Windows 10: Working with music files in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Working with music files in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10. I have approximately 4,900 mp3 files in a folder under Local Disk C/Music MP3 Whenever I try to sort out these files by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chrob61, Mar 10, 2020.

1. chrob61 Win User

Working with music files in Windows Explorer

I am running Windows 10.

I have approximately 4,900 mp3 files in a folder under Local Disk C/Music MP3

Whenever I try to sort out these files by artist, the working ball starts spinning and the progress bar along the top takes a long time over 2 minutes to complete the process, so that I can view all 4,900 files in artist order.

I thought it was an indexing problem, so I tried to add the file to the index, and yes, the files load faster, but the artists are all scrambled, then when I click on the artist column to sort, I am back to that slow progress bar loading again.

Isn't there a fix for this? Thank you.

:)

chrob61, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 10, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Working with music files in Windows Explorer :p

Frick, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Working with music files in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Working music files

2. Windows / File Explorer is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows / File Explorer is not working.: Hi, I turned my Win11 PC on today and File Explorer is not working. Everything was working fine yesterday. When I click to open a folder, the screen refreshes but no folder opens. I have ran scans and offline virus check, but no error messages are shown. When I check in the...
  3. Windows / File Explorer is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows / File Explorer is not working.: Hi, I turned my Win11 PC on today and File Explorer is not working. Everything was working fine yesterday. When I click to open a folder, the screen refreshes but no folder opens. I have ran scans and offline virus check, but no error messages are shown. When I check in the...
  4. Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.: So i don't know why but since the last version of Windows 10, the Windows Explorer keeps crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.This happens with a lot of music types: MP3, OGG, WAV etc......
  5. Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer: For part of my music selection I use to rate star 1-5 the music files. In the File Explorer version of Windows 10 you could easily add a rating, changing the Properties below Extra of the music file. But in Windows 11 the File Explorer shows my Windows 10 ratings, but I'm not...
  6. Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer: For part of my music selection I use to rate star 1-5 the music files. In the File Explorer version of Windows 10 you could easily add a rating, changing the Properties below Extra of the music file. But in Windows 11 the File Explorer shows my Windows 10 ratings, but I'm not...
  7. File Explorer is missing "system" files under Music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer is missing "system" files under Music: One of the recent releases of Windows has caused File Explorer not to show *.jpg files in my music directory. I do have it set to show hidden files. Some programs can see the .jpg files for example, album art and folder in addition to the music files .mp3 & .flac, so I know...
  8. Amending Music File Tags using File Explorer in Windows 10

Amending Music File Tags using File Explorer in Windows 10: I can edit tag attributes such as Title, Artist, Album, Album Artist for MP3 Music files using Windows 10 File Explorer, no issue. Alternatively and often quicker -especially for "bulk edits" I can use proprietary software such as Stamp ID3 Tag Editor. But for uncompressed,...
  9. Amending Music File Tags using File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Amending Music File Tags using File Explorer in Windows 10: I can edit tag attributes such as Title, Artist, Album, Album Artist for MP3 Music files using Windows 10 File Explorer, no issue. Alternatively and often quicker -especially for "bulk edits" I can use proprietary software such as Stamp ID3 Tag Editor. But for uncompressed,...
  10. Windows File Explorer not working

Windows File Explorer not working: I possess Windows 10 Pro on my new Dell Inspiron 13. I can't seem to get File explorer to display my folders. On opening it, the loading icon is displayed till the window states (Not Responding)...