Windows 10: Working While Scanning

Discus and support Working While Scanning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can I, or should I, continue working while Windows Defender is running a full scan on my computer?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Earlywilds, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Working While Scanning

Can I, or should I, continue working while Windows Defender is running a full scan on my computer?

:)

Earlywilds, Oct 18, 2018

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Working While Scanning

Scan and Fax not working in Windows 10

Hi Sandy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with scanning and fax issues on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if printer driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • When you say that "scan and fax not working", how exactly are you trying to scan and fax on Windows 10?

If you have tried to use Windows Scan and Fax app, then try to access it and check if you are able to scan documents.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. The type "Windows Fax and Scan" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Try to scan the copies of documents.

Also I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting steps related to printer issues and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Please get back to us with an update on scanning and fax issues, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Working While Scanning

1. Working While Scanning - Similar Threads - Working While Scanning

2. Photos App Hanging While Scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App Hanging While Scanning: Does anyone else have a recent issue where Photos hangs while scanning drives containing pictures of different file types but the same name?Example: I have a drive containing 0001.jpg and 0001.bmp. If I scan the drive with Photos it just hangs at "Looking for new photos and...
  3. Photos App Hanging While Scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Hanging While Scanning: Does anyone else have a recent issue where Photos hangs while scanning drives containing pictures of different file types but the same name?Example: I have a drive containing 0001.jpg and 0001.bmp. If I scan the drive with Photos it just hangs at "Looking for new photos and...
  4. cpu at 100% while in a scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cpu at 100% while in a scan: I don’t know what to do, i regularly scan my pc using windows defender and now when i do it my cpu goes to 100% and i have been looking everywhere for a fix and i cant find one. Please help...
  5. Scanning will not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning will not work: My Evny 5055 will not scan a document. It was working fine the other day, suddenly it stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-will-not-work/1ce3d4e0-1cf6-4dee-b743-5306fa8ae3e9
  6. Scan option not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan option not working: I have a Epson XP 440 Pinter after the last update the scan doesn't work, at least I can't get to, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-option-not-working/018beabf-1efb-4a93-b295-220ae20a0b69
  7. sfc scan is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc scan is not working: when i was tryingh to command for the sfc scan it ddnt work . it says ..There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. RestartWindows and run sfc again. thrn tried to reboot my system and tried to run the sfc scan again bt it still shows the same thing ....
  8. What program to use while scanning/

in Cortana
    What program to use while scanning/: I don't know if I should use TIFF or docs when scanning a letter to my computer. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-program-to-use-while-scanning/bc2702e0-fead-41bf-a6c2-aa4e82dc1e62"
  9. error shown while scanning the PC

error shown while scanning the PC: My PC shows the massage the PC at risk & also shows the error code 0x80240022 while Full Scanning the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/error-shown-while-scanning-the-pc/286f7811-bf0e-4555-8c49-47baf16f8e2f"
  10. Windows Defender scans while gaming

Windows Defender scans while gaming: Hi, I've just noticed that Windows Defender performed a scan while I was gaming. My framerate suddenly dropped, so I closed the game to check out what happened. I've noticed a notification that said something like "while you were gaming...". It was from Windows Defender...