Windows 10: Working with Higher Resolution Images in Windows 10 Home 64

Discus and support Working with Higher Resolution Images in Windows 10 Home 64 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Computer HP Pavilion G7-1260US Notebook PCProcessor Intel Core i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20Ghz Installed Ram 4.00 GBC: Drive 640 GBVideo Integrated on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1ThursdayJC, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Working with Higher Resolution Images in Windows 10 Home 64

My Computer HP Pavilion G7-1260US Notebook PCProcessor Intel Core i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20Ghz Installed Ram 4.00 GBC: Drive 640 GBVideo Integrated on MLBWindows 10 Home 64 Bit Version 1909Installed 02/25/2020OS Build 18363.720
    Computer 8+ years old
    Data Storage External 3.0 USB-C HD but USB ports are USB 2.0

1. When I use Windows Explorer to open a file folder that contains images. the higher resolution images take longer to load onto the screen. When I click through the next image there is a delay before it precedes to the next image.

I am going to be getting a newer computer within the next week or so.
    The newer computer will be an Intel Core I-5 With at least 8GB Ram and USB ports will be at least USB-C 3.0
    Will I see a vast improvement of load times and moving through images quicker?

2.0 Would I have better results using a different image viewer software?. I current use Irfanview 4.51 32 bit version.
    3.0 Not a fan of Windows/MS Picture Viewer but would I have a better experience viewing images.
    4.0 Should I just bite the bullet and get a paid version of Image Viewers via ACD or one of the lite versions of Adobe etc. Adobe Photoshop Elements?

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated!

1ThursayJC

:)

1ThursdayJC, Mar 17, 2020

2. Cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest on Windows 10.

I can understand the inconvenience that you are facing with the issue. We are here to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Change Resolution.

Follow below steps to change resolution.

• Type Display Settings in search bar.

• Go to Display Settings, and select Advance Sizing of text and other settings under Related Settings.

• Go to Adjust Resolution and go to Resolution.

• Change the Resolution as per requirement, Click on Ok.

• Check weather changes are reflecting or not.
    If you are unable to change resolution then update Display Drivers and try to change the resolution.

Method 2:

Further, if there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then trying installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3: Un-install and re-install latest display drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1: Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the display drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.

• Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Step 2: To install it in the compatibility mode, follow these steps:

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

a) Download the latest display
      driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b) Right-click on the audio driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c) Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu.

d) Now proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer.

This information should help. If you need further assistance regarding Windows, please post. We will be happy to help you.

Thanks and regards.

Jenith_James, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 support virtual resolution?

Is this a problem?

Description: system will show a resolution higher than internal LCD max resolution with HDMI clone mode.

More detail:

• This problem can’t be reproduced with 4K monitor.

Working with Higher Resolution Images in Windows 10 Home 64 9683f321-3690-4717-90c8-46cedc4d38dc.png

• This problem can’t be reproduced under Windows 7 OS.

• VAIO/DELL/NEC projects can meet this problem.

Steps:

• Boot to Windows 10 desktop;

• Connect external monitor (max 1920x1080) in HDMI port;

• Under clone mode, internal LCD(max 1366x768) and external monitor show 1366x768 as default.

• Check Display in settings, you can also set the resolution to 1920 x 1080.

Working with Higher Resolution Images in Windows 10 Home 64 824fe885-9136-4e1d-9859-6a2b503da5fa.png

CherryChenCQ, Mar 17, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Working with Higher Resolution Images in Windows 10 Home 64

Won't set to a higher resolution

OK, on your new system is the correct Display driver loaded, go to Control Panel - Device Manager and make sure that you are not running the Microsoft Basic Display Driver.

If the correct Display Driver is loaded, right click your Desktop, choose Display Settings and see if your resolution is set to the one marked (recommended)

If your resolution is set to the one marked (recommended), then I have some questions:

• Does your new Computer GPU support higher resolutions
    • What size is the monitor you are using
    • In the control panel of your GPU can you choose to set a custom resolution

DaveM121, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Working with Higher Resolution Images in Windows 10 Home 64

1. Working with Higher Resolution Images in Windows 10 Home 64 - Similar Threads - Working Higher Resolution

2. How to force higher resolution on display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force higher resolution on display?: Hi all,I have a Dell laptop with a i7-8650U CPU, which means it comes with Intel's UHD 620 graphics, which, according to the specs in Dell's User Manual, will support up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz over an HDMI 2.0 interface.I also have a 30-inch monitor which is capable of 2560 x...
  3. How to force higher resolution on display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force higher resolution on display?: Hi all,I have a Dell laptop with a i7-8650U CPU, which means it comes with Intel's UHD 620 graphics, which, according to the specs in Dell's User Manual, will support up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz over an HDMI 2.0 interface.I also have a 30-inch monitor which is capable of 2560 x...
  4. Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10: Hi all,I recently built a computer and installed windows 10 pro. I have a 1440p 144hz monitor and cant set it higher than 1080p 59.94 hz in the Windows settings.I installed newest AMD graphics drivers and I installed the latest AOC drivers for my monitor. I am using a Mini DP...
  5. Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10: Hi all,I recently built a computer and installed windows 10 pro. I have a 1440p 144hz monitor and cant set it higher than 1080p 59.94 hz in the Windows settings.I installed newest AMD graphics drivers and I installed the latest AOC drivers for my monitor. I am using a Mini DP...
  6. Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is it possible to take a screenshot at a higher resolution than the resolution of the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to take a screenshot at a higher resolution than the resolution of the...: as the title, is there a way to "upscale" screenshots from windows 10 tool without changing the actual resolution of the desktop, a feature like this one in Overwatch: You can take 4k+ resolution screenshots in game. (Steps Inside) Highlight All credit goes to /u/try4ce...
  8. Forcing higher "resolution"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forcing higher "resolution": submitted by /u/eternal_peril [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3fdec/forcing_higher_resolution/
  9. Mirror screen to a higher resolution screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mirror screen to a higher resolution screen.: Hello team, I have a laptop with resolution 1366 x 768, then I want to mirror this to an HD TV. The problem I have is that when I plug the HDMI cable, the TV shows the screen in a small square and a huge gray border since the TV 1920 x 1080 in the optimal resolution I...
  10. windows 10/64 resolution on twin monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10/64 resolution on twin monitors: recently put two acer gf246 monitors on my system. then upgraded fron win10/32 to 64bit. with a clean boot. this let me play a number of games i bought. tried anno 2205 and get problem with screen, keeps going black then coming back every few seconds. did research, reloaded...