Windows 10: Working Toward Universal Interoperability in IoT

Discus and support Working Toward Universal Interoperability in IoT in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Updated July 1, 2015 1:40 pm - Today’s Internet of Things landscape is a modern day Tower of Babel – a proliferation of communication protocols and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Working Toward Universal Interoperability in IoT

Source: Working Toward Universal Interoperability in IoT | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Jul 1, 2015
  2. Jsssssssss, Jul 1, 2015
  3. Best license option for Windows 10 single-purpose device

Windows 10 IoT for Industry Devices is what you need:

Windows 10 IoT

• Windows 10 IoT for industry devices

Desktop Shell, Win32 apps, Universal Apps and Drivers

1 GB, 16 GB Storage

x86
    • Windows 10 IoT for mobile devices

Modern Shell, Universal Apps and Drivers

512 MB RAM, 4 GB Storage

ARM
    • Windows 10 IoT for small devices

No Shell, Universal Apps and drivers

256 MB RAM, 2GB storage

x86 or ARM
    Source:
    http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/03/18/windows-10-iot-powering-the-internet-of-things/

Andre Da Costa, Jul 1, 2015
Thema:

Working Toward Universal Interoperability in IoT

1. Working Toward Universal Interoperability in IoT - Similar Threads - Working Toward Universal

2. Build your IoT devices with Windows for IoT

in Windows 10 News
    Build your IoT devices with Windows for IoT: [img] Embedded computing has been around for a number of years. Recent advances in computing such as artificial intelligence, more powerful sensors, and container technology are unlocking new scenarios and creating new paradigms for device developers. As Artificial...
  3. UWD ( Universal Windows Drivers ) not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UWD ( Universal Windows Drivers ) not working.: Hello, tried installing the new UWD on my laptop today and I get an error message saying that my laptop is not validated for it, or its unsupported, I forgot which one, I forgot to print my screen which would've been easier to explain. Its a newish laptop, I bought it last...
  4. Universal No

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal No: Every time, I join here my mouse turns into this red circle with a line through it. It does go through and lets me join but I get no notifications and can have both check marks ticked and any response or question ticked. Deleted Account rejoined doesn't matter doesn't work...
  5. Universal Apps - Live tiles not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal Apps - Live tiles not working: I recently noticed that all live tiles for universal apps downloaded from the store are not working. Live tiles for modern apps and built-in universal apps (weather, store, maps ...etc) seems to be working fine, but the new facebook, twitter or any UWP apps have static tiles....
  6. Certain Universal Apps aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain Universal Apps aren't working: This is not your typical "My modern apps don't work" post. Some of my apps are working fine, for instance Edge and Mail. Others, do not, such as the Windows Store, Weather, Photos, etc... I've tried all the various tricks to uninstall and re-install these apps, but get the...
  7. Using Encrypted Media Extensions for interoperable protected media

in Windows 10 News
    Using Encrypted Media Extensions for interoperable protected media: Media Source Extensions and Encrypted Media Extensions provide websites with new options for streaming premium audio and video. These specifications provide a framework for building media websites that can work across multiple browsers on a broad range of devices, including...
  8. Windows IoT Core and Azure IoT Hub – Putting the ‘I’ in IoT

in Windows 10 News
    Windows IoT Core and Azure IoT Hub – Putting the ‘I’ in IoT: Hello, Makers! Earlier this year, we announced the availability of Windows IoT Core – a new edition of Windows designed for maker boards and small devices. We’ve been busy the past few months continuing to make improvements to the platform, with the goal of making Windows...
  9. Improving interoperability with DOM L3 XPath

in Windows 10 News
    Improving interoperability with DOM L3 XPath: As part of our ongoing focus on interoperability with the modern Web, we’ve been working on addressing an interoperability gap by writing an implementation of DOM L3 XPath in the Windows 10 Web platform. Today we’d like to share how we are closing this gap in Project...
  10. Building a more interoperable Web with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Building a more interoperable Web with Microsoft Edge: Over the past year the Microsoft Edge team has been hard at work on a new browser engine that will be better than ever at correctly, quickly, and reliably rendering the Web. As a user, your favorite web sites will just work, and as a web developer, you will find that...