Windows 10: Working with pictures in file explorer folders in Windows 10

Discus and support Working with pictures in file explorer folders in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I move pictures individually and in groups in file explorer folders in Windows 10? It seems to have some of the same functions as in Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cathrineleighland, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Working with pictures in file explorer folders in Windows 10

How do I move pictures individually and in groups in file explorer folders in Windows 10?

It seems to have some of the same functions as in Windows 7 but not all. I don't want to use the new picture app.

:)

cathrineleighland, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 29, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Working with pictures in file explorer folders in Windows 10

Pictures in Windows 10

Hi Sugar,

Apologize for the late reply.

Are you able to find other files and folders on Windows 10?

I suggest you to have a look for Windows 8.1 pictures in Windows.old folder.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer
    • Press C:\ Drive
    • under C: drive look for Windows.old folder
    • open users under Windows.old

Try the search for pictures in here.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Working with pictures in file explorer folders in Windows 10

1. Working with pictures in file explorer folders in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Working pictures file

2. pictures and file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures and file explorer: I am having a problem when I view photo's I have in a folder in file explorer. When I open the folder I can see 15 photos. When I open a photo it only will show 3 photos below that I can advance to. Why cant I see all 15 photos in the strip below and advance to each one?...
  3. pictures and file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures and file explorer: I am having a problem when I view photo's I have in a folder in file explorer. When I open the folder I can see 15 photos. When I open a photo it only will show 3 photos below that I can advance to. Why cant I see all 15 photos in the strip below and advance to each one?...
  4. Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in File Explorer: I used to see little thumbnail images of the pictures in my folders. But now all I get is a whole lot of little squares with two mountains and a moon. How do I get the little thumbnails back?...
  5. In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...

In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...: In order for me to access my local pictures, I have to go to local disk > users > pictures. Why is that? Why can't my pictures folder under "this pc" be my local photos? Instead, it's the onedrive pictures....
  6. File Explorer Pictures

File Explorer Pictures: I have a problem opening picture files in File Explorer. I am running the latest update to Windows 10. I cannot open a picture file from File Explorer. The pictures not just an icon in the various folders show up in the Explorer screen, but when I double click to open, I get...
  7. moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer

moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer: How can you move a picture within the same folder ? I used to be able to just click & drag and now that does not work...I want to manually move the pictures...
  8. Pictures in File Explorer

Pictures in File Explorer: I used to say pictures from facebook by right clicking and clicking save as and save them in a file on my computer. In File explorer it would show the pictures and I could add them to order. Now I just get a symbal and the number but not a picture. How can I have it so I...
  9. I can not find my pictures or folder with my pictures in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can not find my pictures or folder with my pictures in file explorer.: Hello, Can someone please tell me how to find and view and then send pictures to my email? Thanks, A.W. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-find-my-pictures-or-folder-with-my/ee1f65f6-c116-47fc-885e-79c05e37fd6b
  10. pictures in file folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures in file folders: I cannot preview pictures, I am only seeing an icon of a mountain. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-in-file-folders/1cc45652-3253-4d02-94fe-c7ec151d5de2