Windows 10: Working with wordpad

Discus and support Working with wordpad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried to reset margins, all the ways I've found on help lines, with no luck. My primary need is resetting the right and left margin to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by halsmith, Oct 6, 2015.

1. halsmith Win User

Working with wordpad

I've tried to reset margins, all the ways I've found on help lines, with no luck.
    My primary need is resetting the right and left margin to accommodate using Avery labels.
    I've tried moving the little mark at the top of the page to adjust it, no luck.
    Tried another, in help, no luck.
    Any suggestions

:)

halsmith, Oct 6, 2015
  2. Nor987 Win User

Printing directory of C from notepad

Thank you for your prompt reply JimWynne. Actually, in the interim, I
    did
    try Wordpad. But I had to first paste it onto Notepad and then copy it to Wordpad. (It wouldn't paste directly on Wordpad) It worked! I just printed it from the menu of Wordpad. Then I tried it with another drive, and it worked again. When
    I tried it with a 3rd drive, however, I could not get it to paste to Notepad or Wordpad. This is really a tedious process when it works. Maybe you got it to print from Wordpad easier than I did?

Nor987, Oct 6, 2015
  3. labby15 Win User
    How to put spell check on default wordpad on Windows 10?

Thank you for the input. However, those settings are ON in my computer.

They work in browsers but NOT in wordpad.

I need spellcheck in wordpad.

labby15, Oct 6, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Working with wordpad

Hi Halsmith, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Have you tried this:

Working with wordpad [​IMG]

Kari, Oct 6, 2015
  5. strollin Win User
    strollin, Oct 6, 2015
  6. I ask, if I download Avery, is this a safe download, or will I take the chance of introducing viruses into my PC,
    also is it comparable work wise to word pad??
    a note: I'm 82, and I have minimal knowledge of PCs and learning at my age seems difficult, unsure if its just me, or?
    my point, if you answer me please keep it simple, I'm not going to understand.

dearelliot, Jan 17, 2017
  7. strollin Win User
    The Avery download is safe. It is stand alone software and using it does not involve using wordpad at all.

The Avery software is very easy to use since all you need to do is to tell the software the number of the Avery label you are using and it will automatically set margins and such to accommodate that particular label. Type in the info for your label and press print.

Here is a link to a demo video on their website: http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Dem...Version-80.htm

strollin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Working with wordpad

1. Working with wordpad - Similar Threads - Working wordpad

2. List Style Feature Is Not Working In Windows 10 Wordpad. How Do I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List Style Feature Is Not Working In Windows 10 Wordpad. How Do I Fix It?: List Style Feature Is Not Working In Windows 10 Wordpad. When I click the downward arrow to the right of the feature, and scroll over Bullet, Numbering, Alphabet, and Roman Numeral, both upper and lower cased nothing shows up in the document. I've tried going to the Internet...
  3. List Style Feature Is Not Working In Windows 10 Wordpad. How Do I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List Style Feature Is Not Working In Windows 10 Wordpad. How Do I Fix It?: List Style Feature Is Not Working In Windows 10 Wordpad. When I click the downward arrow to the right of the feature, and scroll over Bullet, Numbering, Alphabet, and Roman Numeral, both upper and lower cased nothing shows up in the document. I've tried going to the Internet...
  4. Hexadecimal Unicode Character Shortcut only works in WordPad and certain other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hexadecimal Unicode Character Shortcut only works in WordPad and certain other apps: Hello,I have been having a problem with trying to put in Unicode characters in almost every app except WordPad as far as I know. I do not know of any other applications that allow the shortcut to work. A few months back, this was working just fine in every app. I have already...
  5. Hexadecimal Unicode Character Shortcut only works in WordPad and certain other apps

Hexadecimal Unicode Character Shortcut only works in WordPad and certain other apps: Hello,I have been having a problem with trying to put in Unicode characters in almost every app except WordPad as far as I know. I do not know of any other applications that allow the shortcut to work. A few months back, this was working just fine in every app. I have already...
  6. My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...: My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but it is in log format and only shows code I have changed to ODT and it is still the same...
  7. My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...: My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but it is in log format and only shows code I have changed to ODT and it is still the same...
  8. My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...

9. My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...

10. My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade