Windows 10: Workstation service not starting 1068 error

Discus and support Workstation service not starting 1068 error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, After I updated Windows 10 Ver 2004, I lost my network drives. While I tried to find solutions, I found out that workstation service was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HM_Lee, Jun 2, 2020.

1. HM_Lee Win User

Workstation service not starting 1068 error

Hello,

After I updated Windows 10 Ver 2004, I lost my network drives. While I tried to find solutions, I found out that workstation service was not working 1068 error. I read and tried a couple of solutions described here and there, but nothing worked out. I'm considering downgrade to Ver 1909. Before doing it, I visited here to get new ideas.

:)

HM_Lee, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Nostabo Win User

Cannot start the Computer Browser and Workstation services (Error 1068)

My Windows 10 PC cannot start the Computer Browser and Workstation services. Because of this I cannot see any other PCs (and my NAS) on my local network. This situation also prevents file and print sharing for this network to be active.
    When I try to manually start the Computer Browser and Workstation services I get the message, "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

The only changes that I made prior to this problem (that I can recall) is upgrading Virtualbox and the usual Windows 10 updates.

I have tried several "fixes" from this forum and others with no help. Most are for Windows 7 errors or this type. Nothing has worked so far. Unfortunately I don't have a Restore Point that goes back to before this happened.

I ran SFC /SCANNOW and it found only one corrupted file:

"Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted"

Any new ideas would be appreciative...

Nostabo, Jun 2, 2020
  3. error 1068: Printer Spooler service not working/starting

Hi,

A workaround is to remove "http" from the list of Dependencies for Spooler.

(From Fix Spooler Service Error 1068)

From an elevated Command Prompt, type:

SC CONFIG SPOOLER DEPEND= RPCSS

There is a space after the equal-to sign. Spooler should start now.

But the other issue why http driver doesn't start, needs troubleshooting.

In the Admin command prompt window, type:

NET START HTTP

Post back the error. (It's probably code 31 again.)

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 2, 2020
  4. MrOctober Win User

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

I have an Samsung 850 EVO installed, it lets Windows do the optimization. In doing so the indexing service was disabled. But now I can't get the Streaming service to start. I get the 1068 error when trying to start it.

MrOctober, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Workstation service not starting 1068 error - Similar Threads - Workstation service starting

2. getting DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netprofm error on server...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netprofm error on server...: I am getting "DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netprofm " every second on my server 2016 all of a sudden, but the dpendancy is DHCP which i dont run and is disable don this server. Anyone have any suggestions please?...
  3. Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.: Hello there, I have recently been having issues with no list of available networks showing up and my internet settings closing right after after being opened sometimes it doesn't even open at all and just crashes my settings. Moving on, I opened services,msc to check if I had...
  4. Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.: Hello there, I have recently been having issues with no list of available networks showing up and my internet settings closing right after after being opened sometimes it doesn't even open at all and just crashes my settings. Moving on, I opened services,msc to check if I had...
  5. Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. 1068 Error Service Dependency Fail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1068 Error Service Dependency Fail: I have a brand new 1 day old HP Pavilion x360. While installing Eset internet security the 1068 error code comes up with ESETs header. I called the US number that comes up under the error code. They remoted into my computer and found that my operating version is high...
  7. Print Spooler Service Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start

in Windows 10 News
    Print Spooler Service Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start: [ATTACH] The Print Spooler Service in the Windows operating system is responsible for managing all print jobs and handles interaction with the printer, and if it ceases to run, you would be unable to print anything from your system. In such [...] This post Print Spooler...
  8. Security Center Services Cannot Be Started - Error 1068

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Center Services Cannot Be Started - Error 1068: Hi, I am getting the "Security Center Can't Be Started" message on booting in the Action Center. I ran the following scans and removed all PUPs, spywares, etc. - ESET online, Kaspersky AV, Malwarebytes, Super Antispyware, Hitman Pro, Spybot, Roguekiller, Adware Removal...
  9. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start: I have an Samsung 850 EVO installed, it lets Windows do the optimization. In doing so the indexing service was disabled. But now I can't get the Streaming service to start. I get the 1068 error when trying to start it. 80118
  10. ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service

ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service: After running windows in safe mode to test something my firewall stopped working. I need some help since i could not find anything related to this issue on Win10. When i try to initialize windows Firewall service i get the message error 1068 and when i try to run it through...