • Restart your computer and check if your concern persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Sep 24, 2020
  4. cahsolo Win User

Network bridge does not work in windows 10

I was using laptop1 with Win 8 with wifi connection to bridge to another laptop2 via LAN (network bridge), and it was working properly.

Now laptop1 is upgraded to Win 10, however the network bridge doesn't work anymore.

Tried to disconnect and recreate the bridge, but still fail.

How to solve this issue?

Do I need to roll back to Win 8?

cahsolo, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Working Thunderbolt 3 Win 10 network bridge per Intel - working for anyone? - Similar Threads - Working Thunderbolt network

2. Thunderbolt 4 doesn't work on win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt 4 doesn't work on win 11: Hey there!I have lenovo Yoga 14c IAP7 notebook with 2 Thunderbolt controllers included. But, when i plug in by lenovo booststation in one of them, I can't see it in thunderbolt control center. But I can access files on hard drive, which is placed in it. When I borrow nvidia...
  3. Thunderbolt 4 doesn't work on win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbolt 4 doesn't work on win 11: Hey there!I have lenovo Yoga 14c IAP7 notebook with 2 Thunderbolt controllers included. But, when i plug in by lenovo booststation in one of them, I can't see it in thunderbolt control center. But I can access files on hard drive, which is placed in it. When I borrow nvidia...
  4. thunderbolt 3 port not working windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thunderbolt 3 port not working windows 11: i have a rog headphone with a usb c connector and it worked fine with my laptop for almost a year but it stopped working today. when i connect the headphone to my laptop, it does nothing. it doesnt even show up on my sound setting.i tried the headphone with my other laptop...
  5. thunderbolt 3 port not working windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    thunderbolt 3 port not working windows 11: i have a rog headphone with a usb c connector and it worked fine with my laptop for almost a year but it stopped working today. when i connect the headphone to my laptop, it does nothing. it doesnt even show up on my sound setting.i tried the headphone with my other laptop...
  6. thunderbolt Bridge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    thunderbolt Bridge: I have Alienware m51 and m15 R4 connected via thunderbolt bridge. The problem is the connection is always public and reset it self after re connection or restart. It is always unidentified public. I use discovering turn on make it private connection then it works. The...
  7. VMware Bridged network not working or detecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Bridged network not working or detecting in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to connect your virtual machine to a local area network computer, but it is not working, or the Bridged network is not working in VMware, here are some solutions you can use to fix this problem. [...] This post VMware Bridged network not...
  8. Network Bridge not working correctly

Network Bridge not working correctly: Recently moved my PC to a new place, but forgot my wireless adapter (hence the use of a network bridge). The bridge is from a Windows 8.1 laptop to a Windows 10 desktop. (Wifi -> Ethernet) This worked for a few days, but suddenly I am unable to connect. I've tried doing...
  9. Does VMware Bridged networking work?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Does VMware Bridged networking work?: I'm just wondering if it works to connect to the internet in VMs, if yes I might aswell just try it out. 4385
  10. Network bridge no longer working

Network bridge no longer working: Hi, I'm having major problems bridging 2 network connections.... I usually run a bridge between the 2 onboard lan ports on my pc which connect to a second pc to give it internet and it has worked perfectly fine since I moved to windows 10 however the other week I did a...