Windows 10: Working with an existing Bitlocker-protected external drive on Windows 11 Home - will new...

Discus and support Working with an existing Bitlocker-protected external drive on Windows 11 Home - will new... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Question:Computers running Windows 11 Home can access external data drives that were previously encrypted/protected using Bitlocker on another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David_S22, Dec 1, 2022.

1. David_S22 Win User

Working with an existing Bitlocker-protected external drive on Windows 11 Home - will new...

Question:Computers running Windows 11 Home can access external data drives that were previously encrypted/protected using Bitlocker on another machine.But will *new* data that is written to the external Bitlocker-encrypted/protected drive by the Windows 11 Home computer also be encrypted/protected?Or, do we need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for that because of the limitations of Windows 11 Home with respect to Bitlocker on non-primary drives?Background:I have an external Bitlocker-protected SSD drive that I've used for data storage for years. It was Bitlockered using my old computer, which ran

:)

David_S22, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Working with an existing Bitlocker-protected external drive on Windows 11 Home - will new...

1. Working with an existing Bitlocker-protected external drive on Windows 11 Home - will new... - Similar Threads - Working existing Bitlocker

2. windows 11 home protection bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 home protection bitlocker: I have windows 11 home version on my PC. Under Device encryption it says- Elevation required to view. What does that mean? Will I have to upgrade to Window 11 Pro to get device encryption?...
  3. windows 11 home protection bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 home protection bitlocker: I have windows 11 home version on my PC. Under Device encryption it says- Elevation required to view. What does that mean? Will I have to upgrade to Window 11 Pro to get device encryption?...
  4. Working with an existing Bitlocker-protected external drive on Windows 11 Home - will new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Working with an existing Bitlocker-protected external drive on Windows 11 Home - will new...: Question:Computers running Windows 11 Home can access external data drives that were previously encrypted/protected using Bitlocker on another machine.But will *new* data that is written to the external Bitlocker-encrypted/protected drive by the Windows 11 Home computer also...
  5. Bitlock drive protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlock drive protection: I removed a boot drive to recover my lost emails and was prompted to enter the bitlock key. which I don’t have. I wasn’t aware there was any protection installed. Otherwise I wouldn’t have started. So after reinserting the drive back into the original laptop, the boot...
  6. Bitlock drive protection

Bitlock drive protection: I removed a boot drive to recover my lost emails and was prompted to enter the bitlock key. which I don’t have. I wasn’t aware there was any protection installed. Otherwise I wouldn’t have started. So after reinserting the drive back into the original laptop, the boot...
  7. open bitlocker encrypted external drive on win 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open bitlocker encrypted external drive on win 11 home: Dear all,I have a bitlocker encrypted external drive, and I am using a laptop with win 11 home OS.There was no issue before a recent win 11 update, and I could open the encrypted drive with the password.However, since the win 11 update, the laptop with win 11 can not...
  8. open bitlocker encrypted external drive on win 11 home

open bitlocker encrypted external drive on win 11 home: Dear all,I have a bitlocker encrypted external drive, and I am using a laptop with win 11 home OS.There was no issue before a recent win 11 update, and I could open the encrypted drive with the password.However, since the win 11 update, the laptop with win 11 can not...
  9. External drive protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    External drive protection: I wish to protect my external hard drive with a password. Do you have any recommendations / methods that are not too complicated? Can you help please? Kind regards, Willo....
  10. Windows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working.: Hi, Detailed Case Information: I have Windows 10 and BitLocker enabled. HDD, Seagate 3TB, partitioned into 5 drives. I did this mistake, I created a bootable USB by easy bcd and tested on host window during boot. Reached to the point where windows setup asks for...