Windows 10: Workstation and Print Spooler Services after Latest Windows Update - Multiple Customers

Discus and support Workstation and Print Spooler Services after Latest Windows Update - Multiple Customers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We've run into a strange situation across numerous clients where, after installing the most recent Microsoft updates, at least a couple Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Taylor Higley ETTE, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Workstation and Print Spooler Services after Latest Windows Update - Multiple Customers

We've run into a strange situation across numerous clients where, after installing the most recent Microsoft updates, at least a couple Windows 10 v2004 machines per client will no longer be able to start the WORKSTATION and/or Print Spooler service. We see that these services have a DependsOnService where MSQUIC has been added. Yet, MSQUIC does not exist as a service on these systems. The net result is Shared Drives and/or Printers do not work.

I understand Microsoft is in the early stages of piloting out SMB-over-QUIC, so this certainly seems in the realm of a newer feature not being deployed fully/correctly.

Our workaround has been to remove the MSQUIC dependency, such as:

Set-Itemproperty -path 'HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MRXSMB' -Name 'DependOnService' -value 'rdbss' Restart-Computer

After this, everything works fine.

I am wondering if anyone else has seen this issue thus far?

:)

Taylor Higley ETTE, Jul 29, 2020

2. Issue after installation with print spooler

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps given below and check if that helps.

Note: All the steps mentioned below holds good for windows 10 as well.

If print spooler keeps stopping in Windows 8.1,
    I would suggest to follow the steps given below.

• If the print spooler is not responding to your print commands and print is not happening when printer is fine physically (No paper jam or any error indications on printer hardware). These methods will help
      to clear the pending print jobs (print queue) and hanging spooler service.

• Clear the print spooler files where the Operating Systems store printing jobs temporarily, deleting these file will allow the print spooler to start freshly and run smoothly next time.

• Go to C -> Windows -> System32 -> Spool -> Printers and delete all files inside this folder. This is the location OS keeps the printing jobs before sending
      to printers. Once you delete these files, print queue will be cleared. The same location is applicable for latest Windows 8 and 8.1 too.
    If the problem persists, follow the steps given below.

• Go to services under Computer Management.

• Double click Print Spooler service and go to
      Recovery tab. Here we can set what that service should do when it fails.

• Select ‘Restart the Service’ in Subsequent Failures field. So, it will try restarting print spooler service whenever it fails.

• Go to ‘Dependencies’
      tab and make sure all depending services are started. Luckily, only one dependency service for print spooler service which is
      Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service.

• Check the RPC service in services and make sure it’s already started.
    If the issue still persists, the last step would be to check for the printer drivers. If the printer drivers are not installed properly, I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Delete all unwanted printers from your computer.

• Make sure all printers are installed with proper drivers.
    Additional Information:

Please refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article will
    help you identify and fix common printer problems in Windows. Printing problems can be caused by cables that aren’t connected properly, problems with wireless adapters or settings, damaged or incompatible printer drivers or missing updates.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Jul 29, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Workstation and Print Spooler Services after Latest Windows Update - Multiple Customers

Print Spooler Service Stopping

Drugged up on Pain Med's, exhausted from barely any sleep for four days and trying to type on a iPhnone. The USB driver and queue can end up stalling. Have you checked the print queue to see if there are jobs stalled or in the Print Spooler folder? Also grab the Process Explorer by Sysinternals from Microsoft.com. It will allow you to see the Sub Process, especially under the System process. See the following:

Clear Printer Spooler Files

• Click Start, type Services.msc in Search box or Click WIN+Q, type “Services.msc” in the open box.
    • Services can be found under Computer Management on older operation system (Windows XP)
    • Double-click Printer Spooler in the list.
    • Click Stop and click OK.
    • Open C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.

I cannot find the tutorial, this is a more extensive way to check Print spooler stopping automatically on Windows 10, Windows 8 and 8.1 windowstricks.in

bro67, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Workstation and Print Spooler Services after Latest Windows Update - Multiple Customers

1. Workstation and Print Spooler Services after Latest Windows Update - Multiple Customers - Similar Threads - Workstation Print Spooler

2. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...: How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting automatically"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-print-spooler-service-is-not-working/933b0e5f-db69-4f28-a67e-093286458ca0
  6. Workstation and Print Spooler Services after Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Workstation and Print Spooler Services after Latest Windows Update: submitted by /u/thigley986 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i08saz/workstation_and_print_spooler_services_after/
  7. Print spooler not working after Windows update

Print spooler not working after Windows update: Since the automatic update on 4th October, no printers work. Re-starting the print spooler works for a short while - I managed to print one page - but the print spooler runs for a few seconds, then stops. I can't even remove a printer to re-install the drivers. Have tried...
  8. Print Spooler Service is Not Running

Print Spooler Service is Not Running: My computer stopped being able to print suddenly, and I am getting the Print Spooler Service is Not Running error. I have an HP ENVY 4250 that I attempted to remove (and it's drivers) including a multitude of locations based on recommendations here. However it is still...
  9. Print Spooler crashing after Windows update

Print Spooler crashing after Windows update: A month ago my computer installed a routine Windows Update upon shut down. When I started up the next morning I couldn't print, getting an error saying I needed to install a printer to be able to print. When I clicked on the network printer I wanted to install I got another...
  10. Print Spooler Service Stopping

Print Spooler Service Stopping: What can I do to keep the print spooler service from stopping all the time ? I have to restart it almost daily. Thanks in advance for assistance. 70050