Windows 10: Workstations keep loosing time and date. How do I sync with the Server on our Local Area...

Discus and support Workstations keep loosing time and date. How do I sync with the Server on our Local Area... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, We have a Network of 6 workstations running Windows 10, connected to a server running Windows Server 2012R2. It is not connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Al Q Poe, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Al Q Poe Win User

Workstations keep loosing time and date. How do I sync with the Server on our Local Area...

Hello,

We have a Network of 6 workstations running Windows 10, connected to a server running Windows Server 2012R2. It is not connected to the internet for security reasons.

At least once a day a couple of the workstations loose the time and date. Sometimes going back 5+ years. The server has always kept perfect time.

Our temporarily fixes have been to restart the workstations and 80% of the time they find the correct time.

My question is how can I get each work station to sync with the server each time it starts up?

Thanks,

Al

:)

Al Q Poe, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Al Q Poe Win User

Workstations keep loosing time and date. How do I sync with the Server on our Local Area Network?

Hello,

We have a Network of 6 workstations running Windows 10, connected to a server running Windows Server 2012R2. It is not connected to the internet for security reasons.

At least once a day a couple of the workstations loose the time and date. Sometimes going back 5+ years. The server has always kept perfect time.

Our temporarily fixes have been to restart the workstations and 80% of the time they find the correct time.

My question is how can I get each work station to sync with the server each time it starts up?

Thanks,

Al

Al Q Poe, Jul 30, 2020
  3. F.Farah Win User
    Workstations keep loosing time and date. How do I sync with the Server on our Local Area Network?

Hello Al, my name is Farah and I'm an Independent Adviser. I can help you regarding this problem

is your network a domain network or a simple work-groub?

If you have a domain network, your workstations gets the time from the server directly, and there is no chance that they are mis-syncing. it could be a hardware issue, the CMOS "or motherboard" battery could dying.

Try un-joining on of the client and join them again as a test, and see if it gets better

if not, you need to replace the battery on one of them

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

Farah

F.Farah, Jul 30, 2020
  4. MikeKatz1 Win User

Workstations keep loosing time and date. How do I sync with the Server on our Local Area...

Local server not listed

I just upgraded to Win10, and although I see the local network workstations listed my server is not. How do I connect to the server? 192.168.1.9 dosnt work

MikeKatz1, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Workstations keep loosing time and date. How do I sync with the Server on our Local Area... - Similar Threads - Workstations keep loosing

2. How do i stop Windows 10 from syncing date/time to BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop Windows 10 from syncing date/time to BIOS?: Hi, I'm JeromSince 2023, My Laptop stopped booting It refused to detect HDDI tried loading setup defaults from BIOS,And it boots.But i can't keep doing this everytime to boot up as it takes long time to load.And i tried changing year 2022, it works fine.So then I understand,...
  3. How do i stop Windows 10 from syncing date/time to BIOS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop Windows 10 from syncing date/time to BIOS?: Hi, I'm JeromSince 2023, My Laptop stopped booting It refused to detect HDDI tried loading setup defaults from BIOS,And it boots.But i can't keep doing this everytime to boot up as it takes long time to load.And i tried changing year 2022, it works fine.So then I understand,...
  4. How do i stop Windows 10 from syncing date/time to BIOS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Date and time sync not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date and time sync not working.: Hello. I recently moved to the United States, and I need to change my date and time settings.Unfortunately, the time zone will not synchronize. I have a 6-month old Surface Laptop 4 and I'm only getting these problems now.When I change my time zone to Eastern time, the time...
  6. Date and time sync not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date and time sync not working.: Hello. I recently moved to the United States, and I need to change my date and time settings.Unfortunately, the time zone will not synchronize. I have a 6-month old Surface Laptop 4 and I'm only getting these problems now.When I change my time zone to Eastern time, the time...
  7. Time server won't sync. How do I change it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time server won't sync. How do I change it?: Time server won't sync. How do I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-server-wont-sync-how-do-i-change-it/2048280f-9bf1-40ba-8e84-41f65d4d0d62
  8. Date & time sync issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Date & time sync issues: I've a windows 10 Pro installation on a desktop bought August 2020. However, I have synchronisation issues. The computer won't synchronize automatically. It always displayed the date/time of the most recent shutdown of the computer. Settings in date/time: * Time...
  9. Date and Time Not Syncing Automatically

Date and Time Not Syncing Automatically: I am a Windows 10 user. I am also using Linux Ubuntu in parallel with Windows 10 as I have dual booted my laptop. The problem I am facing is that the date and time is not automatically syncing in Windows 10. Everytime I boot Windows, I have to manually sync it by going to...
  10. Sync of Date and time

Sync of Date and time: My windows 10 is not syncing date and time. I am doing it manually every time by going to control panel --> Internet time settings --> update now. The server mentioned by for time sync is 'time.windows.com'. i have verified 'windows time' services and it is in automatic mode...